Dexterity for a Cleric?

Verya - Heavens Tear
Verya - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Cleric
In my lower levels, I was quite foolish, and instead of adding to my magic, I did an all-round type of deal. Now, I am focused primarily on my magic, but I'm still on the lower end (one level, or about five attribute points, behind those needed for arcane gear). I have a lot of dexterity, and I was wondering if it serves me any use other than wearing light armor and increasing my critical attacks.

Note: I will NOT be wearing light armor.

Current Stats
VIT.: 51
STR.: 34
MAG.: 152
DEX.: 40

How much dexterity should I have as a Cleric who WILL NOT BE WEARING LIGHT ARMOR? Also, if this is the case that I have too much dexterity, should I buy the Reset Notes?

Thanks!
Post edited by Verya - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You do not need any Dex on a Cleric.

My opinion = Those points would be better served and utilized Magic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As arcane cleric, you should have no points in Dex - remove as many as you can and put them in your Mag. That 2% extra crit rate you get translates to 37 extra Mag points which do a lot more in terms of solid consistent damage (and improved healing) than 2% crit.

The Vit is not too bad, for survivability and obviously you need the Str to equip armours and weapons - bear in mind that your TT60 weapon and arcane robe only need 34 Str so you don't need to add any more of that currently. Hope this helps a little :).
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I did the same thing as you, but I realized that it wasn't a good idea at lv 20ish. >_>

I'd advise you to take your DEX down to 5-10 again, you will arguably never need to add VIT again (keep what you have though), and your STR is good for the time being- but you can never have too much MAG. ^^
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Verya - Heavens Tear
    Verya - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Awesome. Thank you! You've all been extremely helpful. Looks like I gotta buy that Reset Note now, which I figured I had to do anyway.

Thanks again!
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    I'd advise you to take your DEX down to 5-10 again, you will arguably never need to add VIT again (keep what you have though), and your STR is good for the time being- but you can never have too much MAG. ^^

If you're going to spend some money to re-stat anyway, I heartily recommend taking Dex down to 3 (which is the minimum). 5 or 10 Dex has no effect on your crit rate, as far as I know it only has an effect for every 20 Dex points that it adds 1% crit. Unless you can't afford it, in which case reduce as much as you can b:cute.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If you're going to spend some money to re-stat anyway, I heartily recommend taking Dex down to 3 (which is the minimum). 5 or 10 Dex has no effect on your crit rate, as far as I know it only has an effect for every 20 Dex points that it adds 1% crit. Unless you can't afford it, in which case reduce as much as you can b:cute.

She speaks the truth! Btw I called my herc that b:cute
    b:dirty
  • GodlyTank - Dreamweaver
    GodlyTank - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    In my lower levels, I was quite foolish, and instead of adding to my magic, I did an all-round type of deal. Now, I am focused primarily on my magic, but I'm still on the lower end (one level, or about five attribute points, behind those needed for arcane gear). I have a lot of dexterity, and I was wondering if it serves me any use other than wearing light armor and increasing my critical attacks.

Note: I will NOT be wearing light armor.

Current Stats
    VIT.: 51
    STR.: 34
    MAG.: 152
    DEX.: 40

How much dexterity should I have as a Cleric who WILL NOT BE WEARING LIGHT ARMOR? Also, if this is the case that I have too much dexterity, should I buy the Reset Notes?

Thanks!

Buy Reset Notes, Put dex down to 5. There is no point in wasting 35 attribute points in dexterity for a total of 3% crit (Not including equips). If ur not using Light armor, which u arnt, then you dont need dex, your hurting yourself more by having it.
    b:sweat
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    She speaks the truth! Btw I called my herc that b:cute

You called your Herc Belial? That's cute!
    Over on our server, there's an entire guild named after me b:chuckle.
    Buy Reset Notes, Put dex down to 5. There is no point in wasting 35 attribute points in dexterity for a total of 3% crit (Not including equips). If ur not using Light armor, which u arnt, then you dont need dex, your hurting yourself more by having it.

Sorry to keep butting in and offering advice >_>.

There are four types of reset note available.

Basic Reset - 10 points of any one attribute (3 gold)
    Basic Reset All - 5 points of each attribute (3 gold)
    Intermediate Reset - 50 points of any one attribute (5 gold)
    Intermediate Reset All - 25 points of each attribute (5 gold)

Looking at all the stats on this character, there is no reason to reduce the Mag (obviously) nor the Strength since it is appropriate for level 60 anyway. The vit isn't bad to keep around (until later game when you get armours which you plan to keep for a while; then you can put HP shards in there or refine them to get more hit points).

Since only one attribute really needs changing, this extra Dex you have, there's just about the only choice to save up for an Intermediate Reset which would maximise Dex reduction for lowest cost...

*waits to be told to get outta cleric forums*
  • PurpleBerry - Heavens Tear
    PurpleBerry - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Rawrr b:victory
  • Jahailad - Lost City
    Jahailad - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i did that too but i ended up going as aLA cleric until i hit lvl 50
    then i restatted to a vit build
    i actually restatted again to take my dex to 3
    actually a pretty decent choice unless your a LA cleric dex is useless