Take off the BM NERF

Options
13»

Comments

• Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Blade/Axe/Pole/Fist masters have got to be the most spread out, underpowered and downright spat upon class in PW. They cannot take on enemies same level or even 20 levels below them. It's a joke how little use they are in this game. They lack HP, defense, and attack power. I'm not asking for all three to be risen, but give them SOMETHING to make them worthwhile on the battlefield. Want HP? Go Barb. Want Damage? Go Wizard. Want Defense? Go Veno. Give an archer a sword and he'd be better than most BMs.

And don't come in here saying "stun lock" because the only use a stun lock is for is to procrastinate the eventual fate of them dying. Every other class can win a 1v1 fight against something, but BMs lose against everyone. I'm sick of the class that can shine the brightest get sludged on by the devs into something that has to beg for help for everything.

Skill has nothing to do with this. I stun locked a wizard for 5 minutes straight and then it two hit killed me. I'm a pole with bleed maxed, and it doesn't help that our defensive skills are suicide tradeoffs. Wizards get to raise defense AND regen, while we must decide whether our average phys defense should be above average and sacrifice magic, or make our comical magic defense below average and reduce our phys defense to below average.

The skill tree is also horrendous. 4 different trees with 4 different weapons!!! From an experienced standpoint. Never go any weapon besides axe. Sword is nerfed and its only good attack is it's 59, pole has bleed and range but it's **** poor weak, fist has nothing but a sub-par aoe sweep kick that has a 6 second cool down. Axes have 3 aoe attacks and one of them stun, but it doesn't matter because they are all nerfed. It doesn't help that every class has a skill to make our attacks weaker than they already are. How pathetic is it that you're role in TW is to run around dying while stunning people so the real workers can kill in peace?

Comically poor, I rate BMs a 2/10. The 2 being that they can stun enemies for a while. Everything else is a joke. No damage, no defense, no HP. That's my tirade for tonight. AVOID BM AT ALL COST. They have all their attributes crippled because they are the hybrid class of failure. Archers are hybrids and do it just fine, so why are BMs such a joke?

Now ignore me and nitpick at my grammar, because the fact stands strong that BMs are the weakest class with no positive points. A weak man with skill has nothing against a strong man with equal skill.

i can kill any class ,y level but tbh bm is more of a support class ike..i stun that guy while the DD kills him
  • Scoped - Lost City
    Scoped - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If you died to someone 20 levels lower its probably because your bad
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    In my opinion BMs are the of the most overpowered lol, all they need is 4k+ hp and they become impossible to kill, with a possible 20 or so second stun lock, skills that up there magic defences by like 150% and good crit rate there one of the most painful. Sure they can
  • Grox - Dreamweaver
    Grox - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm a level 90 Blademaster and i've yet to see the usefulness of them. We are mostly a surport class, not good at anything. We can stun, that's all we can do. Aoe, stun, surport. We are melee class with ridiculus low damage for melee class that can't tank well. I noticed 60 - 80 we really shine 1v1. Then 80+ we turn back to our surport roles of stun, aoe. Even stun takes insane amounts of chi. Also leap, most of ours skills are chi. Use marrow to build chi and get one shot.

Anyway this is just my opinion, I know none will agree with me or even see the points i'm trying to make.
  • Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    BMs are just underpowered in skill based, we lack HP, physical attack (whoever says that BM has more p.atk than a barb eat a ****) and skills that get to debuff you.

Blademasters have as buffs the physical defense and the 2 alter marrow. Why don't we have 4 buffs like the barbs? (Physical attack, HP, accuracy and wood dmg (the last two are self-buff)

Not only that but Barbs can also decrease physical resistance with one skill, we only have our lvl 59 skills that does some debuff that last for 6-8 seconds, we don't even get a skill that increases our slow **** attack rate.

I'm a lvl 91 blademaster and I've enjoy playing my char but.. there are times that I regret even making it and makes me feel like rerollin' to a wizard. I can't say that I don't enjoy PvP as a BM because our stuns annoy people and they're pretty much effective but what happens if we're not available to stun? maybe lack of chi or even the guy we're fighting has a anti stun genie skill? It's like a big pile of **** is falling over us.

Wizards - The weakest class from 1-6x but at 79 when they get undine they just hit hard as ****

Venos - Easy grind, easy money maker, whenever they get a nix they just can kill anything that moves and not to mention they have decent HP and p.def.

Barbs - HP, Perdition something a blademaster would like to have, overpowered endgame.

Archers - They used to be a pain in the **** when I used to be under 80 due their m.atk skills

Clerics - Heals, sleep, freeze and heals. If you can't stun them before they sleep you, you're pretty much screwed.

Blademasters - Very fun PvE class, can switch between 4 weapons but only 2 of em are worth to use (Axes and spear), the favourite wizard's one shot target at 90+, BMs must have a certain weapon to be "good" at pvp (weapons with double dmg i.e XS and GX) while others can use any other piece of **** that has really insane damage every 5/10 levels while we stuck to XS (lvl 70) till lvl 90/100 since I've seen BMs lvl 100 with XS.

But whatever my QQ is not going to change the game and they wouldn't even think about it since if they did change anything and made us overpowered or more balanced to others they will QQ aswell so why give yourself a headache.. If you really hate being a BM just quit and make a new char, period.

QQing,

DanteII.
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    BMs are just underpowered in skill based, we lack HP, physical attack (whoever says that BM has more p.atk than a barb eat a ****) and skills that get to debuff you.

Blademasters have as buffs the physical defense and the 2 alter marrow. Why don't we have 4 buffs like the barbs? (Physical attack, HP, accuracy and wood dmg (the last two are self-buff)

Not only that but Barbs can also decrease physical resistance with one skill, we only have our lvl 59 skills that does some debuff that last for 6-8 seconds, we don't even get a skill that increases our slow **** attack rate.

I'm a lvl 91 blademaster and I've enjoy playing my char but.. there are times that I regret even making it and makes me feel like rerollin' to a wizard. I can't say that I don't enjoy PvP as a BM because our stuns annoy people and they're pretty much effective but what happens if we're not available to stun? maybe lack of chi or even the guy we're fighting has a anti stun genie skill? It's like a big pile of **** is falling over us.

Wizards - The weakest class from 1-6x but at 79 when they get undine they just hit hard as ****

Venos - Easy grind, easy money maker, whenever they get a nix they just can kill anything that moves and not to mention they have decent HP and p.def.

Barbs - HP, Perdition something a blademaster would like to have, overpowered endgame.

Archers - They used to be a pain in the **** when I used to be under 80 due their m.atk skills

Clerics - Heals, sleep, freeze and heals. If you can't stun them before they sleep you, you're pretty much screwed.

Blademasters - Very fun PvE class, can switch between 4 weapons but only 2 of em are worth to use (Axes and spear), the favourite wizard's one shot target at 90+, BMs must have a certain weapon to be "good" at pvp (weapons with double dmg i.e XS and GX) while others can use any other piece of **** that has really insane damage every 5/10 levels while we stuck to XS (lvl 70) till lvl 90/100 since I've seen BMs lvl 100 with XS.

But whatever my QQ is not going to change the game and they wouldn't even think about it since if they did change anything and made us overpowered or more balanced to others they will QQ aswell so why give yourself a headache.. If you really hate being a BM just quit and make a new char, period.

QQing,

DanteII.
    BM's are beyond amazing in pvp. Being able to stun a target for an almost guaranteed 12 seconds to 30+ if lucky is imba. Tell anyone this who was coming from any other pvp mmo and they would be all over bm. Now, obviously bm's have arguably the lowest single attack damage in the game but what bm's lack in single attack damage they make up in sustained dps and the best defenses in the game. Spec your gear right and you can have unbelievably high pdef and mdef ontop of the second highest hp.

The downside to bm's are they are very gear dependent. At endgame, with hh99 full set and refines bm's are at their best. Before that bm's pretty much need a zerk weapon to kill people. 80-90 blows for pvp if you don't have a decently refined xs. 1 or 2 lingyuns are mandatory (used to be millions but I heard it's lowered now). Not to mention the refines required to have high enough str for axes and high dex. To perform at their best bm's need to branch into 2-3 weapon trees. You aren't limited to 1 for a reason. You get your damage from the bonuses/skills each weapon tree provides.

Usually you see a typical bm pvping with either their axe, spear, blade or fist. Very rarely you see a bm switching weapons to utilize the skills they are just ignoring. This is why people dislike playing bm's, they are trying to play at a disadvantage. Obviously with a +12 gx against people with only +5 sets you won't notice this but when, if ever, people catch up you will be sol.

If you are axes try getting a spear and the skill 'farstrike.' This skill is highly underrated and it is costly to pass up. 15 meters of drake bash-like damage is amazing for someone with low hp kiting a heiro tick. At 90 I only had the hh60 spear at the time and even in pvp with it I could knock off almost 25% of a light armors hp with this skill. Combined with drake's ray and smack you are almost an archer with all that range ^_^. At endgame with cv claw you can easily get 2.5 normal attack speed, 2.8 with cyclone heel and 3.25 with relentless courage. If you ever get this far in the game a lot of your pvp will be normal attacks between stuns. Enjoy 400+ damage per hit with 20%+ crit rate. Fists are definitely looked down upon for pvp for a good reason. No one would be able to properly use fists until 99 and a full set. Not to mention high refines to cover the almost 500 stat point cost of using both axes and fists.

Sutras is another major advantage to playing a bm. In pvp spamming phys sutra > mdef sutra on cooldown is vital for keeping up your chi to stun lock. Your mdef sutra should be at a level where self buffed (pdef + sutra) your pdef and mdef are very similar (if 1 has to be a bit lower than the other it's better to have a little less pdef) with this you can get much better defenses than light armor, plus much more hp.

BM's aren't 1 shot food for wizards at 9x at all. Light armors, archers especially, are completely gimped for resistances.

Some of my points might seem far fetched for pwi bm's but if you wanna chat with any wx from the real wan mei where the average level is 101 I'm sure they could back me up ^,^

tl;dr
    http://zoome.jp/gattun/diary/28 - lurk this site a bit.
  • WillowWisp - Lost City
    WillowWisp - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Your opinion completely contradicts other high level wizards i've asked o_O

Since they're always jabbering about using all the possible apoth pots yet they post videos where they're not even using them - some ''12 second invincible'' and ''anti-stun pots'' are the most used words over there when describing fighting BM's.

And to be perfectly fair in that video they did smack the hell out of the enemy but only by bashing them 2 to 1 - check out a few other videos of theirs and see how painfully long it takes to end a fight in 1v1.

It generally works like this - start , run up , stun , use all the damage amp's you have then try to get into the sweet zone and it's over - notice that if they miss that zone the fight keeps on going untill one of them gets into it.

Not bashing BM's , just trying to discussb:lipcurl
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Your opinion completely contradicts other high level wizards i've asked o_O

Since they're always jabbering about using all the possible apoth pots yet they post videos where they're not even using them - some ''12 second invincible'' and ''anti-stun pots'' are the most used words over there when describing fighting BM's.

And to be perfectly fair in that video they did smack the hell out of the enemy but only by bashing them 2 to 1 - check out a few other videos of theirs and see how painfully long it takes to end a fight in 1v1.

It generally works like this - start , run up , stun , use all the damage amp's you have then try to get into the sweet zone and it's over - notice that if they miss that zone the fight keeps on going untill one of them gets into it.

Not bashing BM's , just trying to discussb:lipcurl

It's pointless to stun and start throwing dragon's around. Smart people would use dragon to tick their heiro and have 10 seconds to kill them. Although keeping them in place and dragoning is a lot of chi to be wasted.

Wizards are obviously good. Triple spark and anti stun a bm will die unless he seals and kites. With full +10 sets fights do take forever, buffs play probably the biggest role in endgame pvp. That's why using the 99 debuff spear is great for battles that won't end.
  • WillowWisp - Lost City
    WillowWisp - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    There are debuff spears and bows - a.k.a BM's and Archers that have the means to make fights end sooner , but is it enough of an advantage to win?
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I stun locked a wizard for 5 minutes straight and then it two hit killed me.

If you had the wiz for 5 min and didn't kill it you are doing something horribly wrong. Maybe you should have read your character description before selecting the class, because it clearly says that you don't excel at any one thing, but are good at a little bit of everything.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • ChronicDose - Harshlands
    ChronicDose - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Blade/Axe/Pole/Fist masters have got to be the most spread out, underpowered and downright spat upon class in PW. They cannot take on enemies same level or even 20 levels below them. It's a joke how little use they are in this game. They lack HP, defense, and attack power. I'm not asking for all three to be risen, but give them SOMETHING to make them worthwhile on the battlefield. Want HP? Go Barb. Want Damage? Go Wizard. Want Defense? Go Veno. Give an archer a sword and he'd be better than most BMs.

And don't come in here saying "stun lock" because the only use a stun lock is for is to procrastinate the eventual fate of them dying. Every other class can win a 1v1 fight against something, but BMs lose against everyone. I'm sick of the class that can shine the brightest get sludged on by the devs into something that has to beg for help for everything.

Skill has nothing to do with this. I stun locked a wizard for 5 minutes straight and then it two hit killed me. I'm a pole with bleed maxed, and it doesn't help that our defensive skills are suicide tradeoffs. Wizards get to raise defense AND regen, while we must decide whether our average phys defense should be above average and sacrifice magic, or make our comical magic defense below average and reduce our phys defense to below average.

The skill tree is also horrendous. 4 different trees with 4 different weapons!!! From an experienced standpoint. Never go any weapon besides axe. Sword is nerfed and its only good attack is it's 59, pole has bleed and range but it's **** poor weak, fist has nothing but a sub-par aoe sweep kick that has a 6 second cool down. Axes have 3 aoe attacks and one of them stun, but it doesn't matter because they are all nerfed. It doesn't help that every class has a skill to make our attacks weaker than they already are. How pathetic is it that you're role in TW is to run around dying while stunning people so the real workers can kill in peace?

Comically poor, I rate BMs a 2/10. The 2 being that they can stun enemies for a while. Everything else is a joke. No damage, no defense, no HP. That's my tirade for tonight. AVOID BM AT ALL COST. They have all their attributes crippled because they are the hybrid class of failure. Archers are hybrids and do it just fine, so why are BMs such a joke?

Now ignore me and nitpick at my grammar, because the fact stands strong that BMs are the weakest class with no positive points. A weak man with skill has nothing against a strong man with equal skill.

Um, I play with a very good in RL friend who plays BM.
    Mid 7x, Axes (X's), full TT gear, sharded pdef, uses magic and phys marrow right, has Balance.
    IMO even OP in some cases with stunlock and Zerk dmg.

Faster Aoe grind with BM then with barb too...so why are you complaining? For PVP they aren't meant to spike, why make an attack BM and get one shotted by Wiz and Full Mag Clerics.

Roll a vit axe bm and use a BM for what it is for, a versitable offtank/stunlock/aoe damage class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grox - Dreamweaver
    Grox - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

QQing,

DanteII.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • roman6
    roman6 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    LOL how can you be complaining a warrior lacking power? wow ehm...im speechless lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Since genies came out warrior hav been able to solo nd kill barbs in pvp. Dragon which amplifies dmg + thunderstorm is fking hard, sum BMs can make 9k to 10k crit dmgs with it and a few days ago a lvl74 BM jus hit me for 7k with that :S But barbs are overpowered with their amazing HP nd barbs can also use thunderstorm and while true form barbs are unbeatable by any classb:victory
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Zinova - Harshlands
    Zinova - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Learn to play your class BM are effing pro in PvP if you know how to use it, axe BM's has like effing 3 stun, a zerk wep starting at 70, like 10% crit rate+, get a str genie your lvl get enough vit for max thunderstorm and the rest in STR, in pvp Charm tick > Lion > Dragon > T/S = GG
  • Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    meh BMs do suck.. so easy to kill with anti stun potsb:bye
  • roman6
    edited August 2009
    Options
    oh is that right faildom? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    mabes you shoulda rolled a barb then.. least they excel in HP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roman6
    edited August 2009
    Options
    lol nah zinova...the way to do it is.....you get the barb to almost a tick.....dragon....make sure he does not tick...with the dragons...then thunderstorm.....bypasses their heiro almost everytime b:chuckle its so much fun...when they think to themselves...um....did i just get downed 1v1 vs a warrior?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]