Organized Consignment

SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver
SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
The problem with lag around consignment shops just keeps getting worse. It makes it quite difficult to turn in your quests when your computer freezes because there are too many consignment shops around.

First off, I think that the consignment shops should vanish from the screen like the players do when you hit the High Quality button (Ctrl + F9). That will decrease some lag.

Second, in real life, you can't just set up shop wherever you want. There are licenses you have to buy, and the area you're in needs to be zoned for business. I think we need a system for consignment shops more like that. I think there needs to be specific areas added to the big cities for consignment shops to gather. There should also be a limit on how many consignment shops there can be in an area. This way we can decrease lag and increase the overall performance of the client.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Khina - Heavens Tear
    Khina - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The problem with lag around consignment shops just keeps getting worse. It makes it quite difficult to turn in your quests when your computer freezes because there are too many consignment shops around.

First off, I think that the consignment shops should vanish from the screen like the players do when you hit the High Quality button (Ctrl + F9). That will decrease some lag.

Second, in real life, you can't just set up shop wherever you want. There are licenses you have to buy, and the area you're in needs to be zoned for business. I think we need a system for consignment shops more like that. I think there needs to be specific areas added to the big cities for consignment shops to gather. There should also be a limit on how many consignment shops there can be in an area. This way we can decrease lag and increase the overall performance of the client.

This is a major problem in West Archosaur, I see waayyy to many consigment shops cluttering up the place and many of them don't have anything useful to sell or to overpriced. I do like your idea of having some type of limit to how many (cat shops or cash shops.... whatever) per player. And your idea of a permit scroll or license scroll to buy should be made into a quest with a large fee. This would prevent repeat offenders from making more characters just for consignment shops around large cities.
  • Hycinth - Dreamweaver
    Hycinth - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I agree that the shops are a problem. But another prolem you can run into is the lag sinply moing to thier new home. I think a boundry could be set in place. Much like a boundry on a mob. You get to close and you eith run, die or do both XD But yeah. if there was a way to install some sort of limit to space em out that would work. Oh and while you are at it, would you please make it so they CAN'T be ontop of or right by an npc? this is very annoying expecially at west arch bank, apoth and black smith.If you try and click around players to get an npc and you get a rotten cat shop.
  • Khina - Heavens Tear
    Khina - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I agree that the shops are a problem. But another prolem you can run into is the lag sinply moing to thier new home. I think a boundry could be set in place. Much like a boundry on a mob. You get to close and you eith run, die or do both XD But yeah. if there was a way to install some sort of limit to space em out that would work. Oh and while you are at it, would you please make it so they CAN'T be ontop of or right by an npc? this is very annoying expecially at west arch bank, apoth and black smith.If you try and click around players to get an npc and you get a rotten cat shop.

OMG, I just hate that cat shops shop should NEVER be on a NPCb:angry or NEAR/NEXT too a NPC. Grounds for a high fee for posting shop next to one. LOL
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    OK I agree with the Catshops not being allowed on or Blocking the View of NPC's it's rather annoying even using the shift+mouse click to target the NPC. As to the hiding of catshops unless they've done something silly with the code (making them pre-load all their visible equipment, and the list of what their selling to your Computer) I don't see them as a problem.

Granted if they allowed us to target nearest NPC and Toggle through closest NPC (Shift+Tab, Tab) That'd be wonderful.
  • SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver
    SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My thread seems to have hit a nerve(everything going according to plan *sinister smile*b:laugh).

If someone can tell me how, I'd like to start a poll on this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]