Hey, Let's Go Camping!

Eremedy - Dreamweaver
Eremedy - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Tideswell (East)
Anyone wanna have fun some day and walk through the world map? Would be cool I mean... Gather up some people, yo, then start like from Archosaur and walk north and kill some WBs maybe and stuff. That would mean no flying and mounting... I'd suggest you leave these at the bank when we go. Would be coooool!!!

b:dirty

Yes, apparently I have had it with the current levelling methods and all the Jolly talk and even which I am not participating in due to the belief in the lack of luck. LET'S DO SOMETHING!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Eremedy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• The_Magician - Dreamweaver
    The_Magician - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I dont really see a point in this....erm...LET'S DO IT!

(But seriously, ill come along ^^(Boredom ftw))
    I....really have absolutely no idea what im doing. Just givin' you the heads up.

Proud Marshal of Pointless of Dreamweaver.

Serving a heapin' helpin' of Reality, hot.
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Well tbh there is no certain point if you look at it. And well, we could get down to the point that this whole game has no point too, if you let me keep going, but let's not do that today.

The point is to travel and see things the way you are not used to, maybe. Like travelling in real life, you know.

New people could meet each other, make friends, romance, drama. Duel or kiss and make up - what ever. And especially cool even when some factions dont like each other, they can hang out like that :D

We could have different events in some stopping points (read: villages). Like Hide-and-Seek type stuff and **** like that.

EDIT:
    Like, I just drew a route map (it's totally random actually and I dont remember all the locations of WB's by heart, so it doesnt really matter, but just as an example...)
    MAP HERE

Like on the way... Let's say through Etherblade we could just walk through and grab some new people along and stuff, that would be fun :D
    And in case someone has some quests on the way we could do them real fast... And then these monsters around the snowy area mmmmmmm...

What we need is a certain time, certain route and participants!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You're asking for people to spare many hours of their time to walk all that though....and some of your paths aren't lowbie/frail character friendly. :o
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    *Suggesting

________

I mean... I'm not ASKING anyone to do this. I'm just trying to kinda find out if there would be someone else interested in such an event. I find it'd be fun. Like, to create a route to all the world bosses, take this huge grouop to them, and kill one after another - why not :(

It'd be like an independece day or something.. Or Christmas... Just a day you do something differently just because... Because... Just because to make a day different :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    I thought WB = Were Beast. b:chuckle

You'll need lots of high levels too otherwise you'll just be asking for people to go on a suicide walk.
    Non-mule characters:

• Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    There are LOTS of high levels in our server, that's the point anyway. With this I'm turning towards EVERYone - all the high levels, low levels, mid levels, leaders, commissioners, factionless, kids, pets, wives, husbands, grannies, other oldies, even Bubimir.

It should be a MASSIVE event. I mean... MASSIVE!

Alphalus
    Ancient Spearman
    Auprus: Ton
    Broadkris Drudge
    Cenminator (this kill I have once witnessed)
    Cerebean Sentinel
    Dipter
    Hornska Lord (I heard about this kill a few days ago)
    Machinoslitt
    Minion Of Death
    Mystery of Antiquity
    Shadow Doll
    Sonic Opressor
    Soul Hunter (Been-There-Done-That - most people can say that)
    Sword Tamer
    Watcher of Chasm

PS. I might be missing some - feel free to correct the list. And yeah, I would like to know which ones have been killed so far...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubimir - Dreamweaver
    Bubimir - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    huh?what?ME?lol
    Lost everything in PK! Olee im still mad at u!b:angry
  • Bubimir - Dreamweaver
    Bubimir - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    well what else to say, im honored to be only named player on ur threadb:laughb:pleased
    Lost everything in PK! Olee im still mad at u!b:angry
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Glad to know you read my threads.

Anyway, I'm gonna think of a better plan tomorrow. Right now I'm too woozy.
    A map and the bosses and stuff. Then a date and the route and...

Well, I'll write down the plan and post it somewhere. Maybe people will understand me better then and might want to participate in this... Thing.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Who says I don't want to pacipitate anyway? b:sin
    Non-mule characters:

• Drazo - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    *Double post - yeah yeah bite me*

Any more plans yet?
    Non-mule characters:

• Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Have been lazy the last few days, therefore haven't thought about it much. The only thing I still need to do is count down the bosses and create a route accoring to them.

Still I find there is one slight problem, because of what I know, some bosses are taken down regularry by some bigger factions so they might not be there :)

And I have no clue who could tank the tougher ones ha
    ha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    hours walkign through map. second WQ of the day kinda, scary b:shocked
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Well, i have discovered that WQ ain't so bad when u got someone to talk to. Same thing would be with this walk I guess. In case we'd have friends around and stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    walking doesnt give exp, so not fun b:sad
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    walking doesnt give exp, so not fun b:sad

But there are mobs (and bosses) who will be standing or patrolling on the paths of which we will follow.
    Non-mule characters:

• Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Yup.. and the most lucky ones would even get the goodies from the bosses ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bebisito - Dreamweaver
    Bebisito - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Fun idea. XD G'luck getting it running.
  • nederlandse
    nederlandse Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    count me in b:mischievous

l\led, Level 4x Barbarian, Dreamweaver
    b:sad Had to leave his home in Kinetic b:sad
    (that's lower-case "L" btw)
    I love all these people who look at my level
    and assume I'm some nub that doesn't know
    what he's talking about... Sorry, I've been
    around since the East Coast servers launched.
    b:chuckle
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Right now I wish I was someone who could fulfill all this **** too -_-

Well, the idea is great and the thing I have been thinking about and realized consulting other people... Well, to make this happen, a lot of effort and coin will have to be involved. And at the moment I am not in a position to sponsor something like this.

Why sponsors needed you ask?
    There would have to be a squad or two who would be the "main" tank squads or something that will have a great tank in it and great clerics to aid him (I guess that would be to avoid constant possible resetting and a successful aggro-holding).

Now, this is expensive, since the tank and the clerics will need charms for that - and the tank's repair bills are an issue too.

So the things to think about now:

1) The possible bosses to kill
    1,5) and the route according to that
    2) Charms and other pays
    3) Who should get drops (possible sponsors or lucky people?)
    4) Additional events (screen-competitions, races, beauty contests, what-evers - in case the sponsoration (does that word excist?) allows for such stuff)

What do you people think should happen?

Well, and then there is this other (cheap and affortable) option - We just go take a walk from point A to point B to point C
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    Seraphim - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Should you successfully organize and execute this event, Calamity management would be more than happy to discuss funding for this event. However we will need to know the following.

1. Number of participants, and the roster if available.
    2. Tentative route, and which bosses the expedition will encounter.
    3. Itemized net cost. (We will provide the items, but not the cash)
    4. Written confirmation from the main tank/healers that they will attend through in game mail.
    5. Projected item distribution should the expedition accumulate any.
    6. Advertisement and publicity strategy and reimburseable net cost, if any.

If this is well thought out, organized, and publicized we are more than happy to review and reimburse expenditures anywhere from 100k to 10m+. It all depends how much time is invested in pulling this off.

Let me know if you would like to take us up on this offer. Cheers ;D

Killable World Bosses without AoE.
    Hornska Lord @ Dreamweaver Port
    Shadow Doll @ Sanctuary
    Soul Hunter @ Forest of Haze
    Minion of Death @ Immolation Camp [Tough but doable with 1 BB, 2 IronHeart, 2 WellSpring and Lvl 80+ Barb]

Killable World Bosses with AoE.
    Sword Tamer @ The Great Lake [360 Degree 24 Meter AoE, 7k Magic blast]
    Cenimator @ Anglers Village [180 Degree 30 Meter Frontal AoE, 30 Meter MP Drain 5k MP/Second, Archer Tanks 5.6k+ HP]

Unkillable Bosses so far
    Sonic Opressor @ Swamp of the Wraiths [360 Degree 40 Meter AoE, 21k instant cast Physical, Randomly switches Aggro]
    Harpy Wraith @ Camp of the Intrepid [Lol good joke]

Notable drops include:
    Perfect Garnet Shard
    Perfect Citrine Shard
    Perfect Amber Shard
    Perfect Sapphire Shard
    Chrono Page

Junk drops include:
    Perfect Alabaster Shard
    Perfect Amethyst Shard
    Perfect Topaz Shard
    Perfect Turquoise Shard
    Perfect Aquamarine Shard
    Perfect Ruby Shard
    Stone of the Scarred
    Desert Tower Minature
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    That is a very nice move of you. Now, time, thought and dedication is required and this one might be even able to be pulled off.

1. Number of participants, and the roster if available.
    Isee that that the "pre-register" element would be a thing which indicates if it's worth to have the event or not - if there would be enough people interested in this.
    Roster - a list of names of the participants... Can you explain what would that be for?

One way I see this done is some kind of a "pre-registration" via e-mail (or IG mailbox maybe?) which could be advertised in World Chat regulary, occasionaly, daily, howeverly (WHICH would also be an ad for the whole event).

2. Tentative route, and which bosses the expedition will encounter.
    It is possible to create a route according to your list, so that's not a problem. These which have been confirmed to be able to be killed, are on the list now.But in case there are gonna be any more...

So I get that the following have not yet been tested. Is there a possible way to find out whether they are doable or not? (Youtube? Investigation teams?)

Alphalus (162 427)
    Ancient Spearman (252 755)
    Auprus: Ton (151 340)
    Broadkris Drudge (438 471)
    Cerebean Sentinel (159 976)
    Dipter (440 752)
    Machinoslitt (236 867)
    Mystery of Antiquity (308 953 / 314 955)
    Watcher of Chasm (289 963)

All the info above is taken from pwdatabase.com

3. Itemized net cost. (We will provide the items, but not the cash)

OK.

4. Written confirmation from the main tank/healers that they will attend through in game mail.
    Same way as all the others, just a more detailed "application" maybe. IG mail doesnt have good capacity tho.

5. Projected item distribution should the expedition accumulate any.
    One fair way seemes to be that these "accumulated" items will be given to the sponsor (since this body would be the only one who really "spends" something). It deserves that, doesn't it.

6. Advertisement and publicity strategy and reimburseable net cost, if any.
    Ads - World Chat (that'd be the only thing that costs smth here), Forums
    Maybe a website-like page for the full info - there are enough free providers, why not even use myspace (unlike facebook, you dont have to have an account there to see it).
    The event's special e-mail address, if necessary - No cost.

I'd suggest to wait until market prices go down too. To pay double (even when it is someone else's concern) - would not be worth it. Or would it...

For people to know whether they can participate or not, they want to know the exact date and MAYBE the approx time that will be used doing this.

Now all this talk creates this serious and dull atmosphere - it's the vocabulary Sera uses, but don't let it get to you! X)

The first idea of the whole event was to have fun, and that is one thing I would not like to lose from the whole.

PS. Ugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]