Flight Mastery

syntheticlife
syntheticlife Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Archer
I have a level 30 archer currently and I have upgraded my flight mastery to level 5, which by description should increase my flight speed by 1 mph, but I'm still flying at 5.2 mph, is this skill bugged or am I missing something?
Post edited by syntheticlife on

Comments

• Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If I am correct I believe flight mastery only works on the lvl 30 free wings you get. If you are using any other wing it won't work.
  • Dinath - Sanctuary
    Dinath - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The speed won't show in your "character stats". I have +3 watchers and it still shows 5.2 in my character stats when I fly..

Flight Mastery only affects Natural Elven Wings (the white ones) so if you have your eagle wings on, flight mastery wont have any effect.

I used to wear my white wings (upgraded my flight mastery to lvl 10) and I flew faster than some Cash shop wings, so the skill does work. ( I carried my eagle wings in my bag to fight air mobs)
  • syntheticlife
    edited August 2009
    Well I recieved my eagle wings from the quest, and I tested them out and I flew in a straight line switching between wings and nothing, they fly at the same speed.
  • Dinath - Sanctuary
    Dinath - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The eagle wings fly at + 0.5 while the white wings fly at + 0.0 (+ what ever you get from fight mastery)
  • Agilaz - Dreamweaver
    Agilaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The 5.2 m/s is your run speed, not your flight speed. Flight speed doesn't show up in your character's stat window.

If the wings seem to be the same speed to you, it could also be that you're lagging. Either because of the connection to the server or your PC's hardware. You go slower if the game is laggy.

You definitely should notice a difference between +0.5 and +1, even if it's not much.
  • syntheticlife
    edited August 2009
    As to the first person, I do not lag, my connection is amazing, not even a hint of lag walking through West Archosaur and to the second person, I can't notice a differance at all.
  • r3moval
    r3moval Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The eagle wings fly at + 0.5 while the white wings fly at + 0.0 (+ what ever you get from fight mastery)
    You said yours where level 5 so they fly at the same speed
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well I recieved my eagle wings from the quest, and I tested them out and I flew in a straight line switching between wings and nothing, they fly at the same speed.

Since your flight mastery is at level 5 that gives you .50m/s flying. The free wings you get at level 30 also has a flying speed of .50 m/s. This is why you do not notice a difference. Because there isn't one at this point. The flight mastery really isn't worth leveling up til you can get the max speed IMO. And by then most people have wings out of the cash shop.
  • Kusider - Heavens Tear
    Kusider - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Some wrong information in here. I wouldn't expect it since it has almost all been said a few times and branches off from the first sticky in this part of the forum.

Level 5 flight mastery is +1.0 flight speed on your natural wings only. That +1.0 is added to your base 5.0m/s flight speed we all have.

You do not see a numerical difference in your movement speed in air on the character page because it is your movement speed on land. It even says that in-game when you highlight it. "Movement speed of your character on land under ordinary conditions."

Why you can't see a difference between a total of +5.5 and +6.0 is anybody's guess, but it is there.
  • Agilaz - Dreamweaver
    Agilaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Flight mastery adds +0.2 m/s per skill lvl. So lvl 5 should indeed be +1.0 m/s.

I'm not sure if you notice a big difference in short distances. But when you fly over the whole map it makes a difference. At least I always feel that my Veno (with that lvl30 +0.5 quest aerogear) is a lot slower than my Archer was at that point.
  • DarkYin - Dreamweaver
    DarkYin - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If you fly with someone that just has their free level 30 aerogear, you notice a difference.

Wings FAQ
This discussion has been closed.