Do you think the top 50 rpk should be increased to top100?

Options
Paigrande - Harshlands
Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
I was checking on ethersaga online forums and I noticed that they have a massive top pvp and lvls ranking range, so what do you guys think...post your opinions.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Post edited by Paigrande - Harshlands on

Comments

• EyebalI - Harshlands
    EyebalI - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Naaah the top 50 PK should get removed. too many re tards like xheart try to get on top of the list by PKing lowbies nonstop.
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I've chosen the second option cuz would be really cool to see at least a list of the 140 highest lvls on the server and that could also be used to see what are the chances of a attacking the top guild or sumthing like that... its always nice to know how many people are in front of you in levels or knowing if we have at least 140 who are lvl89+b:victory
    (\__/)
  • LiKuiDgHoSt - Harshlands
    LiKuiDgHoSt - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I honestly think they should make a place where everyone can go and see how many kills they have

I mean personally im never going to be on the top 50, but i would love to just see where im at, 100, 200, maybe 300 kills?? im sure im not the only one who is curious
  • EyebalI - Harshlands
    EyebalI - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yep i want to be able to check my kill count too.. should hit the top 50 almost b:chuckle
  • ChronicDose - Harshlands
    ChronicDose - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Just throwing this idea out there.

It may be to extreme to display everyone's pk score, but at least have some sort of search feature to examine your own personal score.
    Also if stats could be included, like % of lower level players killed.
    Just a simple graph discerning the percentage of players killed that were in
    5 Levels, 10 levels, 20 levels, 30 levels and 40 levels below the level of Player.

If a pker gets 5000 kills where 90% of these are 30-40 levels lower, I don't think this player merits to be a "top Pker" when more skilled players who aren't @sshole's have only a few thousand @sshole's ears under their belts XD. Not saying I don't love PVP and RPK, because I do, I just think its lame to see some dark red name fly into an oracle zone and aoe a load of unsuspecting lvl 30-50s and get 10 more kills on the PVP ranking, because that took soooo much skill.(sarcasm)

If you made killing Players near your level 5-10 levels, more valuable, and making players the further away from you less valuable.
    Perhaps using some sort of point system. I think that level 80s would stop pking as many level 30's as they would be of no value to increase standings on PVP chart.

Basically if you killed a higher level you would be awarded a point multiplier, around your level would give you a set amount of points, which would reduce in points every 5-10 levels and after 30-40 levels below the points recieved from a pk becomes null.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AphrodisiA - Harshlands
    AphrodisiA - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Just throwing this idea out there.

It may be to extreme to display everyone's pk score, but at least have some sort of search feature to examine your own personal score.
    Also if stats could be included, like % of lower level players killed.
    Just a simple graph discerning the percentage of players killed that were in
    5 Levels, 10 levels, 20 levels, 30 levels and 40 levels below the level of Player.

If a pker gets 5000 kills where 90% of these are 30-40 levels lower, I don't think this player merits to be a "top Pker" when more skilled players who aren't @sshole's have only a few thousand @sshole's ears under their belts XD. Not saying I don't love PVP and RPK, because I do, I just think its lame to see some dark red name fly into an oracle zone and aoe a load of unsuspecting lvl 30-50s and get 10 more kills on the PVP ranking, because that took soooo much skill.(sarcasm)

If you made killing Players near your level 5-10 levels, more valuable, and making players the further away from you less valuable.
    Perhaps using some sort of point system. I think that level 80s would stop pking as many level 30's as they would be of no value to increase standings on PVP chart.

Basically if you killed a higher level you would be awarded a point multiplier, around your level would give you a set amount of points, which would reduce in points every 5-10 levels and after 30-40 levels below the points recieved from a pk becomes null.

+1 b:laugh
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It was either WoW or GW, I don't remember, it's been a while, but there was a counter of your kills in your Character Menu. Why don't they just put that right next to your rep, it wouldn't exactly be difficult to implement.
  • Hayato - Harshlands
    Hayato - Harshlands Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    As a pacifist i must promote peace, Buddha: Peace.
  • UShoot_iLoot - Harshlands
    UShoot_iLoot - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I agree with TryAgain, a counter on your C screen would be decent.

But the top 50 pk list is a joke, full of people that just kill 3x in SP for the count; for example: xFeRx, Mugata, ascii, Timmagicstr all of which would get dominated against players their own level.

The pk count should only list kills on people which are within 10, maybe 15 levels of you.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Oh Haib:bye
    2nd page
    Quit.
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Good keep posting your opinions guysb:victory
    (\__/)
  • Ixta - Harshlands
    Ixta - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    They should rename it to:

"I got no ballz"

and come see me if you don't like it
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Plain killcount is simplistic and it directly promotes fast and easy pking. A more sofisticated rating system, like elo or other systems used to rate performance in sports.
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    u wanna kno wat i think u post to much b:victory
  • KungFu_Fight - Harshlands
    KungFu_Fight - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ive been in lost city and every RQ i see is red xD and im staying on harsh cause of this chara b:cute :P but i go back here and there same old same old but i keep my space with red names xD and i might run but as many pkers i see there to much 2 count @_@ b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    COCOCOCOCOCOCOCCOCOCOCOCO >.> :3b:chuckleb:cute
  • AyaBrea - Harshlands
    AyaBrea - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It should be top 50 with a search function to find out player stats, such as level, kills, deaths count