Curious...

Options
Thirdeye - Heavens Tear
Thirdeye - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
I started playing this game last year and I would always see people act like couples in game and start blabbing off in world chat about how they love each other etc, of course if they are a real life couple then they have some leeway but when I find out they only know each other through the game and are having some sort of long distance relationship i would cringe, I always used to tell myself "Please do not let me become one of them with their e-relationship ****."

Then it happens I become one those people I "Hate"....I meet the most amazing guy ever and we get to know each other and before you know it we exchange phone numbers and start calling and texting each other, now 6 months down the line we are now "officially" a couple (in this case it isn't long distance as we're in the same country, about 1 and a half hours away)

Now I'm curious, has anybody else "fell in love" or started a relationship through this game?

Now I know a lot of people are gonna come in flaming saying it's a game get a life etc (Just as I used to do! to the other people who have done what I've done) but, put in my position and YOU met the most amazing guy/gal ever through this game and your feelings slowly grew for them you would not be flaming this thread right now.
Post edited by Thirdeye - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• darkjagans
    darkjagans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have yet to find someone I would seriously "love" in the game... yet (if ever)

But it's fairly common occurrence nowadays for people to find love from an online game, and there really isn't anything wrong with that as long as he ain't some pedo or somthing XD
  • Thirdeye - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    WOW, first post wasn't a flame.

Thank you good sir b:thanks
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I haven't got any problem with it, you can develop a lasting connection over the internet.

I've tried it and found it wasn't for me. *shrugs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Bear in my mind upon first starting this game in NO way was I here in hope of finding love, I didn't go looking for it, it just found me.
  • darkjagans
    darkjagans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Bear in my mind upon first starting this game in NO way was I here in hope of finding love, I didn't go looking for it, it just found me.

Well... things just happen b:chuckle
  • TheChiken - Lost City
    TheChiken - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well I am here about tree mounts so far nothing but I really like how
    female character looks in this gameb:dirtyb:cuteb:pleased
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Personally I wanna hear of other peoples successful experiences. b:cute
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Personally I wanna hear of other peoples successful experiences. b:cute

Poor hygiene, stalkers, drama, expensive long distance trips, and silly emotional bonds before you know better. Happy for your experience, but I wouldn't encourage people to use this as a dating platform.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    my pwi girl ran away with my chubbs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    my pwi girl ran away with my chubbs

I can help get that chubby back. b:chuckle
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What tweakz said.

I've tried it, twice; it sucks. ****. Horrible, disgusting, mutilated ****, and I won't try it again. My friend tried it, too, she being 26 he being 17, and they moved in together.

She moved back with her parents 4 months later, but the spark was gone after month 2.

For lack of any other alternate (read: game) it was okay for the purposes of cyber, and the emotional connections, but the physical connection, I think, is what a relationship is supposed to be about. I hope I don't get edited, but sex-sex-sex; it makes the world go round. Nothing like it, it's beautiful. Try getting that over Ventrilo.

My first online relationship, I'd discovered, was an affair on the woman's part who had a fiance; she was the type of woman to run into another guy's arms whenever her boyfriend act a fool. I didn't know this until about a month in, and by that time I was fallen and couldn't get up. The concept of losing a month's worth of romance? Fat chance, she was mine now; turns out I was wrooooong. Ended in tragedy that made me want to punish myself Oedipus style.

The second one helped me reciprocate the wounds from the first (she was a good friend of mine who'd followed the whole previous story, snatched me up the second I was available), and she was great, we lasted all of half a year, though. She was very sexually active (good news!), but lived too far away again. This one just sucked, she ended up disappearing when a hot piece of **** wandered her way, and then got married 6 months later. Shame, she seemed really stable; the guy she married was a notorious pot-head, and spent every weekend peeing off bridges and trying to slay cows so they would drop the Cow Steak item (lol, Arkansas.). He was actually really fun, just not I-can-handle-my-life fun~ Anyway, she just disappeared, and it was devastating. Haven't heard from her since but all her family's online links were still active and I was able to play detective and figure this last bit out.

Now I have a tangible girlfriend! We've been going out for 20 months and she shags like a minx. Oh, it's wonderful~

There are variables to consider, e.g. would those ladies have acted the same way were they in close-distance relationships instead of what they were as long-distance, would the first one have approached me like she did, etc etc; well, I'm not taking any risks anymore. I'm not going to spend another 6 months with someone online knowing that I can't physically touch them. I still flirt outrageously online (this is known and accepted by my girlfriend; it's a great stress-relief to flirt when she can't play online with me), but I do it knowing that the limits stop at "wanna go out sometime?" and "can I get a kiss?". I have better already, and I've been down the online road. Let's not~

Oh, before anyone mentions the cynicism of dating only for sex; it's not about that. It's just a large part. Honesty is a large part of my relationships, too, but it's not all about honesty, either. It's the sum of a lot of large parts, not about any one of them. I didn't get to 20 months just because I bang like Superman~

In conclusion, Thirdeye, if it works out for you then that's wonderful, and I wish you the best. I know relationships that start out online can be great, but don't keep it there very long, because you're going to end up regretting it when you step back to analyze your life. The loving physical contact speaks scores what vapid, repeated words cannot. It's not just delegated to sex, either; snuggling is bad-****, no matter what any man's-man will tell you. I've been in California taking care of my great-grandmother for one week while my girlfriend is stuck in Washington, and it's unbearable. And we've still got two weeks to go. I miss snuggelz.

P.S.: please don't be a tease. That's just uncool and unfair to the dude.

~Terraa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    I can help get that chubby back. b:chuckle
    oh rly ?

@Terraa:

good post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I fell in love with Perill's GM magic sword and Xarfox's armour. b:dirty b:chuckle
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    No........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]