which crafting for archers?

Zhubin - Dreamweaver
Zhubin - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Archer
hi all
i wanted to know which job(crafting) is good and suitable for archers.or is it different which craft we learn?
and can we learn all of them?
thx mates.b:surrender
Post edited by Zhubin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Reane - Sanctuary
    Reane - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    crafting is unrestricted... it doesnt really matter which class you are
    Reane-archer-82
    HeavensRage-blademaster-65
    HeavenSorrow-venomancer-74
    Abby_G-assassin-57
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Indeed, it doesn't really matter in the early levels and in the later levels, you'll either make most of your items yourself or have someone else make them for you.

Personally though, I keep my apothecary up to the highest level, as it is the only crafting that does not require drops from mobs and unfortunately I've far out-leveled the mobs that drop stuff like silk thread, rough fur and purified oil, all of which would be required for me to up my Craftsman, Tailor or Blacksmith. Eventually, I'll either buy the mats from others or make an alt for farming those mats.

As I mostly play on my own, I'm aiming for indepedency on the later levels, especially when you can get a lot of good molds with Mysterious Chips, so I'll eventually level up all of my manufacts and keep them updated.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Crafting is indeed an all class option, but since archers are all about attack, is not a bad idea to level your Blacksmith.
    Tailoring can be useful from the point of view that, besides making your own armors, you will be able to decompose into Chi Stones all those armor drops. (You will probably notice in time, that the drops are armor oriented, maybe ornaments; weapons that drop from mobs are very few).
    Apotecary is something that you should have at least to level 3, no matter what class you are. Some apots are quite useful in low levels to mid ones. (Later you might want to try charms).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Definitely get at least level 2 Apothecary. You'd be surprised how the herbs pile up if you grab them when you see them. And Life/Focus powders can save you a ton of potions.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Definitely get at least level 2 Apothecary. You'd be surprised how the herbs pile up if you grab them when you see them. And Life/Focus powders can save you a ton of potions.

Personally, the reason I first got into Apothecary was the lack of monster-dependency. Also, I noticed the nice mana potions that they got, which goes well with the fact that a friend of mine has a cleric alt that is not charmed.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Zhubin - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    ah i'm fully confused in game.
    dunno which npc do what.
    dunno how gather stone.i think i should buy something like pickaxe?
    this game is really complicated.
    i've played mmorpgs but this one confuses me.
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ah i'm fully confused in game.
    dunno which npc do what.
    dunno how gather stone.i think i should buy something like pickaxe?
    this game is really complicated.
    i've played mmorpgs but this one confuses me.

Imagine how I was when I started with no exp in MMO at all.b:laugh

But yeah, first char you`ll ****, but dont worry, you always can start again.
    I kill things b:victory
  • Blzngfsts - Lost City
    Blzngfsts - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Get them all if you can, There is nothing more annoying (speculating) than having everything for some sweet gear and no way to make it.

If you're serious about this game and will go past level 80, get all the crafting skills. Makes life so much easier, plus your name is on other players gear which is a cool bonus, because you're helping others make gear too, which increases your skill level too.

The apo skill is key, as well as BS and Tailor for weapons and armor, but the craftsman skill is nice too, later for those ornaments.
  • Zhubin - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Get them all if you can, There is nothing more annoying (speculating) than having everything for some sweet gear and no way to make it.

If you're serious about this game and will go past level 80, get all the crafting skills. Makes life so much easier, plus your name is on other players gear which is a cool bonus, because you're helping others make gear too, which increases your skill level too.

The apo skill is key, as well as BS and Tailor for weapons and armor, but the craftsman skill is nice too, later for those ornaments.
    so have you done all of them?
    you are lvl 80+ and i think u have learnt all jobs yes?
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Don't stress too much about them and just go at your own pace. You'll most likely be buying gear from the AH for a while meaning there is no need to manufacture armor or weapons.

It's good to keep leveling all the manufacturings but it is not a must.
  • Blzngfsts - Lost City
    Blzngfsts - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    so have you done all of them?
    you are lvl 80+ and i think u have learnt all jobs yes?

I have all skills but craftsman skill above level 5. Craftsman skill is currently level 4.

so yes
  • Zhubin - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    i learnt all skills lvl 1.
    now how should i go lvl 2 ?