Buff timers

Options
artam
artam Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
I believe that there should be a way to see how much time is left on your buffs/debuffs. It doesnt neccessary have to say time but it could show like a cooldown does with the clockwise motion changing it from dark back to light.
Post edited by artam on

Comments

• Elomir - Dreamweaver
    Elomir - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    artam wrote: »
    I believe that there should be a way to see how much time is left on your buffs/debuffs. It doesnt neccessary have to say time but it could show like a cooldown does with the clockwise motion changing it from dark back to light.

Hmm no..this isnt a good idea..I wouldnt like to see the half screen filled with icons....
  • Lady_Selan - Sanctuary
    Lady_Selan - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Just a tiny bar appearing below the buffs shouldn't take up much space and only actual time shows when you hover cursor over the buffs. I think it's a good idea.
  • Tartara - Dreamweaver
    Tartara - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Like I said, there doesnt have to be extra bars or even numbers. It could be like the cooldowns on your abilities. It could go around the icon in a clockwise motion, changing it from the dark icon back to the light icon.
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    Hemoglobin - Lost City Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    As most buff's have different times, a more reasonable alternative would be to, when hovering your mouse over the buff's icon, have a time displayed.

Or you can open your eyes and watch when the buff's dissapear..
  • Tartara - Dreamweaver
    Tartara - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My point is this. What if said buffs were to run out in the middle of a boss fight and get people killed?

That is why a timer is requested. So that you know how long you have before said buff runs completely out and you are not screwed to a board looking like a fool.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I like the idea of it looking like the cooldown on skills.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye