Flying Glitch

Caledfwlch - Harshlands
Caledfwlch - Harshlands Posts: 176 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Support Desk
I have a video of my chracter glitching out while flying. I hit invisable walls all the time.

The video is about 350mb, if you know how I can upload it, I would be happy to send it to you.

This bug happens at any time, when i'm flying somewhere to pvping another player which has almost had me killed quite a few times.
Post edited by Caledfwlch - Harshlands on

Comments

• exileddw
    exileddw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    flying and using mounts are both glitched.. its pretty annoying. b:sad
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I keep get pulled down 5-7 times when I'm holding the [space bar] when I first get on flymount.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Check your network connections.

We have all of the released flying and ground mounts and can not reproduce your issues.

Try lowering the graphic settings in-game to their lowest and effects unchecked (turned off).

For networking help and antivirus help, see my links in my signature.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I keep get pulled down 5-7 times when I'm holding the [space bar] when I first get on flymount.

^this, many people are having this same exact issue since the last patch. It is not a connection issue.

To Darthpanda: To recreate this bug start at a standing position and press the spacebar once or twice and hit fly. *many people jump twice then fly to get a head start on a vertical base* But after the patch if you do this you get stuck if you try to go str8 up. (its gotten me killed a few times) Very annoying.
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2009
    Which mounts are you using?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Which mounts are you using?

I'm using watcher of the skies.
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2009
    Ok, I can not reproduce your issue.

Try setting ALL of your graphic settings to their lowest and turn the effects off.

Make sure that your PC meets the system requirements, see my link in my signature.

Also try rebooting your PC, and power cycling your networking hardware and leave them off unplugged for a few minutes, then turn everything back on. Review the networking info in my links below.

Let us know specifically what you have tried, error messages you got, etc.

All else fails...

You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    sigh, nvm..

Ive never had this issue, nor has anyone else until the recent patch. This isnt a connection / hardware issue.
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2009
    You can't magically "know" what it is, that mount has a lot of effects tied to it, which your hardware or drivers may not like.

So work with us to try and help you.

What did you try?
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    I havent tried anything because ive had the wings for months, then "magically" after the patch me and fellow guild mates have had an issue where we cannot fly straight up after jumping without getting stuck.
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2009
    Your hardware could be overheating or wearing out, drivers could be corrupt, network or ISP could be messing with things. There are a ton of possibilities.

I'm not saying it isn't a real issue for you, we just can't repro it here.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Your hardware could be overheating or wearing out, drivers could be corrupt, network or ISP could be messing with things. There are a ton of possibilities.

I'm not saying it isn't a real issue for you, we just can't repro it here.

I'll try to get some people to post when I get home, I'm currently at work. But please try to understand that it is not just me experiencing the problem. There is many of us having this issue since the latest patch. And the coincidence that all of our hardware are going down the toilet at the same time/ all of our ISP's having issues that same day of the patch (with different ISP's mind you) are very unlikely.
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2009
    You can also send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, to see what could be the issue.

b:pleased
  • CivicSouL - Heavens Tear
    CivicSouL - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I can vouch for the bouncing during take off problem happens to me too.

It seems like u guys made the animation when jumping on flying mounts faster or something? i might b wrong. But during wq (when standing on npcs specifcally) and sometimes on hills. U try to take off and ur character just ends up kinda bobbling up and down as if stuck (by taking off i mean jumping on mount then holding down spacebar). Just wat i've experienced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Joined PWI November 2008 :)
    Sin lvl 101 June 2011 (New Main after CC fix)
    Bm June 2009
    Cleric lvl 70 July 2009: DaExSaken

Retired from PWI August 2011
  • Dizzy - Lost City
    Dizzy - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Just sit in on an afternoon or nightly snake island race if you want to see this problem reproduced. Pro racers hitting the water continuously. It is taking the fun out of the race when you can't even jump over the water without getting stuck in an air bobbing motion that forces you straight down. I also experienced this flying glitch when trying to use my speed burst genie while making a quick take off.

Another related glitch is sometimes when landing I become unable to activate any skills until clicking onto someone else and then moving/jumping my character. These problems have all emerged within the last week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every time someone replies on an alt to someone, you know they scared.

Faction History in Order:
    RageQuit, Hate, Darknes, RedHawk, NoAngels, FightClub, Harvester, Peerless, FinalOath, Koi, ThaClick.
  • imogeneko
    imogeneko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I can also claim this happening to me, I use the crimson bird and never has this happened to me before the new patch, after it during WQ it happens numerous times and has also caused me death when taking on too many mobs for my own good when trying to flee away by flying up which pulls down to the ground in the glitch while mobs gang up end it.
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have also seen this issue, starting with last week's patch. And I have reasonably decent ping -- typically 15ms to harshlands.

I sometimes will stay stuck in a loop, flying a fraction of a second, teleporting, and then flying again, for nearly a minute before I hit fly again which ends the issue. In one case, when I hit fly, I did not stop flying but did stop teleporting backwards so I suspect the game might have two different elements dealing with flying and they might have problems staying in syn.

But I also experience similar problems jumping or even running on shallow slopes. This can be very annoying when I teleport backwards into monsters which then attack me.

I also experience strange new behavior when I stop flying -- sometimes I keep my forward velocity, and sometimes I do not.

I can and will open a ticket (but this started with last week's patch and I had thought that everyone was experiencing the same problem and that I did not need to report my own problems -- sorry about not reporting this earlier).
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2009
    It could be the way your ISP is sending traffic for the game servers. Even if you have a fast connection, that doesn't mean the traffic is being routed in a way that makes sense to us from your PC to our game servers and back.

Contact your ISP and see if they throttle MMO and/or torrent traffic, because some ISPs have been known to do this.

How are you all connected to the internet?

Wireless? University? Military? Who is your ISP? What region of the world are you located in?
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkQae8hZ6XU

Not the best example, but still one. Sometimes I only lower a couple feet, sometimes I start off completely on the ground.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I do not think this is my ISP because my problems started happening right after the last patch, and my problems seem to be triggered by terrain.

But I will fill out a ticket, later this evening.
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the vid. We tried with multiple mounts and wings and could not reproduce this bug.

Send us your dxdiags and hijackthis logs when you send in your tickets. Links about the logs in my signature.
  • Yoyomeng - Lost City
    Yoyomeng - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Might I add that it doesn't just happen with flying mounts; it will also occasionally happen when jumping on foot or with ground mounts. It happened before, but very rarely. Since the last patch on July 29th, it now happens way too often.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Not the best example, but still one. Sometimes I only lower a couple feet, sometimes I start off completely on the ground.

This is exactly the same glitch I have and I am using the Redback Manta. It isn't the connection or hardware it is the patch.

It seems to happen to me most often during WQ when I autopath and drop to the next NPC, then try to take off. About half the NPCs give me the glitch. The only solution is to move away from the NPC first then take off.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009

I jump up like that all the time ever since I started playing.I see a lot of others take off from the ground though some said it is just an internet issue.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Michellereis - Heavens Tear
    Michellereis - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    every1 are having the same problem me too i set everything to the lowest n check my isp provider said nothing wrong still the glitching contiunes over n over again since 29th july patch,u admin dont tell us that is isp problem setting problem i try update every possible require to run the game no latest patch anymore still the same glitching nvr stop so u admin joyly well fix the problem then saying isp problem dxdiag problem anymore, always problem solve so damn slow then ur money making boutique come out faster
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2009
    Did you guys submit tickets yet? Did you get our feedback on your PCs yet?

Please be patient and wait for our replies. b:victory

Contact your ISP and ask if they are blocking MMO or game traffic. Some ISPs throttle or block some types of traffic at certain times of day.

Try just getting on your mount in a non- geometry heavy area.

Lower all of your settings, power cycle your PC and networking gear.
  • Valors_Wrath - Dreamweaver
    Valors_Wrath - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    every1 are having the same problem me too i set everything to the lowest n check my isp provider said nothing wrong ........always problem solve so damn slow then ur money making boutique come out faster

There's no reason to be rude about it, they are trying to resolve the problem...

Anyway I've experienced this sort of problem on characters. As far as network settings go, what type of port is 29000? UDP or TCP? Perhaps both? Thanks in advance.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    With all due respect. Darthpanda16, this is not a PC or internet issue.

It happens on any PC I use and I have a few. It hasn't been enough of a bother for me to submit a ticket and besides I haven't had great experiences from ticket submissions in the past.

Like I said I just move away from the NPC before taking off and it is fine. But there is definitely something similar to an invisible block just above certain NPCs. Just do the WQ a few times and use the autopath link to drop right onto the head of each NPC. Then try and take off straight up using space bar. The bug is repeatable.
  • Krisztinafox - Heavens Tear
    Krisztinafox - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I noticed that "glitch" while doing WQ, after using the auto path that lands right on the npc(selecting the green name in quests), normally I talk with him and fly again, but now have to move away from the npc so it doesnt make the replay over and over.

the same has viper girl's post.
  • helliussa
    helliussa Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Something that I have also noticed is not actually an "issue" but it’s something that has changed. The sprites (I think it’s called sprites) on the Rashnu fly sword has changed. Well, the two streamer things reset every second or 2. Where it was usually continuous btw….so yea….that’s definitely something that has changed.
This discussion has been closed.