PW becoming Stale/Expensive

insight
insight Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Chronicles
It may just be me, but I feel that PW is loosing its luster, granted its a relatively old game, however I've noticed that there is not much content as you get higher lvl, sure there is Warsong City and the Bounty Hunter addition, but thats not much considering how long PW has been out, mainly all i see are mounts and some fashion releases even tho there's dozens' of fashion most of the time its the oldest outfits released, what about a map extension or is there not such content? All that's left is pk which costs money both ingame and real such as CS' users are needed to provide CS items, or gold for ppl to buy, and striving to have the most godly gear. I mean, what would u ppl do without Hieros, almost every1 depends on them.

Well watever, ppl flame, make derogatory comments if u want idc mods can just take care of it if needed, as this will be my only Post ever on these forums.b:bye
Post edited by insight on

Comments

• BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ok in all reality for gaming most people play something til they are bored. Then they move onto the next best thing. Problem is they get bored of it too.. the cycle just keeps going.

There is such a thing as good games, and bad games. Although this one is not perfect it is far from a BAD game. Forget your money, invest your time in it for the sake of just enjoying yourself. Everyone is in such a hurry to get to the end.. there is nothing there after that. JUST ENJOY THE GAME. If you've not reached lvl 105 you really need no new content. You've not done all there is to do.

If you are bored with your current character, roll another. I've got a BM, Wiz, Veno, Cleric, and an Archer. None of them and all of them fit my personality. :) I'm having fun with it and loving it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    we were all trying to ignore a new whiner thread.
    edited August 2009
    Ah come on! As long as you've known me have I EVER ignored a thread like this!!!????!!!!! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hizaki - Dreamweaver
    Hizaki - Dreamweaver Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Im new and i still luv playing the game :3 even when all I do for the few hoursi play is farm spirit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hizaki - 89 Wizard
    Gansuringa - 25 Assassin
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ah come on! As long as you've known me have I EVER ignored a thread like this!!!????!!!!! ;)
    never? idk
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yea dude new mounts and fashion.

Seriously just ignore the two expansions we've had, as well as the most recent content update. (which nerfed my genie's skillsb:angry)

And besides you make it sound like the game has been around longer than the internet.

It's not even been 11 months.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There are several new additions in the pipeline currently. Several are changes to existing systems and content. Others are game altering and exactly what people have been asking for.

Can't really say much more than that folks. Hang in there ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Huddle - Sanctuary
    Huddle - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    There are several new additions in the pipeline currently. Several are changes to existing systems and content. Others are game altering and exactly what people have been asking for.

b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited August 2009

God Xarfox, its past midnight! Do you sleep?! You gotta be at work soon man! Go to bed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    insight wrote: »
    It may just be me, but I feel that PW is loosing its luster, granted its a relatively old game, however I've noticed that there is not much content as you get higher lvl, sure there is Warsong City and the Bounty Hunter addition, but thats not much considering how long PW has been out, mainly all i see are mounts and some fashion releases even tho there's dozens' of fashion most of the time its the oldest outfits released, what about a map extension or is there not such content? All that's left is pk which costs money both ingame and real such as CS' users are needed to provide CS items, or gold for ppl to buy, and striving to have the most godly gear. I mean, what would u ppl do without Hieros, almost every1 depends on them.

Well watever, ppl flame, make derogatory comments if u want idc mods can just take care of it if needed, as this will be my only Post ever on these forums.b:bye

PW is an old game but this is a new version must remember that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Also, we aren't getting lots of old stuff. All the quests that involve the past are totally new, the genies are totally new. They came to all of the versions close to the same timeframe.

Was autopathing in any version of PW until recently? Nope.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Our Version is not that old. Hasn't been around a year yet. Do we even have everything the other versions have yet??
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • GodlyTank - Dreamweaver
    GodlyTank - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Our Version is not that old. Hasn't been around a year yet. Do we even have everything the other versions have yet??

If im not mistaken werent the Level limit higher in the older versions than the 105 limit as of right now?
    b:sweat
  • Baraya - Dreamweaver
    Baraya - Dreamweaver Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yea dude new mounts and fashion.

Seriously just ignore the two expansions we've had, as well as the most recent content update. (which nerfed my genie's skillsb:angry)

And besides you make it sound like the game has been around longer than the internet.

It's not even been 11 months.

Actually, the game itself has existed for years... seriously. PWE is just a host. There is no reason other than laziness and greed for this version to not have all the cool stuff that other versions have. Yes, they've thrown us some nice bones, but is that enough?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As with any game, after a time of intense or frequent playing it can begin to get boring or tedious. I play several games and love them all. I rotate those games as I become bored with them. PWI just went through such a rotation and now i'm back for a while again.

When things get boring, go do other things until your interest peaks again.

~S
    edited August 2009
    Actually, the game itself has existed for years... seriously. PWE is just a host. There is no reason other than laziness and greed for this version to not have all the cool stuff that other versions have. Yes, they've thrown us some nice bones, but is that enough?

Might I remind you its free to play? So yes, whatever they are throwing is better than having to pay 19.99 a month. Even though they are sometimes glitched bones, they are better than paying for them.

It isn't laziness. Greed perhaps but not laziness. Imagine if it were your business. Wouldn't it make sense to toss a panther and a polar bear mount into a shop, charge 10.00 and then wait on it. A month or 2 later toss in a cool looking dragon like thing and an elephant, charge 20.00 and then wait on it. By far it is not laziness. Its GREAT business sense. They've made tons more money by releasing slowly than doing it all at one time. IMO they are releasing stuff too fast, this version of the game isn't even a year old. They are doing an awesome job in this area.

Summary, not lazy; good biz sense. Greed? Maybe some... but if it were your business you'd wanna get the most out of it as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mantas - Sanctuary
    Mantas - Sanctuary Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If im not mistaken werent the Level limit higher in the older versions than the 105 limit as of right now?

i dont see a point if let's say now lvl limit will be changed to 130 or something. Now to reach lvl100 u need so much exp and u cant do CS, WQ. So i u want reach lvl130 then? grind all the way?

Would be nice if devs implement more quests which would give u not 5% but 50%-60%...
    b:laughb:chuckleb:pleasedb:cuteb:victoryb:thanks
    No, i just LOVE these smiles
    and...
    yes, my english sucks but if u able to answer to my post than u understood what i wanted to say b:victory
    edited August 2009
    i dont see a point if let's say now lvl limit will be changed to 130 or something. Now to reach lvl100 u need so much exp and u cant do CS, WQ. So i u want reach lvl130 then? grind all the way?

Would be nice if devs implement more quests which would give u not 5% but 50%-60%...

This is something NUMEROUS amounts of people are upset about. However; with all the expansion talk Xar keeps on about.. I think in the near future they are going to fix it to where the higher levels isn't all about grinding. Sure... 30-40 percent isn't bad to have to grind, but 85-90 at millions of exp is. I expect them to implement something soon to curve that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There are several new additions in the pipeline currently. Several are changes to existing systems and content. Others are game altering and exactly the opposite what people have been asking for.

Couldn't help myselfb:shocked
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    insight wrote: »

...What do you expect. This is a FREE TO PLAY GAME. Of course they're going to have sales and new items in CS to keep people interested, addicted and overall, keep playing the game.

Wasn't one of the patches from a few months ago a map expansion?

What the hell is wrong with grinding?

I swear people are beyond lazy when it comes to this game. It's so extremely easy to get to 100, all it takes is time. Just a few hours a day of "grinding" also can make you alot of money, not just exp and occupying time. It's sure better than wasting time standing around in ADC west looking for PK.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Actually the game has gotten cheaper. They've reduced incentive to go out and work for things by tampering with the values of use to be rare items. Instead of earning stuff, you can just wait for handouts as you level up by doing World Quest daily. Meanwhile the people that recommend doing WQ also complain about how boring it is. We need another boring daily that consumes a lot of time in trade for xp. More devaluing of equipments too please. b:thanks
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • The_Magician - Dreamweaver
    The_Magician - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Might I remind you its free to play? So yes, whatever they are throwing is better than having to pay 19.99 a month. Even though they are sometimes glitched bones, they are better than paying for them.

It isn't laziness. Greed perhaps but not laziness. Imagine if it were your business. Wouldn't it make sense to toss a panther and a polar bear mount into a shop, charge 10.00 and then wait on it. A month or 2 later toss in a cool looking dragon like thing and an elephant, charge 20.00 and then wait on it. By far it is not laziness. Its GREAT business sense. They've made tons more money by releasing slowly than doing it all at one time. IMO they are releasing stuff too fast, this version of the game isn't even a year old. They are doing an awesome job in this area.

Summary, not lazy; good biz sense. Greed? Maybe some... but if it were your business you'd wanna get the most out of it as well.

I totally agree. They have to make it fair on both ends. 'Why dont they just release everything right away?' Then everyone just buys the good stuff, and the lesser things they put in 'twas for naught. (Oh snap, i pulled out Ye Olde Language)
    I swear people are beyond lazy when it comes to this game. It's so extremely easy to get to 100, all it takes is time. Just a few hours a day of "grinding" also can make you alot of money, not just exp and occupying time. It's sure better than wasting time standing around in ADC west looking for PK.

Psh, that coming from the one who's level One hundre-wait....
    I....really have absolutely no idea what im doing. Just givin' you the heads up.

Proud Marshal of Pointless of Dreamweaver.

Serving a heapin' helpin' of Reality, hot.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    this thread has already been done, and you're posting from a troll account. locked
This discussion has been closed.