MP Charms

Options
crazyzviet0
crazyzviet0 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Cleric
Hi, im a lvl 45 cleric right now, and i was thinking i should buy charms instead of mp pots once my emerald charm from the SS dies out. Is it a good idea? I did some calculating and 1k MP Pots is 570k and heals 720kmp, and a gold mp charm heals 900k mp and costs 550k.
correct me if i'm wrong
thanks
Post edited by crazyzviet0 on

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    MP Charms don't heal though only HP one do but you are better off with pots or Apotho.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    In my opinion you can get away without charms until about 6x.

However, charms are a definite plus and you do not have to worry about watching your MP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • crazyzviet0
    edited July 2009
    Options
    MP Charms don't heal though on HP one do but you are better off with pots or Apotho.
    I'm a cleric, I can heal myself so I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about. Just talking about MP right now
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    For pure grinding? Save your money - make apoth pots. I've used 1 mp charm in the last 10 levels or so, and that's only because someone gave it to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • crazyzviet0
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The apoth lvl 2 mp pots? and should I buy the herbs for it?
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm a cleric, I can heal myself so I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about. Just talking about MP right now
    and heals 720kmp, and a gold mp charm heals 900k mp and costs 550k.
    This what made me think about healing.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The apoth lvl 2 mp pots? and should I buy the herbs for it?

Farm your own herbs - once you know which herbs you need and where they are, it doesn't take much time.

Look for focus powders, life powders, and jade powders for lvl 2. Once you get to lvl 3, go for soothing orbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    MP Charms don't heal though only HP one do but you are better off with pots or Apotho.

LOLZ mysti, you have done it again.... accidental troll FTW!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • crazyzviet0
    edited July 2009
    Options

....I was thinking I just got owned lol b:sad
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options

I did not and I am not wizard posting in here.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options

I am not and I could say the same about you being troll.
  • Slake - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I am merely an observer, that occassionally points out things that are funny/helpful. We couldn't be more different really... :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I personally don't mind dropping $10 for hp/mp charms, since I find them so useful.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • ChainedDust - Heavens Tear
    ChainedDust - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I sent a HP charm to my cleric and its nice to have. The MP charm I sent I have in the bank. I mean what use do I really have for at this level. I can use apothecary pots and I'm trying hard to use up all the weak stash MP pots b:chuckle. And even meditating doesn't take all that long. Great for when getting a drink or going to the restroom...b:victory

But if we are talking what is cost effective. If you are buying pots stop. Buy Charm. Farm herbs get some good apothecary pots in your inventory. You will save a ton of money. See how far you can go without getting a charm or pots. You can always go and buy one if you decide that is too your liking.

Side note: I have found that Charms are like crack. Once you get a taste of them its so hard to let go.....b:laugh
  • GodlyTank - Dreamweaver
    GodlyTank - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I am not and I could say the same about you being troll.

You could, but at least she doesnt double post to make a point... Thats what the Edit Button is for Troll Queen

Aside from that, if your a cleric and have the coins for MP charm, by all means get one. It helps you level 10 times faster, got to lvl 40 in 4 days with MP charms on my cleric.. Only used 2
    b:sweat
  • CrazyzViet - Dreamweaver
    CrazyzViet - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Aside from that, if your a cleric and have the coins for MP charm, by all means get one. It helps you level 10 times faster, got to lvl 40 in 4 days with MP charms on my cleric.. Only used 2

I have 2 mil at this lvl, is that enough? I always seem to make money from grinding even though I burn MP pots alot. I also am lvling up my apoth to lvl 2 (80%) but then I don't know any good realgar farming spots.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Oh btw, the poster is me, I have no idea that I have 2 accounts? lol, I log in as this name but it adds a 0 at the end wth. But just letting you all know b:surrender
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You could, but at least she doesnt double post to make a point... Thats what the Edit Button is for Troll Queen

I didn't mean to douple post it's just that there is problem with the forums edit button disappearing just after you submit your post.This is why there are other douple posts it is the board not the poster.There are several functions not enabled on this board like othe vb boards.
  • Slake - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    In the time it takes to burn thru a gold mp charm u can usually afford to buy another and have some profit. Unfortunately you have to grind though, fb's and HH are massive charm burners.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Side note: I have found that Charms are like crack. Once you get a taste of them its so hard to let go.....b:laugh

In human history, no sentence has never been so true.
  • Elfmonkey - Lost City
    Elfmonkey - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think its better not to us mp heiro, because its for lazy people who dont want to watch out for their hp and mp. it always good to take a rest after grinding all ur mp and hp lol.
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think its better not to us mp heiro, because its for lazy people who dont want to watch out for their hp and mp. it always good to take a rest after grinding all ur mp and hp lol.

A clerics burn they normal mp in less then 5 min b:shocked

Best way to grind, do quest is Focus Powders.
    The point is that for Fbs and HHs is better to have mp bcs of Plume Shell (to avoid deaths) or Bubble.

But with just 25 herbs u have 5 Focus Powders, thats 50 min of 50 mp/sec regeneration, its a good trade off
    edited July 2009
    Options
    But with just 25 herbs u have 5 Focus Powders, thats 50 min of 50 mp/sec regeneration, its a good trade off

That only helps if I'm out of combat because in combat the regen gets cut 3/4 and when I'm not im combat i just meditate
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    But do you use all of your MP in one fight?

Focus powders recover your mp in between fights. Finish a mob...look for next mob....mp recovered.....attack....rinse and repeat for 10 minutes without having to worry about MP.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keenan - Dreamweaver
    Keenan - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I find that my mp efficiency increases as I level up/get better gear. Until I hit the mid-fifties, I was constantly annoyed by mana drain. Recently though, I've acquired flames boots of intensity with mp recovery +3, a nightglower hat with mp recovery +6, maxiskirt of divine order with mp recovery +2. That adds to my base mana recovery from mag stats, and I'm not even pure mag, I'm hybrid with 7 mag added every 2 lvls. My celestial guardian is currently at 3 which adds +3 recovery/second. All of that allows me to regen 54 mp/sec while meditating, and it takes me less than a minute to refill my mana bar.

I used to hate spamming ironheart even while on focus powder because the mana usage couldn't keep up with the regen, and I still had to use pots. But this morning, I just spam healed a barb tanking jewel by myself, on focus powder, and my mp bar stayed pretty much full through the entire thing. I've done TT runs before and never been charmed, instead I use pots and jade powder, etc. I've also held BB while potting furiously, and it was cutting it a bit close, but still okay. I hate grinding while being charmed both HP and MP wise, and personally I just don't feel like you need one if you're not too impatient to take a break for a minute or two. While grinding on adalwolf geomancers (lvl 63 mob I think?) I can kill at least twenty before I drain all of my mp, and that's without any powders or pots.

If I could de-equip charms while grinding, then frankly, yeah, maybe I'd consider it just for added security for my party during dungeon runs. But for now, I feel pretty comfortable watching my bars while still keeping the entire squad safe. Those catshops selling 600k gold charms won't be getting me as a customer anytime soon, not unless I plan on living in TT later on in the game b:chuckle
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    In the time it takes to burn thru a gold mp charm u can usually afford to buy another and have some profit. Unfortunately you have to grind though, fb's and HH are massive charm burners.

Thats very true. I charm grind out a charm with no issues. In TT and FB's I use my apoth mp regen items when spam healing for bosses. It cuts down my mp charm consupmtion dramatically. Plus from the TT's I can sell the mats for a pretty healthy profit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have a love/hate thing with MP charms. They're great because you can grind/BB without constantly watching your mana and having to always be ready to pot.

They're bad because they just tick unbelievably quickly- it must be 80% or something!! Sometimes you're only killing 1 or 2 mobs and last hit- tick! Sucks also when you cant use macro for aoe-pt buff because it ticks your charm as well! =[
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Slake - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    IM pretty sure its 75% they tick at. For me it always seems to time the tick perfectly so on the last spell that kills the last mob of ur quest.. it ticks :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Opaline - Dreamweaver
    Opaline - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Get both charms as soon as you can afford to.
    HP charms save your butt when you get aggro.
    Also, you can be a more effective healer if you don't have to worry about healing yourself all the time and timing your pots between your skills.
    I almost never heal myself and only use plume shell when I get aggro.
    When you get higher level, time becomes your enemy more than anything.
    You will want to do whatever you can to speed up your ability to spam skills quickly.
  • Tailpuff - Heavens Tear
    Tailpuff - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Get both charms as soon as you can afford to.
    HP charms save your butt when you get aggro.
    Also, you can be a more effective healer if you don't have to worry about healing yourself all the time and timing your pots between your skills.
    I almost never heal myself and only use plume shell when I get aggro.
    When you get higher level, time becomes your enemy more than anything.
    You will want to do whatever you can to speed up your ability to spam skills quickly.

Better give a receipt to ur squad in the end, no way a cleric now can afford 2 charms on with the undergoing prices..

i guess PWI just want to extinct clerics.. then bye bye fb69, TT wurlord, TT drumgod, frost, lunar..