Mysterious Merchant price change?

Comments

• Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yes. Go check the prices, it's not the other end of the world b:chuckle.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Has the amount of coins required changed too?

Specifically on Taurens Cape.

No coin fee anymore,it will require 10 perfect and untradeable CS hammers...

Thats inside info i got there,future patch.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Sandvich - Dreamweaver
    Sandvich - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    No coin fee anymore,it will require 10 perfect and untradeable CS hammers...

Thats inside info i got there,future patch.

But the hammers cost 10 sliver each, right? RIGHT?
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm lazy... and low on chips so it won't tell me :s

It's the second to last cape I'll ever need though ^-^
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    darkjagans wrote: »
    I'd also like to know b:laugh
    I'm lazy... and low on chips so it won't tell me :s

It's the second to last cape I'll ever need though ^-^

I can't recall exactly. Cost is between 3~4 million and whatever someone else said 1xx chips. I'm not logged in to check and a bit sick so my memory's scrambled. It's a lot more attainable for sure.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Pearl and demon belt went from 1xx chips and 5 mil fee to 37 chips and 700k fee, not sure about the tauren cape.
    The fee doesn't show unless you have enough chips.
    b:dirty
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    god help us all :|.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Wha? I'm loving it. 700k for the pearl thanks to an alt and the 40 chips from stash box while I get to hoard chips on my main for lunar stuff? Yes pls.

Granted, a lot of people spent a fortune on the stuff, but it's no different than a veno spending 25mil on a pet, only to have a sale a week later where every nub veno and their neighbour get the same thing for half the price. Or people buying a boa for 30 mil and having it go on sale for 40gold. Deal with it I guess.
  • poures
    poures Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Wha? I'm loving it. 700k for the pearl thanks to an alt and the 40 chips from stash box while I get to hoard chips on my main for lunar stuff? Yes pls.

Granted, a lot of people spent a fortune on the stuff, but it's no different than a veno spending 25mil on a pet, only to have a sale a week later where every nub veno and their neighbour get the same thing for half the price. Or people buying a boa for 30 mil and having it go on sale for 40gold. Deal with it I guess.

pet packs on sale only affect venos not everyone.......and the mount sale doesnt ruin economy cause its not a necessity in game, u dont need a mount to be better, but molds are and do apply to all.

yes those sales did suck for some ppl, but dont affect the whole community
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yup all that hard work for misty and pearl and now ppl can just buy both for 6-7m
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Try to understand How I feel now... In one week I manage to get money for misty ring and tauran cape... and now thisb:sad

Like in RL. You buy a new car and as soon as you leave the dealer's room with it, it already lost some value.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    In the incoming future patch, there will be new ways to earn more chips. Which is probably why they adjusted the prices.

Also, there was a lot or difference between some lower level molds that asked for a ton of chips and coins, and other high level molds that asked for ridiculously low amount of chips and money.

From what I saw, the change streamlined the cost of items of relative same level to a relative same value. Which makes more sense than previously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    In the incoming future patch, there will be new ways to earn more chips. Which is probably why they adjusted the prices.

Also, there was a lot or difference between some lower level molds that asked for a ton of chips and coins, and other high level molds that asked for ridiculously low amount of chips and money.

From what I saw, the change streamlined the cost of items of relative same level to a relative same value. Which makes more sense than previously.

Yeah it makes sense that one of the best stat bonuses(hp%)should be cheap...wtf?
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    ಢ_ಢೂ beautiful
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is great for me! I haven't been having any luck in fb89 for Skydemons, now i can just get it for 700k b:laugh
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I hope this is a glitch. I've spent a fortune on my sky demon pearl last week.

~7.8m for the mold

Then a guildie comes up to me and says they have a premade one +5 that they will sell me for 8.5m. I got it. I was trying to resell the mold that I got before with no luck yet, and now this!?

I also know a few people in my guild who are upset with this. Economy has gone whack.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    anyone can help me check how many chips and fee is needed for emperor's sign, a tt99 gold mat >.<
    <--stuck at work
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    anyone can help me check how many chips and fee is needed for emperor's sign, a tt99 gold mat >.<
    <--stuck at work

Gold mats are still the same. Only "change" is on the molds.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    thanks sacred <3.
    sadness, i bought my mold long ago from using chips but still wasted alot of money. i guess i can buy the sky demon's pearl for wilzxen now since its so much cheaper.
  • Heihachii - Heavens Tear
    Heihachii - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    To the person who asked about Tauran Cheiftan Cape, it's around 150 chips now (154? can't quite remember).
  • Adannedhel - Sanctuary
    Adannedhel - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    To the person who asked about Tauran Cheiftan Cape, it's around 150 chips now (154? can't quite remember).

this pole is fale
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and there was adannedhel whom the elves said could not be slain except by mishap or arrow from afar,and became mighty among men and elves

-Silmarillion
  • poures
    edited July 2009
    will we get an answer from a gm as to how legit this price change is? pls b:surrender
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hey Everyone,

The answer is pretty straight forward. In the coming weeks a new NPC will be added to the game, the Bounty Hunter. This NPC will provide players with a new daily quest to kill different bosses within the game for extra EXP/rewards. The highest tier of rewards includes stacks of chips, hence the increased cost for some items.

Phew, pretty refreshing not having to be vague for once. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • poures
    edited July 2009
    b:puzzledb:puzzledb:puzzled
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

The answer is pretty straight forward. In the coming weeks a new NPC will be added to the game, the Bounty Hunter. This NPC will provide players with a new daily quest to kill different bosses within the game for extra EXP/rewards. The highest tier of rewards includes stacks of chips, hence the increased cost for some items.

Is the highest tier reward lvl based or selectable? or use some other system?
  • TieuKieu - Heavens Tear
    TieuKieu - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

ok increased cost for some items is understandable, what about decreased cost of A LOT items like misty ring, sky's necklace.....b:angry
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ok increased cost for some items is understandable, what about decreased cost of A LOT items like misty ring, sky's necklace.....b:angry

It seems all mold prices have been normalized.

All weapons are now about the same chip cost.

Same with armor and ornaments.

There is not much difference in cost between a misty forest ring and a heavenly lord ring.

Overall I think the new prices are an improvement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009

There was an overall re balancing of the pricing of these items. Some were increased, some decreased. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silaba
    silaba Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It's hard trying to run a MMO.
    If you give too little updates, people will be mad. If you give too much updates, people will be mad. Either way people will be mad. And, for every update, there is always a group of players who dislike it. Therefore, you are probably not going to make everyone happy, unless of course, you are the ultimate gaming host.

QFT. It's true.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The only people who are mad are those whose assets lost value. Now, the chip costs for various molds actually makes sense. It'll make things easier for the rest of us. I'm sure those who can afford Misty Forest rings before have more than enough money anyway.