Questions about patch - NonQQ

Rumble - Harshlands
Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
So I have some serious non-QQ questions about the patch that I am hoping a GM will respond to.

1) The AH Favorites Functionality - It was my understanding that you would be able to save your favorite searches. So for instance I regularly look for Citrine Gems in the AH. I click on this search filter and it brings me there. When I save it as a favorite it saves an actual auction items itself, not the filter as a favorite. Was this the intended result? If so why? If a specific item is a favorite that I want to bid on I'll bid on it now when it's lower in price then it will show in my bids. There's no point in watching items I won't bid on, plus they'll be gone in 24 hours. I thought this was to save the filter so when I click favorites it shows all my favorite filtered items together instead of having to click each one every day.

2) Wardrobe Extension on person - So now we can keep more clothes on us which is cool I guess. My question is if I have something in my wardrobe on my person, but am not actually wearing the piece of clothing at the moment and I get PK'd can it drop? Here I am really looking for a GM response and not an assumption from a player. I too would assume it is merely an extension of the bank and safe from drops, but I want to know 100%

3) Find Quest - On teh find quest screen now I have a bunch of old ones that I skipped and didn't want to do. Is there any way to get rid of them? I tried finding the quest giver, accepting the quest, then trashing it, but it showed back up.

Thanks
Post edited by Rumble - Harshlands on

Comments

• BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I honestly can only answer number 3.

No, at this point you can't get rid of the errand quests unless you have already extended your bank and inventory. Even then I am not sure they go away. But to be constantly reminded of them would make you want to either spend your RL money to have a full safe and inventory or buy those items off someone in game who already spent their RL money on the game. Its a win win for the owners.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i actually think the "Forcing you to see this banker BS" quest idea was good. Will get them more sales, and that means better game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Haha yeah. What Brat said xD
    I agree with #1, if its not that way already, it very well should be.
    #2 I really can't answer.
    And as for #3, no there is no way to get them out of the quest finder I'm afraid. Some quests disappear automatically after you're x levels higher than they first become available (usually 10). Others are a one time offer, meaning after you trash it, it's gone for good. Some just linger there forever =P
    b:dirty
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The cash shop quests are just there to taunt you. "You want me out of your quest finder? Spend your real money or I'll never leave! Mwahahaha!"

I was actually wondering why they weren't in there in the first place.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    #1) Agreed that "Favourites" should be favourite filters. I'd use that feature a lot.

#2) No, you won't lose them. From the patch notes: "**Wardrobe Fashions will not drop when killed during PVP combat."

#3) Considering this would require the programmers to add, and then keep track of additional filtering, I don't think this is going to happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Is it just me who mistakenly clicks on 'favorites' when trying to click on 'filter' =<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thanks all. I have no problem with them keeping the CS quests. It's just that they weren't there before so I was wondering if I could make them go away. Not too big a deal. I also have the original DQ that I wouldn't mind dropping. Frankly if anything is done with Find a Quest I'd like to see them move the WQ from Find a Quest to active quests once you start it. I hate having to click back and forth to refresh "Find a Quest" and click the person to autopath to. Well "hate" is a strong word. Let's say I'm "mildly bothered by it, but not enough to care too much"....

As for the AH filter that's how I had read the release notes and thought it was going to be. I wasn't sure if maybe it was a bug or a mistake how it turned out. By the way Deceptistar, I also do hit favorite all the time when I mean to hit filter.

Lastly for the Wardrobe dropping question I didn't see that as part of the notes. Must have skipped over it. Thanks Wolf for pointing it out. My bad.
  • CHOOO - Sanctuary
    CHOOO - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Is it just me who mistakenly clicks on 'favorites' when trying to click on 'filter' =<

Not just you, i do it every single time I try to click "filter", and it's starting to get annoying lol