Mysterious Merchant Changes

FrKnDuDe - Harshlands
FrKnDuDe - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
Anyone notice they increased the amount of mysterious chips required to get armor or weapons? I was looking forward to lvl 75 to get the extra chips and buy me a Sakyamuni's Light (magic sword lvl 70) which only cost 22 chips. Today I checked and now you require 59 chips to get this? Glaives of Divinity now requires 67 mysterios chips.b:sad QQ
[sigpic][/sigpic] GM please make my siggy my avator :)
Post edited by FrKnDuDe - Harshlands on

Comments

• nicoleluver
    nicoleluver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Its all made so that PAY TO PLAY Users can Abuse FREE TO PLAY Players and drain them of every bit of money they have. Before it was amazing that a person could be self sufficient and get as many as 4 - 6 Legendary Gear on himself once hes 75+ and could level easily to a high level. Now it seems you cant do that anymore. I'm looking for another cool game =) Go take a break and look for another game ! This games gone to the dogs and Pay to play players. Its not like PW is the ONLY FREE(PAY)-TO-PLAY Game out here.

But on the other hand, they brought upon all this because of their own greed, PW is ruined now, Ruined Economy, Ruined Gold Prices, All those newbies who dreamt of getting to a high level without having to spend anything on this game's dreams have been ruined, thnx PW for favouring your Cashshop players.

Its soon going to be deserted and only filled with Cash Shop buyers and the games soon gonna be Pay to Play I bet, that might be the reason why they are hiking the Prices of everything and anything or the other way of saying "Free to play users go **** off ! Were doing better without you guys".

Whatever be, I call it quits b:angry
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It might be due to the new methods for obtaining mysterious chips that will be implemented in the future.
    War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • SnuglyZero - Sanctuary
    SnuglyZero - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    They balanced it out. They made the very cheap items more expensive and the very high priced items cheaper. For those who would like to say otherwise, the level 77-79 armor set I was going to get for 10 measily chips. The weapon I was going to get at 79 was 4 chips. I think the current prices are now fair and the very hax equips (mysti and demon slaughter) are now affordable.
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    The reason why the price for Gold has shot through the roof, is because of the addition of Jolly Old Jones, not the Gear Shattering system.

For those who are not familiar with Jolly Old Jones, he's an NPC that allows players to trade either Guardian Angels for rewards, or 100k coins.

The secondary purpose of Jolly Old Jones, other than providing you guys with items, is to drain the economy. The last time we had this event, we drained a huge amount of money out of the PWI economy, and Gold prices re-stabilized at a lower price after Jolly Old Jones was removed from the game.

Currently gold prices are inflated, however they should fall back down after this event/sale, perhaps even to a lower benchmark since so much coin is being sunk out of the game right now.

Gold trading is something that we pay a lot of attention to at PWE. We realize that a large number of players get their gold through the auction house, and carefully watch that system with a variety of metrics, statistics, and tools. You can be sure that when you guys are upset about high Gold prices, we become concerned for our players who can't afford to charge their ZEN directly.

We also realize that lately it seems like it's been nothing but sale after sale. That's simply because the large content update we had today required a lot of work from the development team, and with the upcoming additions of the Bounty Hunter and Warsong City (very soon) it's easy to see how their plate has been full.

Now finally. There are some monumental updates on the way for PWI. I cannot go into the specifics of what they are, but I can say that upon having the news of these updates fall upon my ears, I was not only shocked beyond belief, but more excited than I've been for any previous content update/expansion.

SnuglyZero has right(Im agree with this balance of chips prices,bcoz we have alot high lvls which do the Cube ,everyday maybe).nicoleluver dont need to quit game now,just create a veno alt,work more im sure u still will have money for your equipm or repairs.Im sure Xarfox and Developers Team will take care about gold prices not to get too high,if gold price gets too high they can lose players with real money.Not many ppl will not like to spent 1$ on a 300k+ gold and to buy..VIRTUAL equipm for lvl 40 for REAL 5$ or more.The game must keep it with free players too ,otherwise i think it will "die".More players on servers it mean more life on PWI ,it mean to become/keep his no.1 title on MMORPG online games , it mean more advertising in REAL or VIRTUAL world of web and all this can attract more players with REAL money too b:surrender b:bye

Im agree with this shattered equipm for PK players.This will stop somehow PK farming - to get free nice equipm from others players.If some1 like to PK just to take items from others now he/she will think twice of costs ..lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    They balanced it out. They made the very cheap items more expensive and the very high priced items cheaper. For those who would like to say otherwise, the level 77-79 armor set I was going to get for 10 measily chips. The weapon I was going to get at 79 was 4 chips. I think the current prices are now fair and the very hax equips (mysti and demon slaughter) are now affordable.
    theyre hax because theyre rare drops; and rare drops should stay rare. whats the point of making a drop with a 1-5% chance now be widely avaliable to every boob out there? this may sound elitist, but people shouldnt get things handed to them because they have a fat wallet or too lazy to farm / earn the coin for one.
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    theyre hax because theyre rare drops; and rare drops should stay rare. whats the point of making a drop with a 1-5% chance now be widely avaliable to every boob out there? this may sound elitist, but people shouldnt get things handed to them because they have a fat wallet or too lazy to farm / earn the coin for one.

I just aquired a 'sky demons pearl' last monday (3 days before the patch) for millions. It took me awhile to get the coins. I am more than pissed, since it became more or less an average item. I don't know what the PWI was thinking when changing this..
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    +1
    ironpwner wrote: »
    It might be due to the new methods for obtaining mysterious chips that will be implemented in the future.

This...............
    Quit.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    new ways to aquire chips should mean making something go from
    115 chip + 5.7m -> 33 chips + ~700k, thats ****.
    or
    10 chips->67 (glaives of divinity) its ridiculous
  • SnuglyZero - Sanctuary
    SnuglyZero - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It's simple really, you all failed to play the market and got played. It's like real life, when you invest in something you should have consider your surroundings.You should have known these rare molds were going to stay at such a low price forever and would have one day been fixed. As for buying expensive molds before the patch. You should have known that the market is always at risk before every update. It's like any major influx in the stock market, things get cheap, things get expensive. You spent hours grinding for the equipment and these kids get it easier? Well tough, you were one of the first and played longer, of course it's going to be tough. The game has been around for a while now and with such a huge player base of course more things are going to be avalible. Even dungeon runs are easy as pie as they used to be. Adapt to the time, and learn to predict the markets. While you're QQing, I've been making a couple million coins. Don't let the game play you, play it.
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited July 2009

*thumbs up*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I like the changes really. Now that tauran chieftan's cape seems within reach for me. I still cant afford it atm though. b:surrender

I think this might be to encourage more people to cube a bit?
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    this may sound elitist, but people shouldnt get things handed to them because they have a fat wallet or too lazy to farm / earn the coin for one.

It should help even out PvP a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    but people shouldnt get things handed to them because they have a fat wallet or too lazy to farm / earn the coin for one.

That makes absoultely no sense, in that it contradicts itself. The people with a fat wallet were able to get it before, making it cheaper means people not as rich can get it. Just kinda jumped out as a WTF kinda thing to say, when the rest is about keeping the price of them high.
  • WraitHunter - Dreamweaver
    WraitHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I have to say I agree to this more balanced chips requirements.Not only because i finally could afford to buy a misty ring(i would've never payed 10 milions for it before)but because awesome weapons like saky and glaive were too cheap compared to calamity axes.Some mold we're outrageus cheap like the lvl 85+armours which you could buy one or two molds every cube run.Actually all this helps the not so rich players to get molds that were out of reach till now.
    I find strange that 1 chip=2 tickets=1 mirage.Since a mirage is pretty much 30k and i see chips selling for 70-80k is kinda unfair not only for the trade but because you can hardly do anything with 2 tickets.A much more fair trade would be 5 tickets or even 10 to make ppl actually trade cjips for tickets.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Now that tauran chieftan's cape seems within reach for me.

They need to put in the 96 Cape in there for the squishyb:cryb:angry
    Quit.
  • XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear
    XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It's simple really, you all failed to play the market and got played. It's like real life, when you invest in something you should have consider your surroundings.You should have known these rare molds were going to stay at such a low price forever and would have one day been fixed. As for buying expensive molds before the patch. You should have known that the market is always at risk before every update. It's like any major influx in the stock market, things get cheap, things get expensive. You spent hours grinding for the equipment and these kids get it easier? Well tough, you were one of the first and played longer, of course it's going to be tough. The game has been around for a while now and with such a huge player base of course more things are going to be avalible. Even dungeon runs are easy as pie as they used to be. Adapt to the time, and learn to predict the markets. While you're QQing, I've been making a couple million coins. Don't let the game play you, play it.

haha, i didnt want to post in a QQ thread, but dude.. what u said is totally true lol. i agree with u and while im reading this thread, my store is making millions vending. learn to predict the market ppl and stop QQing why some ppl are richer even without buying zen. they play with their brains. this made the game way more balanced due to high level mold cost what? 100k? and a low level mold cost 10mil? roflmao. u really think its supposed to be easier at higher levels? its supposed to be harder -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    They need to put in the 96 Cape in there for the squishyb:cryb:angry

there's a level 90 quest that gives it as a reward o,o
    not implemented yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Its all made so that PAY TO PLAY Users can Abuse FREE TO PLAY Players and drain them of every bit of money they have. Before it was amazing that a person could be self sufficient and get as many as 4 - 6 Legendary Gear on himself once hes 75+ and could level easily to a high level. Now it seems you cant do that anymore. I'm looking for another cool game =) Go take a break and look for another game ! This games gone to the dogs and Pay to play players. Its not like PW is the ONLY FREE(PAY)-TO-PLAY Game out here.

But on the other hand, they brought upon all this because of their own greed, PW is ruined now, Ruined Economy, Ruined Gold Prices, All those newbies who dreamt of getting to a high level without having to spend anything on this game's dreams have been ruined, thnx PW for favouring your Cashshop players.

Its soon going to be deserted and only filled with Cash Shop buyers and the games soon gonna be Pay to Play I bet, that might be the reason why they are hiking the Prices of everything and anything or the other way of saying "Free to play users go **** off ! Were doing better without you guys".

Whatever be, I call it quits b:angry

i disagree.. i think this benefits the poor people more.. the ones who COULD afford the worth nothing molds but couldnt afford the crazy expensive ones. now that its reversed those people who have what used to be worthless stuff are gonna be able to make a little bit off of it, and the ones who had the money to spend on the expensive ****.. TOUGH!

i love it.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Its always a tough call when you make balancing that will ultimately make the price of things scale correctly, but in the short term people are going to lose out because they bought something for high price, and its now cheap.

I know, ive been on he receiving end of changes like this. Fortunately this time I did pretty well, because I have several gold items like requiem blade I was unable to sell for a decent price before.

Probably the best solution would be letting us know in advance and allowing players to trade items or molds back into chips, but obviously that is never going to happen.

Considering the game has been going only 9 months, they have probably done the right thing in balancing it though. It sucks for some people, but if you could afford those items before, you probably have the resources to make back that money pretty fast.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Agreed with Foxx and the others who replied in the same vein.

I lost out on a couple of items which are now worth a bit less, and gained on some others which are now worth more (just by a whisker, I bought the Requiem Blade only two days before which has now saved me from bankrupcy). It's a lucky thing I love the Steppenwolf enough and now don't feel like it's too costly to keep it instead of selling b:chuckle.

Advertising this prior to the update would have had as much QQ anyway. There's always someone who got *insert name of whatever expensive rare mold* just the day before the announcement. Would have made little difference, just earlier whining ;).
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    how is sky demon for 2 mil while tt90 gold neck 2x gold mats is ~20mil right? they are veryyyy similar
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009

yeah, suuuure, keep the rare molds rare so the herc venos will have a reason to farm FB 20 lvls above them just for that.
    I think it's fair what just happened. Some prices went up, some down. I can finally think at the Sky Demon Pearl as being something I could get doing the cube and paying attention to my cash. Or just farm some extra cash for it.
    Cape of Tauran Chieftain, Cape of steppenwolf lord, Misty rings were just overexpensive stuff. I know venos that farmed tens of FB just going for those molds. When the mold was selling for 10-12 millions I can see the reason why.
    Venos control the economy anyway via TT, those molds prices were giving them the means to control it via FB farming too.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The rare item costs that couldn't be bought through cash shop should never have been tampered with. Devaluing them was like taking 10m right out of my account. That's enough of a lesson for me to never put rl money into this game again. I'm even going to avoid the use of consumable cash shop items that only serve to spur gold sales. -I'm using reflect skill on their finance hit.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Lol @ managing to get a Venos are OP post into the thread xD
    And in reply to Mosz, how is that any different than the Requiem blade being nearly as good as a TT90 weapon, while costing half the price of a single mat needed to make the tt90? Requiem @ 400k, dust of devil 800k (and you need 8 of them, + subs and tt80 decomp).

You win some you lose some, move on ppl. Or /RQ for all I care.

I for one am happy to get a sky demons for 700k.
    b:dirty
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    The rare item costs that couldn't be bought through cash shop should never have been tampered with. Devaluing them was like taking 10m right out of my account. That's enough of a lesson for me to never put rl money into this game again. I'm even going to avoid the use of consumable cash shop items that only serve to spur gold sales.

Sounds like you don't like the fact that your greed was stopped.b:laugh
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • tweakz
    edited July 2009
    Sounds like you don't like the fact that your greed was stopped.b:laugh

-The purpose of this post is to troll.
    Cape of Tauran Chieftain, Cape of steppenwolf lord, Misty rings were just overexpensive stuff.

I had bought the Steppenwolf Lord's Cape with the intention of recovering the investment when I upgraded to Devil's Cape of Aries. Now there is no recovering. They weren't expensive: they were wise investments that could be resold when done, - a great alternative to TT gear. People who bought them then are now screwed from recouping.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I bought 5 chientien edges for 200k half a year ago for my tt60. They're only 30-50k today :( Refund pls.
    b:dirty
  • tweakz
    edited July 2009
    I bought 5 chientien edges for 200k half a year ago for my tt60. They're only 30-50k today :( Refund pls.

That was a trend that was slow and could be anticipated. It also wasn't tampered with.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    No, my post was truth. You wanted to buy things just to sell them for high. Now you can't do that and are angry about it. It's just your greed talking.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • tweakz
    edited July 2009
    No, my post was truth. You wanted to buy things just to sell them for high. Now you can't do that and are angry about it. It's just your greed talking.

Merchanting is part of the game. You can't play the game well without using coin. People all over this forum are complaining about coin related issues. You just happen to have a PERSONAL problem with me so you troll post. Your post had no insite, or information worth sharing. It was purely trolling.