Areas that PKers guard that prevents lower levels from completing quests

Imapownu - Harshlands
Imapownu - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
Currently I am unable to complete/receive quests due to the fact that there are always PKers in heavens tear!!!!b:angry What other areas do you think that PKers guard is? And do you think there should be a penalty for PKing in certain areas? Or just certain places made into safe zones?
Post edited by Imapownu - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Easiest thing to do in my opinion is flying up high and then dropping right on top of the npc. If you're fast or if they're busy you can get the quest done before they get to you.

Or if you have any high level friends or guildies you can ask them to come over, if you're on a pk server then I'm sure there's going to be a lot of people bored enough to come and help you out. I think it's fine the way it is, even if the people camping Heaven's Tear and Orchid are pretty sad.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    And do you think there should be a penalty for PKing in certain areas?

On a PvP server? No way. This is lost city!
    Easiest thing to do in my opinion is flying up high and then dropping right on top of the npc. If you're fast or if they're busy you can get the quest done before they get to you.

Try this. I had your same exact problem around that level, but this method worked wonders b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Currently I am unable to complete/receive quests due to the fact that there are always PKers in heavens tear!!!!b:angry What other areas do you think that PKers guard is? And do you think there should be a penalty for PKing in certain areas? Or just certain places made into safe zones?
    We have PvE servers b:chuckle
    Quit.
  • Phsyco - Lost City
    Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    pk penalties on a pvp server?...
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    currently I Am Unable To Complete/receive Quests Due To The Fact That There Are Always Pkers In Heavens Tear!!!!b:angry What Other Areas Do You Think That Pkers Guard Is? And Do You Think There Should Be A Penalty For Pking In Certain Areas? Or Just Certain Places Made Into Safe Zones?

Q Q .
  • quartzx
    quartzx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lvl up with other or cycle quests i went through it too and it was annoying but when i got strongerit was fun to kill them for trying to take me onb:pleased
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There are penalties.

If you don't have a doll you can drop things that aren't bounded while red named.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Heh. One of the funniest things I've seen so far was someone getting killed up there and dropping their Gliding Heavens sword. That's gotta suck for the victim, but still.
  • Topnotch - Heavens Tear
    Topnotch - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    if it happens PM Icon!
    he will PK everybody for free.
    soooo gogogogogogo PM Icon.
  • Wolfkight - Harshlands
    Wolfkight - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i think no but if u kill like 10 ppl in those place in like 10 mins if someone kills u u lose item and dolls wont help them like a deadly pentaly
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lol, I had the same issue at HT a while back. My solution - I waited high above the NPC keeping an eye on the RPKr. It wasn't long before someone came along and was attacked, while the PKr was distracted I dropped down got my quest and left. b:victory

If that hadn't worked I would just have called on my Guild to give me a hand.
  • BludShot - Lost City
    BludShot - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQq
    b:surrender
  • PandaXpresss - Harshlands
    PandaXpresss - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Like they say, you don't have to run faster than the bear, just faster than your friend...
  • AngelicArrow - Harshlands
    AngelicArrow - Harshlands Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Kill Them All
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lol, I had the same issue at HT a while back. My solution - I waited high above the NPC keeping an eye on the RPKr. It wasn't long before someone came along and was attacked, while the PKr was distracted I dropped down got my quest and left. b:victory

If that hadn't worked I would just have called on my Guild to give me a hand.

I second this answer.

The challenge on PvP servers is you have to pay attention to your surroundings before you charge recklessly through your quests. I'm assuming you're not up to this challenge, since you're claiming that you can't level because of too much pk.

Basically, if you see red names near the area you're trying to go, it's probably not a good idea to continue unless you're ready for a fight.

Not trying to be rude, but you can't just expect the game to be easier. Hundreds, probably thousands of people have leveled past your level, so saying "preventing me from leveling," is just gonna get you posts like this vvv ...
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQq

... which is probably frusterating you even more. In other words, you're not going to get any real sympathy. Sorry, dude.
  • kumothespider
    kumothespider Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Maybe its just me but somebody who calls themselves 'Imapownu' Might maybe be kinda asking to get PKed... just a thought.
  • roman6
    roman6 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Like they say, you don't have to run faster than the bear, just faster than your friend...

LOLOL sooo true! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zinova - Harshlands
    Zinova - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yo eff that i'm gonna get like 5 more EA's with me and open barrage on NPC, i'll supply the mp hiero to mah buddies!

~Stay Fresh
  • Faiha - Lost City
    Faiha - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    On my BM (where I can PK) I just respawn and go back over and over until either they go away or I make it to the NPC first. Persistence is something I'm good at. Or maybe I'm just a bit slow in the head? b:puzzled
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well likliness is if they're PKing a bunch of level 3x then they have no clue how to actually play their class and they're pretty easy for any higher level member of your guild to take down ^^ we've taken on tons of people to help our lower level guildies complete quests. b:victory and I must say we do win more than we lose. Even if we couldn't kill the person for whatever reason we could still drag them off the guildie long enough for them to turn in what they had and then leave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    About some of the suggestion that people suggest to avoid getting PK such as flying or sneaking, sorry to say that PK-er can easily camp next to or on top of NPC, and some quest NPC just love to give lecture...

My suggestion is to make a safe zone around the NPC (radius 5m is enough, because that is the distance you can interact with the NPC). It make no sense to punish player who PK in a PvP server, as if the karma system are not good enough.
  • MiksIr - Harshlands
    MiksIr - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    May be i'm wrong, but lot of noob pk'ers do it for increase own pk rank. My suggestion about rank penalty. For example, killing 10lvl lower - zero to rating, killing 20lvl lower - decrease rank, etc. It's easy to do and rank will be more actual. Also can be nice special color of nick for pk-ing low lvls =)
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    My suggestion is to make low level have stun effect attached to all their attack, the duration in sec is the same as level different.
    So level 1 archer can stun level 105 BM for 104 sec for example so they can sneak past and finish quest.