Why?

Eirian - Dreamweaver
Eirian - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
Ok, I go through a lot of posts when I read through this forum,and I want to know why so many people complain and especially argue? Their always complaining or arguing over something,like they can't get the item they want cause it costs to much or people will argue over aspects of the game.So I ask why can people just try to get along!? I realize that not everyone can see eye to eye, to ask that would be both ridiculous and impossible,but must we constantly argue and put down others?If your trying to make a point putting down or insulting someone dose not get your point across,if fact when I see people doing that I rather tend to ignore them as I find such a rant immature and disrespectful.Everyone has their own opinion,let's just agree to disagree.as for things being hard to get,I have not found that to be the case,others may have had different experiences,but I usually find if I grind a few hours and sell the drops that I can get the items I need.I also ask to please not turn this into a flame thread as I am only trying to say that I think it is unnecessary to put down and insult people.
Characters:
Eirian-Cleric/JulieHime-Venomancer-Proud member of WolfPack/ChastityHope-Archer/
Ralphina-Blademaster/Calanthia-Wizard/RainbowLight-Cleric
Post edited by Eirian - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Paladin - Harshlands
    Paladin - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ok, I go through a lot of posts when I read through this forum,and I want to know why so many people complain and especially argue? Their always complaining or arguing over something,like they can't get the item they want cause it costs to much or people will argue over aspects of the game.So I ask why can people just try to get along!? I realize that not everyone can see eye to eye, to ask that would be both ridiculous and impossible,but must we constantly argue and put down others?If your trying to make a point putting down or insulting someone dose not get your point across,if fact when I see people doing that I rather tend to ignore them as I find such a rant immature and disrespectful.Everyone has their own opinion,let's just agree to disagree.as for things being hard to get,I have not found that to be the case,others may have had different experiences,but I usually find if I grind a few hours and sell the drops that I can get the items I need.I also ask to please not turn this into a flame thread as I am only trying to say that I think it is unnecessary to put down and insult people.

Reads better imho >.<

As for what you are talking about, these things happen, it's human nature or else we would have had worldwide peace by now.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    *complains*
    Why must u blind my eyes with that color >.<

there are 3 categories:

1) Pure fun threads b:pleased

2) QQ threads- basicaly "I want I want" threads

3) Justice threads- threads that are put up as complaining, yet their reason being in hopes for the larger population (or mod/admins) to realize there is injustice in a particular situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    get over it, while sometimes QQ threads and players may seems just dumb ppl they contribute innovation, bug fixing and make ppl think about different points and other ppl's views

QQ will always exist, if in this game there was only 1 set of gear no refines and 1 class we'll be QQing about the guy that can play 10 minutes more than us at this game and level a bit faster
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    1) People need something to complain about

2) People like to hide behind there avatars and alts to say things they might not otherwise say

3) Boredom

4) Fun

5) Nothing better to do

----> Could be any number of reasons really. It is what humans do b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Eirian - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    I don't have a problem with people reporting bugs, discussing or things like that,I don't even have a problem with a disagreement on the forum,I mean all the arguing and name calling on some of the forums,and at times even in game.I just think it's possible to get your point across without putting down or insulting someone.

Oh I use the purple cause it's my favorite color, it's my trademark^^.
    Characters:
    Eirian-Cleric/JulieHime-Venomancer-Proud member of WolfPack/ChastityHope-Archer/
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I don't have a problem with people reporting bugs, discussing or things like that,I don't even have a problem with a disagreement on the forum,I mean all the arguing and name calling on some of the forums,and at times even in game.I just think it's possible to get your point across without putting down or insulting someone.

Oh I use the purple cause it's my favorite color, it's my trademark^^.
    oh ignore those peeps =o counseling is needed.
    Like I said in one thread,

If a child lives with criticism,
    he learns to condemn.
    If a child lives with hostility,
    he learns to fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Eirian - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    oh ignore those peeps =o counseling is needed.
    Like I said in one thread,

If a child lives with criticism,
    he learns to condemn.
    If a child lives with hostility,
    he learns to fight.

I like your saying,probably true in a lot of situations too.
    Characters:
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Some people just like to complain, you get used to it
  • Narcotic - Harshlands
    Narcotic - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Why do people start threads complaining about other people complaining? This has got to be about the 5th time i have seen a thread berating people who debate in this forum.

You can learn a lot by listening to 2 or more people debate an issue.

Also i think many are writing about something they don't like in the game, hoping it will be changed, improved or fixed, which to them, will improve the game. Most are passionate about the game and want it to be as good as possible, so they list their grievances.
  • Topnotch - Heavens Tear
    Topnotch - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It's true and it's also very strange that most of those complaining people are from Harshland servers...all the not wanted ego pr1cks from the other servers have probably gathered there. yay!
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Why do people start threads complaining about other people complaining? This has got to be about the 5th time i have seen a thread berating people who debate in this forum.

Why do people complain about threads complaining about people complaining?

Ack! Now you have me complaining about people complaing about threads complaining about people complaining!
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited July 2009

As with any forum, you will always read about everyone and their separate oppinions whether agree or disagree. All forums of any category will continue to always have 50/50% posts. People will always make the excuse that either they are complaining about, standing up for, or justifying this and that. The internet is a place for people to express things and views that they ordinarily wouldnt say to anyone in real life. What is the point in insulting someone you will never meet? What is the point of posting a view that is nothing more than linked to a picture of pixels or make-believe character. There is no consequences in this type of situation and everyone feels a sense of freedom other than what they would normally feel. People wont get along because of the separate oppinions. But thats life. Ive seen posts on this forum among every forum I have read through and its the same where-ever you go and it will always be that way. If I decide to add my 2 cents and someone disagrees with me then so what. Who cares? Posting a view is not an obligation to get along with anyone because you cant make everyone happy or even see your point the way you may see it. In real life I am a very respectful person and I try to carry that over to cyberspace with me. Share your views if you choose to. If others dont agree then thats their right. They have a voice also and freedon to voice their own oppinion that you may not agree with or like either. But in all, if someone wants to add insult and be that ignorant to someone they dont know and will probably never meet then thats their own stupidity. Just laugh at them and tell them to have a nice day and dont let it bother you. Its only a forum, the internet and nothing special anyway.
  • Moofles - Sanctuary
    Moofles - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Sometimes it feels nice to complain. And some people complain in hopes of starting an argument. A lot of people enjoy arguing. lol. And its hard for people to always see eye to eye and get along. With so many people playing this game and the other games, there are bound to be many different points of view and those will clash with others points of views. Which for the most part will cause arguing, debating, or even complaining.
    If you care about your postal workers, then please stop sending letters to Silent Hill. Good Lord they hate that place.
  • Eirian - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009

You can learn a lot by listening to 2 or more people debate an issue.

Also i think many are writing about something they don't like in the game, hoping it will be changed, improved or fixed, which to them, will improve the game. Most are passionate about the game and want it to be as good as possible, so they list their grievances.

I never said I had a problem with people debating or expressing their opinion,what I have the problem with is people arguing and putting down or insulting other people when it's not necessary.Debating can be done without arguing or insult.
    Characters:
  • Narcotic - Harshlands
    Narcotic - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    But much more entertaining reading when peppered with insults and put downs.

Why do people complain about threads complaining about people complaining?

Ack! Now you have me complaining about people complaing about threads complaining about people complaining!

Unbelievable, this guy is complaining about me complaining about the OP complaining about other members always complaining. WTF. You must be just he type of person that caused this thread to begin with you complainer. Some nerve buddy.
  • kkammy
    kkammy Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Complains FTW!!!! You are already complaining about people complaining too much LOL Get a life outside a Forum and Good luck not finding complaining there .. Complaining is part of the Human been as it's ranting and putting others down. Welcome to Earth! lol

Complaining is like Oxigen, wherever theres people alive u will find it
  • Eirian - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    kkammy wrote: »
    Complains FTW!!!! You are already complaining about people complaining too much LOL Get a life outside a Forum and Good luck not finding complaining there .. Complaining is part of the Human been as it's ranting and putting others down. Welcome to Earth! lol

Complaining is like Oxigen, wherever theres people alive u will find it

No complaining dose not have to done ether irl or in game, but again it's not so much that I have the problem with, but rather the way it's done.and not to get to testy about my "having no life outside this forum" I happen to be an artist and a ballroom dancer.
    Characters:
  • Baraya - Dreamweaver
    Baraya - Dreamweaver Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Complaining is a basic necessity of life. Debates are fun. Anymore questions?

Seriously, though, let's analyze how these complaints and debates start. Let's consider your original post. You complained about these issues, thus you already answered that question for yourself. Plus, you flamed people who do those things causing them to want to complain about you. Now, there are many things in your post that I disagree with. So, with my desire to complain about the OP stirred up, I can't resist but to state my opinions about it. You will decide to argue with my opinions in defense of your post and the whole thing just continues from there into a debate.

Do you understand now? It's been nice chatting with you. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eirian - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Complaining is a basic necessity of life. Debates are fun. Anymore questions?

Seriously, though, let's analyze how these complaints and debates start. Let's consider your original post. You complained about these issues, thus you already answered that question for yourself. Plus, you flamed people who do those things causing them to want to complain about you. Now, there are many things in your post that I disagree with. So, with my desire to complain about the OP stirred up, I can't resist but to state my opinions about it. You will decide to argue with my opinions in defense of your post and the whole thing just continues from there into a debate.

Do you understand now? It's been nice chatting with you. >.>

No I do not so much have a problem with people complaining.And I did not flame anyone,in my opinion flaming someone means putting down or insulting someone.And I did not,and it's those things I have the problem with.You have no idea how many times I've seen people put down insult and even be outright mean to people who did nothing,even people who merely ask a question get this kind of treatment sometimes and I don't think it's right.I'm not asking people to always agree,but debating can be done with out being mean to someone which is what a lot of people seem to do.
    Characters:
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If there was none of what you mentioned that annoys you on this forum,it would be D E A D

edit/Ok not completely dead,there would be hundreds of threads discussing your new fashions i guess,but that equates to dead for me anyways.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Daerina - Heavens Tear
    Daerina - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Why are there so many QQ'ers and generally mean people and topics on the forums?

this may have something to do with it:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=331572
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Daerina~Lvl79 Venomancer
    Sunny_Dae~Lvl41 Cleric
    follow me on twitter b:victory twitter.com/Daerina
  • Baraya - Dreamweaver
    Baraya - Dreamweaver Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No I do not so much have a problem with people complaining.And I did not flame anyone,in my opinion flaming someone means putting down or insulting someone.And I did not,and it's those things I have the problem with.You have no idea how many times I've seen people put down insult and even be outright mean to people who did nothing,even people who merely ask a question get this kind of treatment sometimes and I don't think it's right.I'm not asking people to always agree,but debating can be done with out being mean to someone which is what a lot of people seem to do.
    You know, the irony is that this is one of the most respectful forums I've seen. You should have been around when these forums first opened up. There were a lot of griefers around. Better yet, you should go chat on some really bad forums like Xbox. They'll make a person cry. LOL. Can you see how someone on these forums could be offended by your OP? That's why I wrote my post. (You were doing the same thing that you were complaining about.) I've had a lot of experience with online forums. Maybe you need some more experience, yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    sometimes people forget to take in consideration 'their opinion/the truth' is the same thing as 'being an ****' and offend others.

sometimes you have people who think their way is the only, non negotiable way to do things.

alot of people here have huge egos/want attention drawn to themselves, and so when they lose to something in PVP, they try to claim its overpowered or broken. oft times its not.

and sometimes its just ungrateful idiocy.

(if you wanna see REALLY bad, goto irowiki's forums, theyre worse than /b/. they find people to hunt you down, get your bank info, **** your game account, send you death threats etc.)
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    sometimes people forget to take in consideration 'their opinion/the truth' is the same thing as 'being an ****' and offend others.

sometimes you have people who think their way is the only, non negotiable way to do things.

alot of people here have huge egos/want attention drawn to themselves, and so when they lose to something in PVP, they try to claim its overpowered or broken. oft times its not.

and sometimes its just ungrateful idiocy.

(if you wanna see REALLY bad, goto irowiki's forums, theyre worse than /b/. they find people to hunt you down, get your bank info, **** your game account, send you death threats etc.)

Lmao don't you dare come in here acting as pure as snow,you're as guilty as the rest,if not more.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet