Is it just me?

kaka3hi
kaka3hi Posts: 50 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
I know this might be a silly question or a minor bug/glitch, I dont know if it was a glitch or only me who has it .

Here is the story, I like to press "Jump"(spacebar) 2 times before I activate the wings which is faster than activating the wing when you are on the ground to fly higher...

Today, I was doing this as usual today after the update, it still work, but when I tried to fly higher by holding spacebar, it would go back to the ground height (restart) and start there?

Before the update , I didnt have to restart from the ground height , I could fly from the height of jumping twice ( pressing spacebar twice )...

Sorry for the bad english as my first language is chinese , I'll post a video showing it later if you dont understand b:shutup
Post edited by kaka3hi on

Comments

• Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I get it too. Noticed in world quest.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    kaka3hi wrote: »
    I know this might be a silly question or a minor bug/glitch, I dont know if it was a glitch or only me who has it .

Here is the story, I like to press "Jump"(spacebar) 2 times before I activate the wings which is faster than activating the wing when you are on the ground to fly higher...

Today, I was doing this as usual today after the update, it still work, but when I tried to fly higher by holding spacebar, it would go back to the ground height (restart) and start there?

Before the update , I didnt have to restart from the ground height , I could fly from the height of jumping twice ( pressing spacebar twice )...

Sorry for the bad english as my first language is chinese , I'll post a video showing it later if you dont understand b:shutup
    That has been happening to me aswell also the mount opens up almost immediately.
    Quit.
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This bug has been around for quite a while. It's most noticable when you jump, activate your flying and hold down space while your character is activating their aerogear.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm going to venture a guess based on the little I know about game design. Perhaps you are slightly exceeding the speed restraints of the game mechanics, so the game is setting you back. I've seen it in lots of other games when moving a bit too fast, even falling down a hill can cause this effect as the server thinks you could possibly be moving too fast by unjust means *wink wink*
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I posted a topic in the Technical Support forum about something similar to this.

I activate my wings from the ground, and hit autopath, and the game jumps on my screen, and when Im rising in elevation from the ground, it jumps again 2-3 times.

Just started today. Its nothing major, but its slightly annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • kaka3hi
    edited July 2009
    So this cant be fixed? This started today for me too , before the update it was all fine.

This bug isnt minor... It can makes you die when you are running from pker -.-" .
    This game is great IMO, but there is some imperfectness that need to be fixed in this game sadly...

One of the imperfectness that annoys me is .... how the heck the mob shot / hit me when he was already died? This thing sucks when it comes to a range mob, cause oftenly it would do double damage ( 2 shots) or sometime triple damage ( 3 shots < this oftenly shot me to death because I am a low hp creature ) to me even when he was died in my screen . I was like wth, how the heck he shot me when he was laying dead already < . < "
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm going to venture a guess based on the little I know about game design. Perhaps you are slightly exceeding the speed restraints of the game mechanics, so the game is setting you back. I've seen it in lots of other games when moving a bit too fast, even falling down a hill can cause this effect as the server thinks you could possibly be moving too fast by unjust means *wink wink*

Yeap started for me right after the patch, There definitely is a bug or hiccup in the system on this now. Just a few mins ago it too almost a min to fly off the ground because of the stutterring back and forth.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Keeps happening to me as well =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Happens to me to. And it has been around for ages, but since the patch it happens frequently.

It's a kinda dangerous bug too. Only today I got ganged by 3 mobs and decided to make a quick exit with cloud sprint, only to get bumped back to square one and rained upon with spells D:

Personally I think it's due to a poor communication between a players connection and the game servers. Mebbe pwi servers are a little strained atm?
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So this cant be fixed? This started today for me too , before the update it was all fine.

This bug isnt minor... It can makes you die when you are running from pker -.-" .
    This game is great IMO, but there is some imperfectness that need to be fixed in this game sadly...

One of the imperfectness that annoys me is .... how the heck the mob shot / hit me when he was already died? This thing sucks when it comes to a range mob, cause oftenly it would do double damage ( 2 shots) or sometime triple damage ( 3 shots < this oftenly shot me to death because I am a low hp creature ) to me even when he was died in my screen . I was like wth, how the heck he shot me when he was laying dead already < . < "

This happens to me as well. I think it happens because the mob launched it's attack just before yours hit. This makes it so the attack was already in progress, and so it hits after the mob died. At least, that's how I see it. Not sure how it works with melee mobs though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Zareh - Dreamweaver
    Zareh - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is kinda weird but, I've never had that problem before this new patch and I was playing with it a little. I've found that (For me at least) If you double jump and then flip (Press X) right before you summon your aerogear, it doesnt start you off on the ground again when you try to go higher. I've tried it multiple times and every time DoubleJump+Fly=Ground Start and DoubleJump+Flip+Fly= Air Start. Works for me at least b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ive only done wq today, and I was noticing just simply lifting off the ground by using the flight hotkey would cause my screen to shutter.

Havent tried it with mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I have noticed this today also, but mine was a little worse. At times during my wq, after I had jumped onto my flying mount, I would try to go straight up by holding the space bar down while selecting the next npc from my find a quast log. My mount kept flashing back to ground level. At one point I could not even leave the area, I would move forward and get pulled back to where I started. It is a sill little glich, the easiest way around it was to just launch my flying mount without jumping first. But It was also funny when I would be 3 to 4 levels up from where I started then suddenly flash back to ground level.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • lazyness
    lazyness Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Happened to me after the new patch as well

This isn't really a fix as such, but i find that i have to double jump and not press fly immediately; rather, i have to wait until my char is at the very top of the jump or so before pressing fly and it won't drag me back down

Annoying, but meh
  • Nightfaii - Harshlands
    Nightfaii - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    same here. noticed it when i was grinding and getting away from too much agro. instead of landing on my aerogear above the mobs range, i would glitch back to the ground and be hit by the mobs. didnt happen before the patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaka3hi
    edited July 2009
    what can we do to ask a GM to fix this / look at this bug? It gets annoying when I was trying to escape from pkers / mobs.... Sometime getting 1 hit would make you die when a high level pker on your ****... So this is definitely something has to be fixed IMO-_-
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've seen this....it seems to work just fine if you press it at the right time. I also noticed the wings opening immediately instead of a slight lag like I used to have, so my timing is a bit off...

If you press it at the very height of your double jump, when you're not really moving, the glitch seems to stop. But it's hard to time without the lag that I'm used to. Still working on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    what can we do to ask a GM to fix this / look at this bug? It gets annoying when I was trying to escape from pkers / mobs.... Sometime getting 1 hit would make you die when a high level pker on your ****... So this is definitely something has to be fixed IMO-_-

No need to ask, we're monitoring threads related to the most recent patch very closely. Duly notedb:victory
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    No need to ask, we're monitoring threads related to the most recent patch very closely. Duly notedb:victory

This is even less of an issue, but I also noticed you can't get quite as close to the ground as you used to be able to. Doesn't really affect anything, just thought I'd point it out. o_o;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It has definitely been around for a while, maybe it's worser in this patch? I think it's server sided though since, like all but badly designed online games, the server checks your position and movement to ensure if it's valid and if it calculates differently, it forces a correction. (Spoons is right by the way b:victory)

Actually I just remembered something....

Some commands process slower than others. When you activate flying, the server processes it (and sends to all other nearby players) very quickly but movement including jumping is greatly delayed (probably because it goes through more checks and such processes) so when you jump and quickly start flying, according to the server you're still on the ground and preparing to fly, so the server tells your client "flight accepted you are now flying and oh by the way you're actually down there".
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Riding on a max'd mount, jumping off hills, or just jumping around on uneven terrain can cause this stutter.

This is a PITA and an annoyance. Please remedy this.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Yoyomeng - Lost City
    Yoyomeng - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It has definitely been around for a while, maybe it's worser in this patch? I think it's server sided though since, like all but badly designed online games, the server checks your position and movement to ensure if it's valid and if it calculates differently, it forces a correction. (Spoons is right by the way b:victory)

Actually I just remembered something....

Some commands process slower than others. When you activate flying, the server processes it (and sends to all other nearby players) very quickly but movement including jumping is greatly delayed (probably because it goes through more checks and such processes) so when you jump and quickly start flying, according to the server you're still on the ground and preparing to fly, so the server tells your client "flight accepted you are now flying and oh by the way you're actually down there".

It definitely has happened before on occasion, but now it's way too frequent after this last patch (pretty much every time). It's true that the server can lag behind a bit and think you're moving too fast, but the fact is that it never happened as frequent as it does now, which leads me to believe that it's a problem with the game. It's not that big of a deal for me though, just kind of annoying.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I've been playing around a bit with it, and you CAN avoid the lag, it just takes careful timing.

If you wait until right at the top of your jump, when you stop moving, and then fly, the lag disappears. It's a bit hard to time out right, but if it's done right it can keep you from resetting to the ground.

Awkward, but a bit of a work-around until they fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nightfaii - Harshlands
    Nightfaii - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Its so annoying it makes me go crazy now b:shocked

I came on the forums just to post that ^ b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    Aesprika - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I just tested this, it happens only when I'm standing on an npc. Its so bothersome with autopathing for WQ. b:surrender
  • vampirevane
    vampirevane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yes' I noticed this bug also Just after the patch and NO it's not us trying to move faster than it's allowed by the game.. it's a bug, it won't let you take off if you jump and then activate flying like I always did.. now it's not possible and it's very anoying specially when ur in a hurry.

Off to buy Zen now ;) WTS Gold 200k each whisper!!
    5 Skill Slots for Pets Please ..Venos will $hare more ;)
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I found a way to stop it,
    Jump twice, then activate your aerogear WITHOUT HOLDING DOWN SPACE. When your aerogear is fully out, then start holding down space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    I found a way to stop it,
    Jump twice, then activate your aerogear WITHOUT HOLDING DOWN SPACE. When your aerogear is fully out, then start holding down space.

Or double jump, let yourself drop a tiny bit, then bring your wings out. That's how I'm getting around it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I also just noticed this when doing world quest today. I descend on top of npc, get next wq link, then double jump and fly, holding space bar.

It seems if I take a few steps away from where I originally landed, glitch goes away. Adds AT LEAST 40 seconds to my wq b:shocked