RP Servers!

jollyjess
jollyjess Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
I think there should be at least one server made specifically for those that prefer the Role Playing aspect of the game.
Post edited by jollyjess on

Comments

• Garmr - Harshlands
    Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This has been suggested before. As I mentioned on the other thread, it's highly unlikely that they'd make one - the number of people who want to RP within this game is very low, and there wouldn't be enough support for the server to be populated. It wouldn't be financially viable, especially since two new servers (no where near full) were recently opened this past Spring. Each server costs money to run, maintain, and repair, so we probably won't be getting new servers any time soon.

If you're looking for a good RP hub, Sanctuary server seems to be the place to go.
    Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.
  • Elunetheria - Sanctuary
    Elunetheria - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Actually, you'd be surprised by how many RPers are out there. I've even met some people that have done nothing but PvP, but have come over to RP servers (In WoW and NWN) because they were curious and wanted to try another aspect of the game.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Actually, you'd be surprised by how many RPers are out there. I've even met some people that have done nothing but PvP, but have come over to RP servers (In WoW and NWN) because they were curious and wanted to try another aspect of the game.

You can already RP in this game, either on pve or pvp servers. There is nothing in the game that would require a server for just RPs. IF you were going to make each race at war with eachother, that would go against RP, since the history behind PW is that there was a war long ago, but now all races live in peace. In addition, since classes are race specific, it would make it all but impossible to balance... for example, the tank class would not have anyone to heal it, since the cleric class is elve.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.