Is this game time consuming?

Options
neif
neif Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
Some friends of mine started playing this game and they wanted me to play as well, but before I got into it I was wondering how time consuming this game is. I'm just finishing my first semester (Summer sessions) at USF here and I'm goin back in the Fall as a freshman, and I'm not sure I'll have all that much time for PC gaming. As a matter of fact, in the summer now (With 15 week courses crammed into 5, mind you) I haven't had much time at all to play games. What little free time I had was spent with friends and hanging out with people, and I'm not sure I want to sacrifice all that for a game if I have to.

So, my question to you all is what type of game is this in regards to time constraints? Will I be able to pick up this game for a half hour and get stuff done? Or is it like FFXI where I need a good two hours to be productive by any means?

Thanks in advance for the responses.
Post edited by neif on

Comments

• riddiculus
    riddiculus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    neif wrote: »
    Some friends of mine started playing this game and they wanted me to play as well, but before I got into it I was wondering how time consuming this game is. I'm just finishing my first semester (Summer sessions) at USF here and I'm goin back in the Fall as a freshman, and I'm not sure I'll have all that much time for PC gaming. As a matter of fact, in the summer now (With 15 week courses crammed into 5, mind you) I haven't had much time at all to play games. What little free time I had was spent with friends and hanging out with people, and I'm not sure I want to sacrifice all that for a game if I have to.

So, my question to you all is what type of game is this in regards to time constraints? Will I be able to pick up this game for a half hour and get stuff done? Or is it like FFXI where I need a good two hours to be productive by any means?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Very time consuming
  • WraitHunter - Dreamweaver
    WraitHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You can't do anything nor in half an hour nor in 2-3 hours.Well atleast few things.It is time comsuming because you can do tons of things.I just started frostcover city and even you can only do it once per day per per sqaud member eat several hours each run.But having fun makes it worth and you hardly notice the time fly bye.
    Best option is to not play the game in those exams months etc.
  • neif
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Hm...Well, two people say it's very time consuming so far. Anyone else have thoughts or opinions on the matter?
  • QueenOfMagic - Heavens Tear
    QueenOfMagic - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    the lower lvls of the game are not all tht time consuming but around lvl 50-60 it starts becoming more time consuming to lvl and only gets worse
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I don't think it's very time consuming o.O
    There are certain things that will take a bit of time - FB/TT/RB runs, TW... but that's usually at later levels and (most) people don't spend all of their time doing that.
    Most basic quests can be done rather quickly. Later on, you'll need to start grinding... but unless you're using an exp scroll, which lasts for an hour and counts down whether you're logged in or not, you won't have to spend hours at a time doing it if you don't want to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • jayword
    jayword Posts: 10
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It can be if you allow it to, however I have to disagree with the posts above me. You CAN get alot done in a short time period.

If your short on time, you can do a daily quest which takes about 15 mins, and go grind for alittle. These things combined will reward you with a good amount of exp and money =)

If you were really short time, you actually can just do ur daily quests everyday and still lvl pretty good.

So, i say yes this game can be a a time drain, however that is only if you it to be, and allow it to be. Thx =)
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have lots of characters, I've found this is the one game where you actually can usually spend very little time or a lot of time playing. Depends on your needs. The only part that gets where it is time consuming before around lvl 60 is the instances. For them sometimes you need an hour or so. Depending on the lvls in the squad.

You can very easily play 20-30 minutes a day and make progress... altho mind you I didn't say it would be great progress. But enough that it would be fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    They are all crazy.

I'm level 68 I think in 2 weeks I will be level 70. I play maybe an hour and a half a day.

(Then again I've been playing since September)

You can play very casually as I do and still get to higher levels, however it might be a while.

And every know and then you might have to go on for 2+ hours for a dungeon or something that requires you to be on for an extended period of time.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It's time consuming in terms of leveling and gearing and such. Depends what you wanna do. If you wanna roll with hte "big boys" it'll cost you a lot of money nad a lot of time. Not joking. But if you jsut wanna play to have fun and such.. I have a level 70 Character that I levled in like 3 months... just doing dailies and having fun goofing off in spare time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Amarta - Sanctuary
    Amarta - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    As far as getting up into the higher levels, yes it is very time consuming.

As far as having to commit yourself for hours at a time in one sitting, not so much. Some events like Twilight Temple and Rebirth can take hours, but you don't have to do those consistently to enjoy the game.
  • neif
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Alrighty,guess i'll be playing. I'll start the download tonight and play in the afternoon. Thanks for your help, guys!
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    neif wrote: »
    Alrighty,guess i'll be playing. I'll start the download tonight and play in the afternoon. Thanks for your help, guys!

Welcome to perfect world... I forgot to mention you might wanna pick a PvE server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I would treat it like any casual thing to do in life don't sit at it most of the day.There are days I only play an hour do one quest.

Welcome to to PWI as well and hope you enjoy the game.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I agree the first 60 levels are easily obtained, but after that it can get time consuming. The quickest way of leveling, in my own experience, is zhenning and running Fbs. I.E, tonight I zhenned for 3 hours, and would have continued if it wasn't for my squad leaving. But I also devote a large amount of time into this game cause I have a lot of spare time. I normally do at least 1 TT day, my dailies, and a couple hours of grinding. I also try to get in at least one good FB a day to increase my reputation points. In short, it's only time consuming if you let it be.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • EgaeniI - Heavens Tear
    EgaeniI - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    dont know.. lvling seems very easy for me really.. 1-60 fbs 60-85 zhen 86+ fb again well and rebirth of course... in fact i only ever grind like one day b:cute time consuming? i guess if u do any big event like tt(for ur gears) or rebirth ( a lot of exp) u need 2-4hrs non stop gaming
    b:bye full time shop part time player