Questions, please help

Stilllove - Harshlands
Stilllove - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Have been playing for a while now and a few questions arose, mainly about events:

1 - when does dragon temple event start / what happens in it

(i think its 8pm tuesday but thats 4am for me, maybe you guys should have one 12 hours later to accomodate more people around the world, perhaps this has even been asked before, is it possible?)

2 - what is the snake island dungeon race / what is the monthly race qualifier tickets that you get do?

3 - How come the game opened september and the arenas are still ''coming soon''?

4 - what about other events that other version seem to have but PWI doesn't? Is there a technical reasoning behind this?

THanks
Post edited by Stilllove - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kulonwe - Lost City
    Kulonwe - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    As far as I can tell from reading through these forums. Perfect World International is not a full release of the game. Because, of that features are being slowly added in, that are already available in the Chinese or Malaysian versions. Again, I'm not sure but the technical reasons behind this could be that the code had to be translated, the U.S. doesn't have full rights to the Chinese game, etc...
    My advice is keep playing and be patient, eventually we'll catch up. ^^
  • Stilllove - Harshlands
    Stilllove - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    BUMP - Thanks for the explanation - can someone now explain my events questions?
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm pretty sure Dragon Temple opens at 7PM Tuesdays server time. It is an underwater, PK-enabled treasure hunt. You swim around trying to avoid/kill mobs guarding chests that contain parts of a prize. You also have to deal with PK as everyone (white, blue or red named) is in PvP within the instance. This used to be the only way to get bathing suits. Now, I don't know what draws people (if anything) to participate other than the PK.

The Snake Island Race happens several times a day. I know one of the times is 9:30 PM server time. I think another is 12:30 PM and there may even be a third time even more inconvenient from my time zone. You race three laps aound a course set on an island. There are "obstacles" which hit you with buffs/debuffs (speed boost, slow, etc). As people finish the race, they get a chance to open one of five chests with monthly race qualifiers. The monthly race is still not implemented. So, the only real prize is the 5K EXP and a badge that can be traded for SP (2K unless you save them up and combine to get a bit more per badge).
    "?" IS my avatar.