Whats the best pvp character atm?

nugget6
nugget6 Posts: 16 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Chronicles
hey im wondering whats a good pvp class in pw right now, doesn't have to be good in pve as long as it can kill stuff i can manage b:victory
Post edited by nugget6 on

Comments

• bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    phoenix veno. And they're good at PvE too. But it'll cost a lot of money.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • nugget6
    nugget6 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Are blademaster anygood at pvp? also a phoenix veno is a veno that uses a phoenix as a pet right? I acually havent started the game yet its still installing but i could prob spend rl $ on the game so it wont be too bad.
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    Dimiter - Lost City Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    nugget6 wrote: »
    Are blademaster anygood at pvp? also a phoenix veno is a veno that uses a phoenix as a pet right? I acually havent started the game yet its still installing but i could prob spend rl $ on the game so it wont be too bad.

Blademasters have high evasion and many skills that give them high survivability. This means, they won't do sky high damage but will be able to tackle various enemies and escape with ease, if they need to. That's what makes them good PvP-ers, but not good PK-ers.

Another class with good survivability is the cleric who can heal themselves and also has good buffs and protection spells that can save them in a tricky situation.

About phoenix venomancers, all I can say is, a phoenix can cost as much as $200 so good luck on getting one. If played right, they can PK a lot of people, but their survivability sucks and an archer or cleric can 1-shot them before the phoenix has even gotten close.

Archers and mages, on the other hand, have the highest damage in the game, which allows them to hit extremely hard, but they lack good health and defence and are very likely to die fast if they can't kill the opponent with one or two hits.

All in all, there's no best PvP class. It's all up to how you want to play the game and what you understand as good performance in PvP. If you're looking for survivability, go for blademaster, cleric or even barb. If you want damage, go for archer or mage. If you don't mind spending a lot of cash, go for a phoenix veno.
  • Xxwarxx - Lost City
    Xxwarxx - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This has been said before in another topic. Barbarians after 80 can solo 3-4 people at the same time simply. I've seen one take on 3 pheonixes with no problems. In my opinion it would be Barbarians. No we dont have low damage, and our accuracy isn't low with Bloodbath. All excuses not to play one have been wiped out. Kthxbai
    Forsakenx gunna make mine so be patient =)b:kiss
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This has been said before in another topic. Barbarians after 80 can solo 3-4 people at the same time simply. I've seen one take on 3 pheonixes with no problems. In my opinion it would be Barbarians. No we dont have low damage, and our accuracy isn't low with Bloodbath. All excuses not to play one have been wiped out. Kthxbai

quoted for truth.. except that phoenix part...
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    do not and absloutly not at all and dont even think about picking a mage at all at this game fr any reason the worst PVPers and by far even the worst PVErs so yeah dont pick mage at all unless your an idiot with two horns thah has am an idiot written on them.....*points at himself*

the best is archer and barb pure and simple.....hands down.
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Xx_deity_xx - Sanctuary
    Xx_deity_xx - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Lv 1 - 59 : All Classes Suck at PK except Archers(Provided you got a ranged Advantage) and Venos (Any Crappy Pet would do, just click the 1 button win move - Bramble Array)

Lv 60 - 79 : Archers without a doubt (Can 2 - 3 shot Robed Classes(venos with a Phoenix included), These are the levels when the Magic Classes are gimped and Barbs & BMs start to get a lil bit more powerful.

Lv 80 - 90 : Same as Above, Only BMs and Barbs grow even more powerful, Magic classes grow even weaker due to their lack of PDef & HP while Heavy Armor classes got +HP to compensate for their Lack of MDef.

Lv 90 : Noobs go with Veno of course saying ^^ Get your Phoenix and **** them all ! Uh but wait, We dont see any Barbs and BMs at these lvls do we ? Forgot to let ya know btw,

Barbs : Got Godly HP after 90+ and can kill Stuff even in Tiger Form if picked Sage. Dun think the Phoenix can kill a Barb with 15K+ HP so fast without the Veno getting killed first. b:laugh

BMs : Hmm..... Not a real Match here but, Would the Phoenix even scratch a Sage Axe BM with 30K+ P Def with Physical Defense Alter Skill on + 7K HP ? Uh uh dun think so Veno + Phoenix = Stunned to death before even get to use a skill.

Wizard : Insane for a Wizard to get this lvl. Hats of to any Wizard that even got to this lvl. Wizards can fall Armies of ppl with their Lv 90+ Sage Skills but on the cost of very low HP + P Def so can be as easily taken down, making them, Hmm, not so gud of a PKer ?

Archers : Better than Wizards but no match for barbs or BMs their Level but fairly better than their Veno, Wizard and Cleric Counterparts.

Clerics : O.o; Havent known any Clerics at high Lvls ever PK... Anyone got a Clue ? xD One Pure Magic cleric I saw who was like Lv 90 ish once on MY Server died in FB49 drawing aggro b:surrender Doesnt make them look bad but w/e ~Rolls Eyes~

But really, If you wanna enjoy killing Armies of Ppl, Enlist for a Barb or a BM and rock the world but then again if you wanna sneak and kill ppl be an archer or worst of all a Veno thats **** without your pet b:chuckle

b:bye

And the PK Awards go to :
    #1 > Bms & Barbs (A Tie There)
    #2> Sage Archers (Can Kill most classes with a 36 Metre Range before they know what hit them )
    #3> Venos (Send your Pet at someone and run another way coz your screwed either way if your targeting a Heavy Armor Class you lvl)
    #4> Wizards (Better than their Cleric Counterparts in dealing Damage)
    #5> Clerics ( Almost as gud as their Wizard Counterparts, well you CAN heal yourself )
    #6> All those Venos that respond to this post claiming they are superior with their lame pets owning Noobs several lvls below them (Bet 99.5% of them are Archers, Wizards or Clerics 5 - 10 Lvls below them)
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I beat lvl 77 75 and 71 archers - do not underestimate clerics

ugh.. reading that really made my IQ drop as if it's not already low did you just go ecatomb.net look and skills then just assume all that or what?

Clerics can beat just about any class god you obviosly never dueled a cleric so hear this, acutally play a cleric then rewrite this sheesh I hate it when people run their mouth about stuff that they have no idea about.

BMs that use diamond sutura last ages against barbs

Archers: don't forget to take into account the huge evasion and crit

As for cleric:
    They spike higher damage than archers at level 90+ just under a mage if they use demons spirits gift.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • maxinator
    maxinator Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I beat lvl 77 75 and 71 archers - do not underestimate clerics

ugh.. reading that really made my IQ drop as if it's not already low did you just go ecatomb.net look and skills then just assume all that or what?

Clerics can beat just about any class god you obviosly never dueled a cleric so hear this, acutally play a cleric then rewrite this sheesh I hate it when people run their mouth about stuff that they have no idea about.

BMs that use diamond sutura last ages against barbs

Archers: don't forget to take into account the huge evasion and crit

As for cleric:
    They spike higher damage than archers at level 90+ just under a mage if they use demons spirits gift.
    ha i can take down cleric 10-15 lvls higher than me. and yea i duel with clerics they just sit there helplessly as my awesome bmsness stunlocks them. so roar of pride+aoelinian blade+piering winds +aoelian blade+meteor rush= dead cleric (sometimes dosent even take tht many xD)
  • Scarlet_Rav - Sanctuary
    Scarlet_Rav - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ok really? im a 61 veno and can kill anything up to lvl 70, all it took was good timing with bramble hood. and poison and fire, then run for about 2 seconds, hit again, run to seconds, hit again....and repeat. mind you i only use a crytaline magmite for a pet.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Lv 1 - 59 : All Classes Suck at PK except Archers(Provided you got a ranged Advantage) and Venos (Any Crappy Pet would do, just click the 1 button win move - Bramble Array)

Lv 60 - 79 : Archers without a doubt (Can 2 - 3 shot Robed Classes(venos with a Phoenix included), These are the levels when the Magic Classes are gimped and Barbs & BMs start to get a lil bit more powerful.

Lv 80 - 90 : Same as Above, Only BMs and Barbs grow even more powerful, Magic classes grow even weaker due to their lack of PDef & HP while Heavy Armor classes got +HP to compensate for their Lack of MDef.

Lv 90 : Noobs go with Veno of course saying ^^ Get your Phoenix and **** them all ! Uh but wait, We dont see any Barbs and BMs at these lvls do we ? Forgot to let ya know btw,

Barbs : Got Godly HP after 90+ and can kill Stuff even in Tiger Form if picked Sage. Dun think the Phoenix can kill a Barb with 15K+ HP so fast without the Veno getting killed first. b:laugh

BMs : Hmm..... Not a real Match here but, Would the Phoenix even scratch a Sage Axe BM with 30K+ P Def with Physical Defense Alter Skill on + 7K HP ? Uh uh dun think so Veno + Phoenix = Stunned to death before even get to use a skill.

Wizard : Insane for a Wizard to get this lvl. Hats of to any Wizard that even got to this lvl. Wizards can fall Armies of ppl with their Lv 90+ Sage Skills but on the cost of very low HP + P Def so can be as easily taken down, making them, Hmm, not so gud of a PKer ?

Archers : Better than Wizards but no match for barbs or BMs their Level but fairly better than their Veno, Wizard and Cleric Counterparts.

Clerics : O.o; Havent known any Clerics at high Lvls ever PK... Anyone got a Clue ? xD One Pure Magic cleric I saw who was like Lv 90 ish once on MY Server died in FB49 drawing aggro b:surrender Doesnt make them look bad but w/e ~Rolls Eyes~

But really, If you wanna enjoy killing Armies of Ppl, Enlist for a Barb or a BM and rock the world but then again if you wanna sneak and kill ppl be an archer or worst of all a Veno thats **** without your pet b:chuckle

b:bye

#2> Sage Archers (Can Kill most classes with a 36 Metre Range before they know what hit them )
    #3> Venos (Send your Pet at someone and run another way coz your screwed either way if your targeting a Heavy Armor Class you lvl)
    #5> Clerics ( Almost as gud as their Wizard Counterparts, well you CAN heal yourself )
    #6> All those Venos that respond to this post claiming they are superior with their lame pets owning Noobs several lvls below them (Bet 99.5% of them are Archers, Wizards or Clerics 5 - 10 Lvls below them)

..................................................................................................

Magic classes get BETTER at higher levels

PvP archer = demon. Demon specialty is short duration of burst damage. Sage does more damage in the long run. Archers specialize in PvP and writing them off so easily = fail.

BMs WILL get nuked by nuking classes. If they survive then they're not dishing out as much damage as the dead BM on the ground. Which is fine; to each his own style, but BMs are not walking gods.

Barbs DO get a lot better at higher levels. I'd say they pwn BMs at 90+. Blood bath allows them to land a considerable amount of blows on archers, and because of that I'm more cautious around barbs than BMs.

Wizards OWN at 90+. Whatever wizard had the patience and tenacity to level up this far, IT WILL PAY OFF.

Clerics will PK your butt off. Vit clerics cannot be killed. Don't let full mag cleric catch you off guard. They cast MUCH faster than wizards and are harder to drop.

Venos....need to be buffed. That's why I keep saying venos should be improved and flesh ream fixed. I truly think venos should get better skills. Their flesh ream pets WILL kill you though.

..............................................is it just me or did you base most of your arguments around phoenix? You get killed by nixes THAT much huh?

@ OP: If you like solo PKing, clerics and archers are good choices. They have flexible attack types with their own getaway skills. Wizards probably won't pay off until high level, so if you have the patience.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Monochrom - Sanctuary
    Monochrom - Sanctuary Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    What about waiting till everyone reaches the level cap? Then we can prove intead of spamming a forum with different suspicions.
  • frenzi
    frenzi Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    God damn.
    Everyone thinks venos SUCK without a phoenix.
    You're all so wrong...
  • Xxwarxx - Lost City
    Xxwarxx - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Thank you. Also after 60 Barbarians if played right can still beat pheonixes/hercules. I've done it a few times, of course it takes a charm. I also have 8.7k hp in tiger form and I'm not even a tank build. Also another thanks for pointing out the veno part.
    Forsakenx gunna make mine so be patient =)b:kiss
  • QohellfireoQ - Harshlands
    QohellfireoQ - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009

3 pheonixesb:laugh dont think that possible unless the barb predition 3 robe venos before nixes even attack
  • Topnotch - Heavens Tear
    Topnotch - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Let me clear it up a bit

1-90 -> Veno w/ nix.
    90+ -> barb/mg/nix veno with good refines.
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    nugget6 wrote: »
    hey im wondering whats a good pvp class in pw right now, doesn't have to be good in pve as long as it can kill stuff i can manage b:victory

Untamed in general is very strong in pvp 90+, they get loads of hp per vita and have amazing skills and high survivability. So barb or veno +nix.

If you only plan on getting like lvl 60-70 archers are pretty decent for lowbie pk, and they lvl fast. Tho they kinda suck 90+ when all other classes catch up and get decent hp and archers suddenly lack dmg. Archer is probably one of the weakest 1v1 classes 90+ unless you have a highly refined bow. They really only **** badly geared out mages/clerics.
  • BludShot - Lost City
    BludShot - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    OMG!!! every one know its the BOWbaraian that is the pkerrrr masterrrr!!
    b:surrender
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I don't really get how wizards "own" at 90+. Yeah, they get a lot better, but a phoenix will still murder you even if you have anti bleed and whatever else, unless the veno just sucks. Barbs and BMs are still a pain without pvp pots too.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I was told it's 'cause wiz at 9X can get really, really good pdef and hp. Heavy refinements and some expensive shards, amongst with earth shield (demon version would be just OP lol). Theoretically, it is possible to get pdef close to heavy armor users; quite expensive of course. Still not pwnage, but if you consider endgame chars (i mean REALLY endgame, not just some 9X lowbies lol) wiz looks as most powerful. That's must be source of those rumors. Very, very few can get there though.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Necromancy isn't allowed, please don't resurrect old posts b:surrender

02-25-2009 08:23 PM
  • savvey
    savvey Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Iv just started the game and i want to know how to get in pvp and fight other people and i want to know what world to make my player in harshland?? or what please help b:pleased
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    savvey wrote: »
    Iv just started the game and i want to know how to get in pvp and fight other people and i want to know what world to make my player in harshland?? or what please help b:pleased

Are you blind?
    Read the post above you. Start a new thread if the thread that's relevant to your question is old, don't bump it.
    Necromancy isn't allowed, please don't resurrect old posts b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥