Heal/Buff aggro

ilystah
ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Wizard
If I heal/buff someone which is being attacked by monster, would I get aggroed from these monster?
Post edited by ilystah on

Comments

• abrab
    abrab Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Buff, probably not. Healing is more possible, if the person hasn't hit the mob or fails at dealing damage. However, you can heal just as easily in the air, so it shouldn't be a huge concern.
  • Tartara - Dreamweaver
    Tartara - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Gathering agro goes as such from my experience:

Damage and healing. Whoever is doing the most, has the agro.

Spells that cause high agro such as a bleed or a poison will generally give you agro.

We will try to put this into numbers.

A tank is doing 500 damage per second.
    A healer is doing 400 healing per second.

A tank after 5 seconds does an entirity of 2500 damage.
    A healer after 5 seconds does an entirity of 2000 healing.

Now, if a tank is doing 500 damage per second and a healer is doing 600 healing per second. This is when a bleed or poison comes into effect.

I believe that a bleed causes 4x the amount of agro as base damage. So if said bleed was bleeding the target for 30 damage each second, the tank will be putting out a total of 620 damage of agro, letting him keep agro over the healer.

Understand?
  • Pel - Lost City
    Pel - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't know anything about stealing aggro with buffs, I don't think I've seen anyone buffing in the middle of combat.

As far as healing, if your tank is going into battle against multiple mobs, he has to attack all of them before you start healing. That is why clerics stack ironhearts on the tank before he goes into battle.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    When i played cleric on my previous server, I was told that 1hp healing = 0.5dmg to attacking mob. That is, if i heal tank for 3k hp, it's like i hit boss for 1.5k dmg. I did not tested it for myself - that is, for exact numbers, - but healing do steals aggro quite good. I even used this trick when was 2nd cleric: when archer/veno/whoever takes unwanted agro, heal him as much and as fast as i can, steal aggro and deal with it on my own (shield/self-healing/whatnot; cleric is the best survivor amongst all DDs). Don't think that wiz can steal agro with MD, though. Heal is pretty good but slow. Only if sutra healing, may be...

About buffs, i had never have seen agro stolen by buffs, for my ~0.5 year active PW experience. So it is impossible, i suppose.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Buffs don't draw aggro at all. Period. You can have somebody use their fists to hit some random mob for ~20 damage and buff them as much as you want and you still won't draw aggro. I've experiment with that before (thought it was quite a waste of charms for the person fisting ;_;)
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Heal aggro works like this;

If the player you are healing has NOT hit the mob yet, any heals you place on said player will transfer aggro from him to you. But if said player HAS hit the mob(s) than -ANY- heals you do will not pull aggro. Unless he hits for 1 and your heal heals for 10k, then... I don't know.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Heal aggro works like this;

If the player you are healing has NOT hit the mob yet, any heals you place on said player will transfer aggro from him to you. But if said player HAS hit the mob(s) than -ANY- heals you do will not pull aggro. Unless he hits for 1 and your heal heals for 10k, then... I don't know.
    I actually did that b:surrender
    Quit.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for all the reply, but there is still something I want to know more.
    So buff will always draw 0 aggro, that relieve me a bit. Sometimes I have to buff mid-fight because there isn't timer on a buff to tell me it about to run out. But I'm still not sure about heal, when I heal it is equivalent to 0.5 aggro from damage right? but is that 0.5 magic damage aggro, 0.5 physical damage aggro or 0.5 DoT aggro because it seems to me the 3 type of damage have different aggro. Also, if a bunch of mobs is surrounding my healing target would the healing aggro get distributed between them or they all get the same healing aggro?

I asked this because my friend want to play tanker but then he scared that it would be hard to find cleric for quest and intend to roll a cleric instead. But after I told him wizard can heal he roll a barb without hesitation. b:shocked
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I can hit a boss once then walk back to pull the boss back with a lv89 cleric spamming ironheart on me, and I won't lose agro. So no, all the **** about healing up there is quite inaccurate.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.