IS there a reason?

Nekoqal - Harshlands
Nekoqal - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
Really, ok so i know that im on a pvp serve and i know theres probably a bunch of people already complained but its really annoying when u get pked whilst flying and the nearest town is like 3 mins fly away, and theres someone waiting for lower lv players to come and just attacked out of no where. Is there a reason for this like reputation or whatever or are u ppl just bullies with no life??b:angry or at least can gm make us able to revive where we die because its really annoying wasting my time flying back and forth for an out for what 1 mob kill before a phoenix come out of nowhere and kill u?
Post edited by Nekoqal - Harshlands on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    PvP Server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Uiztrollin - Harshlands
    Uiztrollin - Harshlands Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Their reason? To get you mad/annoyed. By looking at this thread I say it worked.
  • Nekoqal - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    well aren't Gm gonna do anything about this? how long has this game been like this??b:angry
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Once again.....It is a PvP server.

Once you turn level 30 = Free For All

Yes...I was there and it was not cool but it gets better. And if have to, just teleport.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Our users must consider the type of server that they choose when creating a character. Unfortunately it is not possible to punish anyone for PKing on a server made specifically for PVP.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The game was like this long before it became this version. There are PvE servers which were introduced especially for people like yourself, who do not enjoy the random aspect of PvP servers. I'd suggest you join one of those, instead of whinging for the GMs to do something about an integral part of an entire server, which many people *gasp* enjoy!
  • Nekoqal - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    well i didnt know when i started playing a week ago about this stuffs but is there a way i can transfer my char to another serve?*guessing not*
    ps i wasnt asking for ppl to get punish
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    There is no way to do this (at least not currently) - I suggest starting again.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Just level up, get stronger, and you might be able to stand a chance. I still get killed by ppl 20+ lvls higher than me, but now when someone attacks me I have a good chance of fighting back and killing them, unless it's some level 80+
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Just level up, get stronger, and you might be able to stand a chance. I still get killed by ppl 20+ lvls higher than me, but now when someone attacks me I have a good chance of fighting back and killing them, unless it's some level 80+

This is good advice and the only advice there is for PvP servers. You just have to tough it out. Getting higher levels on PvP servers seems so much more gratifying.
  • BMo - Harshlands
    BMo - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Our users must consider the type of server that they choose when creating a character. Unfortunately it is not possible to punish anyone for PKing on a server made specifically for PVP.

Wait what?

Last night a GM came online on Harshlands and said that PKing lowbies in SP is bannable a.k.a. grieving. But now you say otherwise?
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Wait what?

Last night a GM came online on Harshlands and said that PKing lowbies in SP is bannable a.k.a. grieving. But now you say otherwise?

You obviously didn't get what I mean, allow me to clarify. If you are killed once while flying, that is not punishable. Obviously if you are camping lowbies that is not allowed. Note that I said it is not possible to punish anyone "for PKing". PKing and PK harassment are two very different things.
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    @Spoons:

Can you explain the difference? Because if I kill someone once, and then they start hurling abuse at me, would it count as harassment if I killed them again in retribution for their words? Could I report them for harassing me with harsh language?

It seems to just be a vicious cycle that leads from one good-natured gank to an endless camping spree because someone doesn't understand what a PvP server is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ultra_Voilet - Harshlands
    Ultra_Voilet - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I Know Its so annoying whn im flying and someone from a high lvl faction jut 1 hits me.Im Getting Sick of it i know it PvP but some people jut do it to annoy you b:angry
  • Northward - Lost City
    Northward - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    When I chose a server to play on, I was to eager and didn't really understand the difference between a PvE and PvP server.

I have been Pked a lot since then!

And in the beginning I was furious! Not so much about the PKing itself, but that so high levels found the pleasence of killing lowbies like myself. I now understand that they just wanna look as red as possible to get some sort of status.

But, as the times goes by, and you have played a few month, just do as I do:
    Suck it up, and just let it go. There is NO meaning of curshing and swearing to the one that PK you.
    First of all, they might enjoy you're reaction.
    Second; it will not lead you to anything other than blowing off some steam...but on the other hand, maybe that can help you suck it up better. :o)

Last word: The lowbies that are PKed will surely PK other lowbies when they're higher levels...isn't that ironic?

Happy hunting!
  • _azazel_ - Lost City
    _azazel_ - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You obviously didn't get what I mean, allow me to clarify. If you are killed once while flying, that is not punishable. Obviously if you are camping lowbies that is not allowed. Note that I said it is not possible to punish anyone "for PKing". PKing and PK harassment are two very different things.

Well, even then, that doesn't make much sense, does it? Harassment is generally seen as intent to cause someone harm, or in this case, minor annoyance. You're referring to camping an area, though. They aren't intentionally ruining an individuals, or even a groups, experience, just hanging around in an area where there will be a good number of easy PK kills. Is it annoying? Yeah, that's why I don't do it. Is it necessarily hostile? No. There's plenty of annoying people in this game. If you start banning people because they're annoying, you'll run out of players awful quick.

It's the same opinion I have towards banning for glitch abuse. People shouldn't be banned for things the game mechanics allowed, unless you're intentionally harassing somebody. I only know of a couple glitches in this game (granted, I know there's more, but these are the ones I'm familiar with). 1. Flesh Ream on Veno pets- easy fix, but nobody feels like correcting it, so it's allowed: I don't care. 2. Archer's (think it's archers) AOE that's used during zhen grinding- easy fix, but nobody feels like correcting it, so it's allowed: I don't care. 3. The door in FB29 that a veno can use it's pet to pull the boss through- easy fix, but nobody feels like correcting it, but it's bannable: Huh? Really? Saves maybe a few minutes in that ONE FB, but otherwise ineffectual, but that's a major problem? Really?!?

I don't care about the minor glitches people use to enhance their character's power. It IS rather ridiculous, though, to ban other people for exploiting other glitches that have as little or less affect on the game than the ones you allow. Really, how many users have you had complain about the door glitch in comparison to those who complain about the Flesh Ream glitch?

Either way, don't mean to ***** at you personally, Spoons, I know you guys don't set the rules, just think it's an odd policy.