Pure mag cleric and GV

Zelax - Harshlands
Zelax - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Cleric
So I'm a level 65 pure mag cleric (well just about I got 20 vit a while back and just left it ) been going 9mag 1 str pretty much since iv started.

Now I hear once I hit level 71 Ill be wanting to do lots of GV's cause it's really really good exp.

My hp is at 1640 and so far people in my faction are saying there is pretty much no way for a pure mag cleric to do GV.

Now at level 71 with staying pure mag I should have close to 2k hp then you add my full tt70 gear all +2 and +3 so ill have lets say around 2-2.2k hp.

With a barb buff that brings me well over 2.5k( some people say you need like 3.5k ) but does this mean that all clerics have to go vit hybrid to do GV ? cause I really want to stay pure.
please give me your feedback . Thanks.
Post edited by Zelax - Harshlands on

Comments

• Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Pure builds make me lol. Yes, go vit hybrid, but cap it somewhere. I capped at 30, but plan on bringing it up to 50 at some point. you'll still have massive healing/damage, but with better survivability.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Gamma cleric should have 3k hp unbuffed. Whether you dump 100 points into vit or use flawless shards and +5 gear is up to you. Anything below that and you're too much of a liablity. It's doable with less than that if you have a good barb willing to babysit you and watch your hp constantly, but unless you're the barbs best friend, and he insists on taking you along, you can pretty much forget about a random squad taking you, especially with so many clerics out there who actually meet the requirement.
    b:dirty
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I basically agree....except that if you need to +5 your gear and use flawlesses to hit 3k...there is something wrong with you. I was at 3000 HP in my 70s with about 50 VIT, that's with no refines whatsoever on my gear, and with nothing higher than average shards....and half of those were physical defense shards. I would not advise +3'ing all your gear at level 70, it's a waste of money. MAYBE +1 all your gear, but it shouldn't even be needed if you find the right gear. HH70 gear is bad, it has no VIT and no phys defense, you should use mostly 3-star stuff. Look for +VIT and +Phys Defense. 3k is a good number to shoot for anyway since if you plan on doing HH1-3, you will need 4k buffed HP to survive the tentacle boss.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I basically agree....except that if you need to +5 your gear and use flawlesses to hit 3k...there is something wrong with you. I was at 3000 HP in my 70s with about 50 VIT, that's with no refines whatsoever on my gear, and with nothing higher than average shards....and half of those were physical defense shards. I would not advise +3'ing all your gear at level 70, it's a waste of money. MAYBE +1 all your gear, but it shouldn't even be needed if you find the right gear. HH70 gear is bad, it has no VIT and no phys defense, you should use mostly 3-star stuff. Look for +VIT and +Phys Defense. 3k is a good number to shoot for anyway since if you plan on doing HH1-3, you will need 4k buffed HP to survive the tentacle boss.

^^ I agree with this. ^^

I was the same around my 70's, and I stopped stopped at a base vit of 50.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • ButtHurt - Lost City
    ButtHurt - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Gamma cleric should have 3k hp unbuffed. Whether you dump 100 points into vit or use flawless shards and +5 gear is up to you. Anything below that and you're too much of a liablity. It's doable with less than that if you have a good barb willing to babysit you and watch your hp constantly, but unless you're the barbs best friend, and he insists on taking you along, you can pretty much forget about a random squad taking you, especially with so many clerics out there who actually meet the requirement.

made me lol'd
    3k unbuff LOL
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    So I'm a level 65 pure mag cleric (well just about I got 20 vit a while back and just left it ) been going 9mag 1 str pretty much since iv started.

Now I hear once I hit level 71 Ill be wanting to do lots of GV's cause it's really really good exp.

My hp is at 1640 and so far people in my faction are saying there is pretty much no way for a pure mag cleric to do GV.

Now at level 71 with staying pure mag I should have close to 2k hp then you add my full tt70 gear all +2 and +3 so ill have lets say around 2-2.2k hp.

With a barb buff that brings me well over 2.5k( some people say you need like 3.5k ) but does this mean that all clerics have to go vit hybrid to do GV ? cause I really want to stay pure.
    please give me your feedback . Thanks.
    If not for your surrounding words I would not have realized you where talking about RB when you where saying GV...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Haha I agree. +5 was an exaggeration to get my point across. He did say he should be at 2k with tt70, which is a laughable amount of hp imho, but to each his own.
    Capped mine at 100 base personally so never had a problem with gamma or delta for that matter, but yeah 50 is a nice number to cap it. 500 extra hp is nice, and you don't sacrifice too much attack.

And yes butthurt, willfire whoever you are. 3k hp unbuffed is a nice figure for gamma, to be on the safe side. Take it from someone who was in the first 3 squads to ever finish it. Now run along and go troll elsewhere. b:bye
    b:dirty
  • Zelax - Harshlands
    Zelax - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Thanks all of you for your time!

After reading all this and talking to my guild leader and a few others , I think ill get 40-50 vit.

Thanks again.
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    So I'm a level 65 pure mag cleric (well just about I got 20 vit a while back and just left it )

Sorry, but you are still a hybrid. Pure MAG is 3-4 vit, at most. All additions to VIT is hybrid.

I'm building my Full Attack (or Full MAG) cleric -- which has now reached lev 80 -- with VIT at a minimum 4, have got revive to lev 3, ironheart to 10, maxing all my buffs, debuffs and nukes, with MAG at 352. I solo most of my quests (most means: no boss, TT and FB), and act as secondary healer in most parties. Pretty often, I will act as main healer and assist in DD.

Life is good.
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)