Chaotic Spirit

Hemoglobin - Lost City
Hemoglobin - Lost City Posts: 251 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
Chaotic Spirit: Chance to cause a soul transfusion in others by switching the Mp and Hp in the target; Venomancer only?

I'm sorry, but you've got be jokeing. All 4 caster classes could use this to their advantage when vs. a Barb or a BM. Think about it, a 9x barb with 16k Hp and even more later on, but hideously low Mp. Theyre impossible to kill alone, and basically the way I've heard it, the only class UP TO the task of soloing a 9x barb IS a veno due to the already glitched flesh ream stack. NOW they get to improve their chances by possibly switching their foe's Hp and Mp?? Thats insane, as an archer, cleric, or wiz stand no chance whatsoever. I'm not saying take it away from the Venomancer as it's still quite usefull in killing the barb/bm faster, just that it's uses extend to the other caster classes who cannot take up the task of soloing a Barbarian. That isn't balanced, giving the class that can already solo a Barb an even better chance to do so.

In fact, they already have a soul transfusion. Now they have two.. Are you serious right now? Allowing the genie skill to be for all casters would be BALANCED. Giving a Venomancer yet another skill she already has up her sleeve is the opposite.

So I'm going to make a poll to see who would like this to be changed. The caster classes stand no chance vs. a Barb past 9x unless they have an entire squad to debuff him, AND the skill has such a small chance for it to actually work, I don't see how you can pass up switching it from Venomancer only. I mean its pretty much a 50/50 shot for it to switch them at lvl 60. At least make it for just the casters: Cleric, Wizard, Archer, AND Venomancer. There are so many uses for it it's not even funny.

Plus you've just created the Blademaster skill to resist magic. That gives us wizzy's an even less chance. How can you say you are balancing things?
Post edited by Hemoglobin - Lost City on

Comments

• Seraki - Dreamweaver
    Seraki - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Chaotic Spirit: Chance to cause a soul transfusion in others by switching the Mp and Hp in the target; Venomancer only?

I'm sorry, but you've got be jokeing. All 4 caster classes could use this to their advantage when vs. a Barb or a BM. Think about it, a 9x barb with 16k Hp and even more later on, but hideously low Mp. Theyre impossible to kill alone, and basically the way I've heard it, the only class UP TO the task of soloing a 9x barb IS a veno due to the already glitched flesh ream stack. NOW they get to improve their chances by possibly switching their foe's Hp and Mp?? Thats insane, as an archer, cleric, or wiz stand no chance whatsoever. I'm not saying take it away from the Venomancer as it's still quite usefull in killing the barb/bm faster, just that it's uses extend to the other caster classes who cannot take up the task of soloing a Barbarian. That isn't balanced, giving the class that can already solo a Barb an even better chance to do so.

So I'm going to make a poll to see who would like this to be changed. The caster classes stand no chance vs. a Barb past 9x unless they have an entire squad to debuff him, AND the skill has such a small chance for it to actually work, I don't see how you can pass up switching it from Venomancer only. I mean its pretty much a 50/50 shot for it to switch them at lvl 60. At least make it for just the casters: Cleric, Wizard, Archer, AND Venomancer. There are so many uses for it it's not even funny.

Plus you've just created the Blademaster skill to resist magic. That gives us wizzy's an even less chance. How can you say you are balancing things?

I see why you are complaining that only Veno's are getting it. But, you know what? Tough it up. If you've got a problem with it being hard to kill Barbs and BM's than make one, or get over it.
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I see why you are complaining that only Veno's are getting it. But, you know what? Tough it up. If you've got a problem with it being hard to kill Barbs and BM's than make one, or get over it.

Good response, very constructive. Maybe try useing reason next time.

Wasn't really asking for your biased input though. God forbid someone get a slight advantage like your new mdef. skill.

Also, if it'll make you feel any better, I have a lvl 50 BM. I still find it a reasonable idea to change the skill.
  • Wolfkight - Harshlands
    Wolfkight - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i think its kinda dumb that veno get this skill cus mos tppl say that veno r one of the best pvp and now they get this skill? unfiar
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    FYI: the veno transfusion skill is percentage based... and i believe chaotic spirit is also percentage based. so lets say a barb have 1000/1000 mp. you chaotic spirit him... he is still gonna have 16k/16k hp.
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    i think its kinda dumb that veno get this skill cus mos tppl say that veno r one of the best pvp and now they get this skill? unfiar

Is it fair a Barb has 16k Hp and cannot be killed 1v1 by ANY, yes ANY class, other than a Venomancer..perhaps. I'm not even sure IF they can do it. I'm just saying that the skill can be used by all casters, not just Venomancers, because switching a Barb's Hp and Mp would be a whole new way to kill them..without the full squad to debuff him. If you want balance, you can't have 1 class with so much Hp that no one can solo it, then give a Venomancer, the only class that already has the potential to kill them, the only skill that can exploit their low Mp.
    FYI: the veno transfusion skill is percentage based... and i believe chaotic spirit is also percentage based. so lets say a barb have 1000/1000 mp. you chaotic spirit him... he is still gonna have 16k/16k hp.

I dont see anywhere in the description that it is based on percentage. If it is, they should add that to the description of the skill to better describe what it actually does. If it is described as "Casts a curse to disturb your enemy's soul. Has a 53% chance to cause a Soul Transfusion to swap your target's HP and MP values," but is based on percentage, that would not make sense. Swaping and percentage are two different things.

Either way, percentage based or not, you cannot argue that its uses do not extend beyond JUST Venomancer's.
  • Lessein - Sanctuary
    Lessein - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lets face it, venos have it easy enough as it is - give the other casters a break? =P
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I dont see anywhere in the description that it is based on percentage. If it is, they should add that to the description of the skill to better describe what it actually does. If it is described as "Casts a curse to disturb your enemy's soul. Has a 53% chance to cause a Soul Transfusion to swap your target's HP and MP values," but is based on percentage, that would not make sense. Swaping and percentage are two different things.

Either way, percentage based or not, you cannot argue that its uses do not extend beyond JUST Venomancer's.

It's percentage based, essentially a targetable version of one of our level 29 class skills. If someone has 12k/16k hp and 2000/2000 MP and it's used on them they end up with 16k/16k hp and 1500/2000 MP (which would then trigger an MP charm putting them at 2000/2000 MP). Being on a PvE server I look at it differently, I see it as a cheaper way of replenishing someones mana than using an MP charm (great if you have a regular squad, and want to reduce cleric costs) though I haven't tried it yet, problem is it's a very expensive skill and requires a genie build pretty much devoted towards it. At 180 energy to use, even if you get 2 points on your genie gear and use a vitality genie, you need to sink 121 points into energy to get the minimum required. Say you're level 95 and have a 70/90 genie, your genie would have 165 points, 121 points is a significant portion of your available points.
  • Uiztrollin - Harshlands
    Uiztrollin - Harshlands Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Is it fair a Barb has 16k Hp and cannot be killed 1v1 by ANY, yes ANY class, other than a Venomancer

Lurk more around your own class forums.
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Lurk more around your own class forums.

This is a suggestion, therefore in the 'Suggestion Box.'
  • Thepope - Lost City
    Thepope - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    this is a stupid thread. at high levels, wizards can solo barbs. the other day a cq wiz hit me for over 10k. unless im at full hp in tiger form, thats a 1 shot. and 16k+ hp barbs are tiger form and probably sage. and like was mentioned earlier, its a proportional change. if i have 1/2 hp and full mp and its used on me, i have full hp and 1/2 mp now. gather a little more info before u make a complaint thread. and way to make a biased poll lol
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    this is a stupid thread. at high levels, wizards can solo barbs. the other day a cq wiz hit me for over 10k. unless im at full hp in tiger form, thats a 1 shot. and 16k+ hp barbs are tiger form and probably sage. and like was mentioned earlier, its a proportional change. if i have 1/2 hp and full mp and its used on me, i have full hp and 1/2 mp now. gather a little more info before u make a complaint thread. and way to make a biased poll lol

Lol, OP fails, hard. He has no idea how the skill works, and is clueless about pvp or the wizard class in general.

Robe venos don't do so well against barb, especially since they disabled reflect from hood. Heavy veno does very well, but only when the barb stands his ground. If he runs, that's it. Wizard is the only class with the kind of spike damage that can kill a barb fast enough before it turns tail and run.
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This is a bad poll. You can vote for both options. Which I did do by the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    edited September 2009

Yepppp
    Lol, OP fails, hard. He has no idea how the skill works, and is clueless about pvp or the wizard class in general.

Robe venos don't do so well against barb, especially since they disabled reflect from hood. Heavy veno does very well, but only when the barb stands his ground. If he runs, that's it. Wizard is the only class with the kind of spike damage that can kill a barb fast enough before it turns tail and run.

That's a bit extreme, not knowing anything about my class?b:shocked Excuse me for reading something that says nothing about being percentage based and not understanding. Now I do, thanks.

Thread can be deleted pl0x?
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009

In fact, they already have a soul transfusion. Now they have two.. Are you serious right now? Allowing the genie skill to be for all casters would be BALANCED. Giving a Venomancer yet another skill she already has up her sleeve is the opposite.

How would you know about killing 9x's
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lol you messed up on making the poll.
    xD I voted for both choices.
    ah well also hmm would be interesting to be able to swap my mana and HP around use up all my mana pop a health pop blam swap hp/mp. full mana again woot!

also whats this "resist" magic spell of the masters of blades you speak of?

Every time I fight them in duels it goes like BLAM good damage BLAM BLAM *bm drops dead*
    (except when they manage to stun me then its Game Over for me)

so mayhaps me and the 4 bm's I've dueled with so far who happen to be at or around my level all don't know of this mystery spell or it offers only decent/slight protection o.o'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]