Great Cyclone is really good?

Elomir - Dreamweaver
Elomir - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Cleric
As i have read in previous threads it seems that everybody lvl up cyclone...I cant understand why.Plume shot deals higher damage...Why i have to lvl up the cyclone then??
Post edited by Elomir - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ChronicDose - Harshlands
    ChronicDose - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    As i have read in previous threads it seems that everybody lvl up cyclone...I cant understand why.Plume shot deals higher damage...Why i have to lvl up the cyclone then??

Cyclone at higher levels does more damage then Plume, and also you get metal mastery, and since Cyclone is a metal skill, it will have more damage output potential then Plume shot in every way, (Except on a resist Magic mob)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Because of what ^ said, and it's a magic skill- we clerics can deal both physical damage (Plume) and magical damage (Cyclone, Wield Thunder, Tempest, etc) based on our opponent's weaknesses.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Hsuzumiya - Sanctuary
    Hsuzumiya - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Spamming plume shot only is a joke lol

Start off with a great cyclone to slow movement speed of mobs towards yeah. Wow already usefull

Lil faster combo using it also (half a second faster then plume shot, so use g.cyclone then p.shot and repeat) = wowza, lil better damage over time already

Its a metal attack which make's grinding wood type mobs your friend because of extra damage. :O

Great Cyclone WILL outdamage plume shot in the end on most mobs and will have all kinds of damage boosts being a metal type attack.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    it could be my own imagination but it seems plume gets interrupted mid cast more than cyclone o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    it could be my own imagination but it seems plume gets interrupted mid cast more than cyclone o.o

^^ This ^^

And honestly....you cannot just have one attack. Besides...Cyclone has a % chance to slow the mob down as well which helps.

----> I thought I was going to choke when I read this b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009

It does from archers and earth type mobs.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As mentioned, the slow effect allows for an extra spell to land before most mobs get in range to attack you, leading to less damage. It gets the mastery boost, which makes it deal better damage against every target except for metal mobs and mag resist ones. However, due to the casting and channeling time, Cyclone will still do more DPS against even metal mobs than plume shot will. So it ends up being better in every way, except for the cooldown time.
  • Devils_Heir - Heavens Tear
    Devils_Heir - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As mentioned, the slow effect allows for an extra spell to land before most mobs get in range to attack you, leading to less damage. It gets the mastery boost, which makes it deal better damage against every target except for metal mobs and mag resist ones. However, due to the casting and channeling time, Cyclone will still do more DPS against even metal mobs than plume shot will. So it ends up being better in every way, except for the cooldown time.

The only time a cleric will face danger is when the monster is both a metal type and physical resistant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The only time a cleric will face danger is when the monster is both a metal type and physical resistant.

wrong
    metal mobs have higher metal resistance
    so majority of cleric skills are rendered useless

phys resistant mobs arent as bad as metal mobs

but if you get both pretend you never seen it.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Livedeath - Heavens Tear
    Livedeath - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    At later lvls. Max metal mastery kicks in. Mobs/bosses have higher pdef than elemental resistance. And shorter casting on cyclone and its our best attack against most classes in PVP.
  • Balint - Dreamweaver
    Balint - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2009

It probably has to do with the fact that it has a slightly longer casting time.
  • Jahailad - Lost City
    Jahailad - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    plume shot and great cyclone both have the exact same atk and range when at lvl 10
    but great cyclone benifits from metal mastery which gives it +20% damage when that is maxed
    plume shot will end up as your weakest skill in mid 5x
    great cyclone also uses a third less mana which makes it cheaper
    if you see mobs that you cant use metal atks against id use razor feathers then plume to kill cause when maxed razor feathers does a ton of dmg
    youll also end up using weild thunder our most used nuke when maxed does almost 3Xs the dmg of great cyclone
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Also, 1 Hit KOing monsters in low fb's with great cyclone looks cool :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Spamming plume shot only is a joke lol

Start off with a great cyclone to slow movement speed of mobs towards yeah. Wow already usefull

Lil faster combo using it also (half a second faster then plume shot, so use g.cyclone then p.shot and repeat) = wowza, lil better damage over time already

Its a metal attack which make's grinding wood type mobs your friend because of extra damage. :O

Great Cyclone WILL outdamage plume shot in the end on most mobs and will have all kinds of damage boosts being a metal type attack.
    this.........
    great cyclone also uses a third less mana which makes it cheaper
    plum shot lvl 10 uses 140 mp great cyclone lvl 10 uses 143...i dont see it being cheaper
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    plum shot lvl 10 uses 140 mp great cyclone lvl 10 uses 143...i dont see it being cheaper

Great Cyclone (lvl 10) = 144 mp not 143 xP
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Great Cyclone (lvl 10) = 144 mp not 143 xP

wops lol ya checked ingame now but in ecatomb it says 143 0.o
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Great Cyclone will become your best friend once you have lvled it a bit, why? Highter dmg, faster casting, can slow down an enemy (90% chance) and lastly it's your "main" magic spell (metal magic/dmg). Plume shot is also a spell but it deals physical dmg, not magical.

Cleric's main combo of spells is Great Cyclone > Plume Shot and visa versta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jahailad - Lost City
    Jahailad - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    oh lol i havent really looked at the mana use since it was lvl 6 but i was wrog
    still uses less mp in the long run cause it takes less atks to kill mobs with great cyclone than plume shot in most cases