Money Money Money

Options
Ari_m - Dreamweaver
Ari_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Tideswell (East)
I've noticed that a lot of things on dreamweaver server cost wayyy more than they do on other servers. Will prices just keep rising or will they eventually fall(hopefully)? Im just soooo poor to buy anything on this serverb:cry
Post edited by Ari_m - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm guessing that prices will keep going up. Everything's getting more expensive every time there's some kind of sale and even though people complain they still buy charms, exp scrolls, GAs, etc because they've become dependent on those nifty little items. One would think that the prices would go back down in time, but after everyone's been paying the inflated prices for a while then they'll become used to the higher prices and the sellers won't feel the need to lower their prices because they'll keep selling. It sucks but that's what seems to be happening on Dreamweaver.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    b:sad im srry, i wish i can help u b:surrender.On Sanctuary prices are more..fair.
    Create a veno alt, lvl up ,veno grind faster for money,do some caves solo and play the Auction House , buy v cheap and resell(thi sounds like a stimulation for higher prices but if u keep a lil low price than others u still can resell/sell fast) b:bye G luck b:bye

Ari_m see this http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3485202#post3485202
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Create a veno alt, lvl up ,veno grind faster for money,do some caves solo and play the Auction House , buy v cheap and resell(thi sounds like a stimulation for higher prices but if u keep a lil low price than others u still can resell/sell fast) b:bye G luck b:bye

Buying/reselling plays a large part in a servers inflation. But, if you don't do it, you can guarentee that someone else will. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    As the server matures, I think prices will go down. However, I do not think that they'll come anywhere close to HT or Sanctuary prices. Keep the ratio 150% in mind as a minimum, especially in gold prices.
    hai2u
  • Sandvich - Dreamweaver
    Sandvich - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Wait, you're telling me, that the prices I been paying are wrong?!!?
    Since this is my first server, I never know.
    Somehow, I can only access Dreamweaver and uh, Harshland.
  • Kimicat - Sanctuary
    Kimicat - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ummm i dont know where youve been but im on sanctuary and right now the prices are in their 140s for gold i cant even buy spurs =/ its getting rediculous an im getting sick of it to the point where i wanna quit. the only thing stopping me is ive put ALOT of real money into this game
  • Drewben - Dreamweaver
    Drewben - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    There is a simple way to lower prices, the people that are buying them high need to stop and that will be the end of it, people are being idiots in the sense that they don't realize that if every1 lowers their prices, the sellers will have to lower them too
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    True enough Drewben, but the fact is that many people "need" to have a certain item and they need to have them now. As long as there are people willing to pay the inflated prices then those who are selling will see no reason to lower their prices (unless they are suddenly struck by a bubbly feeling of good will, at which point any resellers who see the lower prices will immediately buy up everything and sell at their "normal" prices).
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ummm i dont know where youve been but im on sanctuary and right now the prices are in their 140s for gold i cant even buy spurs =/ its getting rediculous an im getting sick of it to the point where i wanna quit. the only thing stopping me is ive put ALOT of real money into this game

On Dreamweaver, Gold is 190k+. 140k was the MINIMUM when there were no sales or anything b:cry.
  • Obvi - Dreamweaver
    Obvi - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    umm kimicat you guys have it alot better then us gold prices are up to about 190k as the lowest price!!!!!b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Dark_Haru - Dreamweaver
    Dark_Haru - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    it is true that gold price are cheaper on the first 3 server but we can't stop hoping that gold price will also drop in dreamweaver xD
  • Larxene - Dreamweaver
    Larxene - Dreamweaver Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    it is true that gold price are cheaper on the first 3 server but we can't stop hoping that gold price will also drop in dreamweaver xD

From what I have heard this is actually true, but those servers started earlier than Dreamweaver (started in March 2009). So the first three servers have had a time to stabilise their gold prices, thus resulting in cheaper prices.

Gold prices always increase around events as there is a greater need for people to buy, therefore a greater profit can be made. The only problem that we have had is that for the last couple of weeks there has been event after event and a new patch added, the server has had no time to let its gold prices drop. Yesterday I saw prices for the minium above 200k with the most expenisve being at 245k for a maximum.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Other servers dropped prices on items as they matured, DW has just increased prices on newer items. For example, it's still quite easy to sell TT1-1 items at 100-110k, I would like to see you do that on other servers. As a result, gold is more expensive in order to have the same purchasing power, which increases the price of boutique items, and most items in general have followed this pattern. Simple to explain really, and outside of value to npc's everything holds the same relative worth more or less.
  • Dark_Haru - Dreamweaver
    Dark_Haru - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    From what I have heard this is actually true, but those servers started earlier than Dreamweaver (started in March 2009). So the first three servers have had a time to stabilise their gold prices, thus resulting in cheaper prices.

Gold prices always increase around events as there is a greater need for people to buy, therefore a greater profit can be made. The only problem that we have had is that for the last couple of weeks there has been event after event and a new patch added, the server has had no time to let its gold prices drop. Yesterday I saw prices for the minium above 200k with the most expenisve being at 245k for a maximum.

yes that is true that DW just started in march

200k for gold is expensive even if its the lowest b:shocked b:cry