Gold Prices good for us or bad for us?

Pressa - Heavens Tear
Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Etherblade (West)
b:chuckle K so we all know HT rocks compared to the other servers I don't think anyone doubts that. But we have always had the cheapest gold prices out of all the servers more newb friendly one might say. Low gold prices induce more players to stay cause they can buy gold off a npc and everyone is happy. But recently gold has been making leaps and bounds upwards and with it going up its taking literally everything else with it. Newbs come in and see gold at prices like they are now they defiantly aren't going to buy them. Boom half the market right there new people gone. Alright so no more fbs gotcha I know you all have seen it a slow decrease in the amount of FBs to do. Used to be there would be 20-30 fbs per person each day easily. Not even joking with this one you could say fb and 10 people would pop in a town and go I need it done. Now your lucky to get 10 a day for a bunch of people. (alright covered fb shortage)

Now back to the topic do you guys really think gold prices this high are good for HT or do you think people should work on reducing them?

I am open for suggestions I know I personally wouldn't mind if they were reduced its rather annoying paying 500k for a bloody charm. But maybe some people have a point for being against it going down.

*puts on flame retardant suit* Go for it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Pressa - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My best reason for voting no is,its ****ed up.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You know, when you played another version where the gold hit 500k+, you find 175k pretty cheap.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    MOAR TROLL o.O

why on earth did u add an option like that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yunahh - Heavens Tear
    Yunahh - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    They're trying to squeeze as much money out of people before the move to A I O N. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I be on my Seeker now.
    ign; Amairah
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    They're trying to squeeze as much money out of people before the move to A I O N. b:victory

This is what I concluded.

They even went so far as the censor the world LOL.

And to make disrespectful lies about it being an attempt to fix the economy ohoho...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • lazyness
    lazyness Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009

pretty much...

u know it's bad when the GMs have to go into damage control mode... trying to fix the economy by massively inflating gold prices... logic?!
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    b:kiss why add the moar troll? I was lazy and didn't want to remove a poll option and couldn't think of anymore word for the poll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torm - Heavens Tear
    Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    it was bound to happen eventually. the gm's just made it happen faster then normal with all the " good" sales happening for like 6 weeks in a row back awhile ago. However economy is economy even in a game as time goes on things get more expensive. Welcome to the ways of the world. Most people should be able to cope if they had any since of planning. Yes it does make it alittle harder on new players however then never saw the old 100k gold prices so its not a big factor to them. Also since gold prices give market value to most items then a new player charging gold still comes out the same no matter the gold prices. Thats all gm's really care about anyway.

Gm's could bring prices down alittle bit though, I mean come on ords, charms, and jolly event the same week. Really, really IDK what else to say.

BTW from a business stand point that was even a bad move. People only have X amount of money to spend at one time. Hence if you would have spread the events out over say 6 weeks one good event every other week you would have made more money. Gold wouldnt be as high and there would be more gold for sale. But what do I know I only do sales for a living :P
  • ahhao
    ahhao Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009

ban hammer's coming....
  • Crystabella - Heavens Tear
    Crystabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well I wasnt making the move to the game "that shall not be named" but after this update I have changed my mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    b:pleased I see noone has voted yes its good for us yah I know thats the economy but isn't there anything we can do to make it go down?
    -_- yes GMs are only on about money I cannot complain much this week as they did fix most of the bugs. And as for other versions having higher gold prices I don't care they do what they need but we need to take care of our server I think. Keep our prices nice and low. I don't particularly mind 130k but 180k is a bit much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Detharos - Heavens Tear
    Detharos - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Gold going from 130k to 180k within a week is fail, nuff said. Normalization? 130k gold was the norm for heavens tear, applying the logic of "Well, other servers have 200k gold so heavens tear should be the same!!" is pretty r-tarded on the PWI staff's part.

If heavens tear gold prices are significantly lower than other servers that have been open the same amount of time, that doesn't mean our servers economy is screwed up, it means the values held by the majority of the individuals on this server are different from that of other servers, therefore making the economy of our server perfectly normal. We, that is, the players have simply dictated the direction it took on this server differently from those participants of other servers. The economy here, in the form of in-game coin to gold conversion rates IS perfectly normal and doesn't need fixing. If anything outside interference attempting to tweak with whats natural on our server is ABNORMAL.

But w/e, I'm pretty sure people that have 50-100m in their pocket or players that make all their in-game coins via. selling gold they obtain through real life money to bypass the pain in the **** that is grinding for coins will simply cut this off as QQing. Even if posts and threads like this are made, the potential negative effects of game staff interfering with server economy are simply going to be ignored because people are idiots and don't like to think. The fact that many high level people are quitting, because of this all being turned from a game where people have fun to more of a life-sucking money stealing leech is just gonna fly over the heads of the game staff, and in their carelessness they'll simply boost the amount of people leaving to the game that's name shall not be mentioned when it fully arrives, and ultimately support the growth of another game from another company. GG morons lol
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well I wasnt making the move to the game "that shall not be named" but after this update I have changed my mind.

NOOO don't follow Lord Voldemort!...wait that's not what you meant, huh?

We should call that unspeakable game Lord Voldemort. You-Know-What instead of You-Know-Who.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    When Lord Voldermort comes in September, you can have all of Enrage's lands for free.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear
    XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    But w/e, I'm pretty sure people that have 50-100m in their pocket or players that make all their in-game coins via. selling gold they obtain through real life money to bypass the pain in the **** that is grinding for coins will simply cut this off as QQing.

not really everyone who have that sells gold :P through hardwork u can get it too. just not as fast b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lazyness
    lazyness Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I cannot complain much this week as they did fix most of the bugs.

most of the bugs?! has memory leak been fixed? has cube room 1 pk been fixed?
    ... and introduced new bugs (namely the drag back when jumping/walking downhill, getting on and off flying mounts) which are really annoying
  • Yunahh - Heavens Tear
    Yunahh - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lazyness wrote: »
    ... And Introduced New Bugs (namely The Drag Back When Jumping/walking Downhill,

Rubberbanding For The Win! :d
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I be on my Seeker now.
    ign; Amairah
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    b:surrender I didn't know about the running bug at the time of the posting so please don't hold that one against me. Cube is a messy issue and memory leak I have never had so I cannot comment. Most of the bugs on peoples minds I should say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Rubberbanding For The Win! :d

Let's do some TW Rubberbanding! Entire squads getting separated. Will be interesting.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Semajoey - Heavens Tear
    Semajoey - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    HKSSfund, take a look at it, bloody idiot didnt spend a single cent on game and is still richer than Caesarfund.
  • XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear
    XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    HKSSfund, take a look at it, bloody idiot didnt spend a single cent on game and is still richer than Caesarfund.

rumours.. rumours! how can i be richer than caesarfund? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    you want to spend alot of money on this game?
    yes it's a good thing

you like to play this game with spending a low amount of money?
    nooooo it's uberbad
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kymkat - Heavens Tear
    Kymkat - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think with our own American (and many others) economy hitting the fan and jobs being lost still it is not a good thing to have such high in game gold prices. It will be harder and harder for new gamers to really want or stay in this game and long timers are not only getting bored but can't always afford their charms or exp. scrolls they love to lvl with. So soon I see things thinning out long term gamer wise.

The only way to change it is for sellers of gold to bring down their prices, but that will not happen unless their gold will not sell til they bring it down.

I have not bought any in game gold for quiet some time now because of the increasing trend. I rather grind and keep my lower gears than to feed into the greed.

It is not a good thing.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Bellrose for the great sig!!!
  • Blazer - Heavens Tear
    Blazer - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have only one thing to ask: why is there no one selling dragon orbs?!b:cry
    Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat b:victory
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have only one thing to ask: why is there no one selling dragon orbs?!b:cry

Its the same with charms, hardly anyone is selling those either. My husband asked me the same question this morning.. why have the sale of boutique items plummeted in the past week? here is my answer:

If you can get 200k for 1 gold. But you can only sell a 1 gold item for 130k which would you rather do?

He got the picture, and now so will you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brylla - Heavens Tear
    Brylla - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I remember someone posting a comment on world chat a couple days ago that would be a great idea if there was some rich person willing to buy a ton of gold (like 500) and sell it for 100k... That way everyone would buy that gold and anyone with the 180k prices wouldn't be able to sell their gold and would eventually lower their prices, right? I don't know much about the in-game economy or anything but I thought that comment on WC made sense. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I remember someone posting a comment on world chat a couple days ago that would be a great idea if there was some rich person willing to buy a ton of gold (like 500) and sell it for 100k... That way everyone would buy that gold and anyone with the 180k prices wouldn't be able to sell their gold and would eventually lower their prices, right? I don't know much about the in-game economy or anything but I thought that comment on WC made sense. b:victory

Not true. Gold buyers buy it cheap, then re-sell at a much higher rate, therefore making a massive profit. In this instance, it would be almost double the profit. I dont play on Heavens Tear, but I know on Sanctuary, about 85% of the high level players on there make their living on buying gold and reselling. Its an easy market to easily take advantage of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Brylla - Heavens Tear
    Brylla - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Not true. Gold buyers buy it cheap, then re-sell at a much higher rate, therefore making a massive profit. In this instance, it would be almost double the profit. I dont play on Heavens Tear, but I know on Sanctuary, about 85% of the high level players on there make their living on buying gold and reselling. Its an easy market to easily take advantage of.
    Too bad that's what's ruining the economy in the first place. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2009

That won't really make much of a difference, IMHO:
    * Buy up 5 gold at that price
    * Spend that gold buying Perfect Hammers from boutique, 5 gold each
    * Use Perfect Hammer to open Cube Chest --> Instant 1 million coin
    * Use that 1 million to buy 10 gold (ok, 9 gold, to account for transaction fees)
    * Rinse, repeat till 500 gold are bought up.

I would be surprised if the 500 gold put up by the hypothetical altruist would last more than 10 minutes.

***** WARNING: WALL OF TEXT *****
    PLEASE STOP READING IF YOUR HEAD HURTS!

Let's face it, the game owners have decided that gold exchange rate needs to have a floor in the 200k vicinity, hence the Cube Chest / Perfect Hammer implementation. Mind, that is a system-implemented baseline figure, there is no circuit-breaker to prevent exchange rates from spiralling UP from there, so 500k a gold would not be unrealistic to expect, in a few months.

In the short term, this brings in more zen charging / cash players, who would look at it as a good deal, lots more pixel money per real dollar they spent. Consequently, said zen chargers would obtain for themselves the best of gear, since pretty much any TT mat or mold is available if you have the coin to spend (and regular farmed mats are in the boutique), so the Mysterious Merchant would do good business for a bit, until all players hoarding Mysterious Chip run out of stock.

That would bring in a slow-down... or not: Obviously, the next step would be an event that gives out Mysterious Chip boxes in large volumes, like last Christmas. More chips, a widening economic chasm between cash spenders and the rest of the players, and a potential rapid exodus by at least three classes of players:

* Those who can not or will not spend real money
    * High levels feeling miffed at "lowbies" catching up just by oracle use and gear purchase
    * "Casual" players, the long term sustenance of MMO economies, who would not be able to afford much of anything.

This is a meltdown spiral, it has been studied to death by economists, and especially by game economists. Typically such a meltdown being induced indicates a "slash and burn" strategy, i.e. the game owners will milk the game for whatever funds influx it will bear, then abandon it (and thus save further investment in it) because they are confident of revenue results from a second game they have launched.

Please draw your own conclusions about whether Perfect World the company fits this pattern.
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ***** WARNING: WALL OF TEXT *****
    PLEASE STOP READING IF YOUR HEAD HURTS!

I think that hurt my head more than your wall of text

EDIT: 100th post!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric