Memory leak fixed!

Drazo - Dreamweaver
Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
Although they haven't mentioned it, it seems that the memory leak issue is gone. b:victory
Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
Post edited by Drazo - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ChronicDose - Harshlands
    ChronicDose - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    this made me very happy :) Waking up in the morning to my Catshop still in business :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I didn't realize there was a memoryleak issue to begin with, lol. Memory leak is when an application continues sucking up memory nonstop when running, not when it just takes a lot of memory.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I didn't realize there was a memoryleak issue to begin with, lol. Memory leak is when an application continues sucking up memory nonstop when running, not when it just takes a lot of memory.

Yes, and that is EXACTLY what was happening if you stayed any amount of time in Arch. It would suck it up so much you would get disconnected, and was in part causing part of the lag that was happening there.
    Although I can't say I've noticed either way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i was pretty happy to have actually made it through the night in my catshop last night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009

I'm aware of what memory leak means thank you very much. PWI in west arch is now taking about 600 MB of PF and staying around that instead of 1.0 - 1.4+ GB and rising by now.
    Non-mule characters:

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I agree. It was nice to see the MB (then GB...qq) is was NOT taking lol...b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Agreed, the memory leak seems to have been fixed. A gratz to the devs for getting at least something in their patch right. b:victory
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Xaix - Dreamweaver
    Xaix - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yay for memory leak fix, now i can peacefully set up my catshop ^^
  • bloblette
    bloblette Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So its just me that could catshop fine before this patch and now crashes constantly?
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Great ! More catshops in west arch. Subtraction by addition lol.

So now a memory leak that caused lag and prevented more catshops to be setup has been fixed so more catshops can be set up and have more lag. Viscous circle. Although I am glad the devs have fixed a major issue. Just funny how as one item gets resolved it creates new issues or compounds old ones. lol.

No sarcasm meant in this for real. Thanks devs for listening and fixing the issue.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Great ! More catshops in west arch. Subtraction by addition lol.

So now a memory leak that caused lag and prevented more catshops to be setup has been fixed so more catshops can be set up and have more lag. Viscous circle. Although I am glad the devs have fixed a major issue. Just funny how as one item gets resolved it creates new issues or compounds old ones. lol.

No sarcasm meant in this for real. Thanks devs for listening and fixing the issue.

My computer tends to scream and protest whenever I go remotely near Arch anyway. What's a few more catshops gonna do... b:embarrass

Thanks for fixing the issue, though I never really had much of an issue with the memory leak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Amarta - Sanctuary
    Amarta - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Oh yay, now I don't have to worry about my shop consistently crashing as I sleep. That means I can buy and sell Sesame and Jiaozi all night lo- Disconnected from server.
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing issues with memory leakage. Only in archosaur. :/ Oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • bloblette
    bloblette Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    In a shocking turn of events, minimizing to taskbar used to keep my catshop alive overnight while leaving it in windowed would inevitably crash the game, now the reverse is true!

Whatever, at least I can still catshop.
  • FrKnDuDe - Harshlands
    FrKnDuDe - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    FYI, if you run in windows mode and do not want to be disconnected while setting up your catshop overnight, make sure you minimize the window to your taskbar. This prevents any disconnects that are being mentioned here.

I only get the memory leak disconnect when either in full screen mode or where the window mode is active.

b:victory
    [sigpic][/sigpic] GM please make my siggy my avator :)
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    please edit your signature or replace it, its disgusting. I dont want to see male anatomy on forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    please edit your signature or replace it, its disgusting. I dont want to see male anatomy on forums.
    Dont give me evil ideas b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    LAWL....bad Decept! *spanks*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My catshop has lasted the night. Perhaps the mem leak is fixed..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    its not fixed lol, I just got dced. I was looking at the Task Manager right before it happened and it was a little over 1 Gig
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    It IS fixed. Those who are (still) having problems - post in the support forum or send a ticket to support, otherwise you'll have your issue forever as there's nothing to fix now.
    Non-mule characters:

• Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've contacted support about the issue many times, and I've also talked with a GM about it. They can find nothing to help, and so I don't see what sending (yet another) support ticket will do when the issue has not changed in the slightest. If multiple people are still having problems, then the issue still exists, it may have just been fixed for certain system setups.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • Anlor - Heavens Tear
    Anlor - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Does seem a lot more stable now. Had a catshop up overnight without it crashing, and memory usage is a lot lower than when I have ever been in a highly populated area for some time.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Relatively speaking, I'd call it fixed to a point.

I use to see my memory usage via task manager spike to 1.3gb before crashing (and avoided this by minimising to task tray) However as of late, I have been able to keep my window open and have the memory remain at 400mb give or take 100mb.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I've contacted support about the issue many times, and I've also talked with a GM about it. They can find nothing to help, and so I don't see what sending (yet another) support ticket will do when the issue has not changed in the slightest. If multiple people are still having problems, then the issue still exists, it may have just been fixed for certain system setups.

This actually is probably very accurate. Those using windows vista vs. windows that are more stable such as xp/98 are probably having a bit more trouble. I'm not quite sure. I do think its is probably more to do with the specs of your computer though. I have 4 gig ram and my husband only has 2. He d/cs even out of arch when he sets up a cat shop. Here is the main point though, with the amount of people pouring into the game; there are more and more people to set shops up in arch. Thus it is getting more and more crowded creating more and more lag.
    Does seem a lot more stable now. Had a catshop up overnight without it crashing, and memory usage is a lot lower than when I have ever been in a highly populated area for some time.

You are lucky then. His (my husband)problem is worse now than it was before. I still go back to the genie patch. Neither of us had problems before that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    You are lucky then. His (my husband)problem is worse now than it was before. I still go back to the genie patch. Neither of us had problems before that.

It has probably worsened because many more players can now stay (and vend) in arch now and more players/catshops = more memory usage.
    Non-mule characters:

• Devisionx - Sanctuary
    Devisionx - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wow, really? Thats great news!