Pets How-to?

shinaiamara
shinaiamara Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
So maybe I've just been impatient and I'm going to learn this later, or maybe I wasn't paying attention and missed it, but I'd appreciate some help either way.

How do I feed my pet? I'm afraid to play again without knowing this because I don't want it's loyalty to drop. Where do I get food for it? Do I have to buy it, or can I find it as drops? Also, how do you tame creatures? Is that a skill you have to learn?

Thanks!
Post edited by shinaiamara on

Comments

• Reane - Sanctuary
    Reane - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    you can buy pet food from the pet manager (pure water for example) and you get the veno tame skill at i believe lvl 7? you have to learn the skill from the pet person next to the venomancer trainer in Lost City
    Reane-archer-82
    HeavensRage-blademaster-65
    HeavenSorrow-venomancer-74
    Abby_G-assassin-57
  • Enallia - Dreamweaver
    Enallia - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sounds simple enough. Thanks!
  • Vidalia - Dreamweaver
    Vidalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You get a supply of special starter water, I believe as the result of the level 3 quest where you first tame a pet. This should take you into your teens before it is used up.

From your inventory you need to right click the food to feed your pet. To make things quicker, drag the water from your inventory to a hot bar where you can feed your pet with a key press or a click.
  • Yserra - Sanctuary
    Yserra - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The first pet you get at level 3 already has loyalty, but when you tame a new pet then their loyalty starts from scratch. I found it's easier to buy maybe 3-4 of the most expensive food from the pet trainer to build up the loyalty, and then when it's portrait turns green start feeding it the water.