Pet Questions/Soloing FB19 As Veno

iceknave
iceknave Posts: 236 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Venomancer
1. I'm thinking of trying to get a Shaodu Cub, but it's a bit on the pricey side for me right now (around 800k to 1.5 million), so I've thought about taming it myself with my level 26 Veno. How do I get the time at which the cub spawns? Do I just ask in chat and hope someone tells me when it was last spawned/caught/killed or is there some time at which it usually spawns? I rather not waste a couple days just sitting there doing nothing, hoping it spawns some time soon. What's the difference between white text (I'm guessing local chat), yellow text (regional/zone chat?), and orange text (world chat?)?

2. What is a good level to completely solo F19 for drops on a full mag veno with just a C. mag as a tanker/lurer using a Trial Pataka sharded with common sapphires (+24 matk total, planning on using it until the mid 30's or all the way up to 40) or is it never really worth soloing for drops/too difficult to do until the drop rate on items is like nothing? I can use the lure technique pretty well now to the point where my C. mag usually gets hit maybe once if my timing is off by a little bit, but a good portion of the time, he doesn't even get hit.

I've looked at the explanation for how drops work in the database, but the last time I ran F19 in a squad, the boss dropped a ton of stuff, even though my squad mates were between the upper 60's and mid 70's.

3. What do venos do about pets that can only be used in the water? Do they just tame a low level water pet and level it up whenever they can or do they just tame whatever they need when they need it?

4. According to the guides, Blazing Scarab isn't really worth using because a veno kills pretty fast and as such, the full damage of Blazing Scarab doesn't get completed before the monster is dead. Is it useful fighting against elites that don't die in 2 to 4 hits?
Ie, instead of Ironwood --> Venomous --> Heal Pet (repeat as needed until monster is dead), Ironwood --> Blazing --> Venomous --> Heal Pet (repeat as needed until elite is dead).

Thanks for answering my questions.
Induction ID (Doomsbog): 3080068X031808024008351Z3f4d22
Post edited by iceknave on

Comments

• divin3angel
    divin3angel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    1: I dont know the spawn time, u can ask people on your server. Search forums might help. Shaodu cub spawns every 12 hrs. The white text is just normal chat, yellow is world chat ( tele required), orange is trade chat.

2:Doing Fb 19 for drops aint worth it, but u might get lucky. it can be done at 25-30 pre-patch 166, this cuz they made the TT bosses stronger so probably Fb's too.

3: Me i tame water pets when i need them. Or when i can 4 hit or less i dont even tame a water pet.

4:Leave it at lvl 1, only lvl when u have enough spare money/spirit. The skill is only useful for gaining chi, does only small dmg.

I'd say stay with C-mag till u can afford Herc. My lvl 54 Herc ownd a shaodu cub lvl 63.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Blazing delivers quite a bit of damage, but it does so over a 30 second period. which makes it look rather meh. It is more suitable for (mini) bosses, which take longer to kill and require more of your time to heal your pet.