Kun Kun

Options
Brucutu - Dreamweaver
Brucutu - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Yesterday I found a quest where I had to kill a mob called Kun Kun, and I had to do it alone.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/mob/11153

Problem is, Kun Kun is level 100 (that's right, ONE HUNDRED!!). Needless to say, I abandoned the quest without even trying.

Although he seems to be pretty weak (phys. attack = 1-1), but with 100,000 phys. defense.

WTF??? Does PWI honestly expect a lvl 28 Barb to beat a lvl 100 mob without help?????
Post edited by Brucutu - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yes, because he has exactly 100 hit points.

He's easy, just melee him for a while and careful not to aggro the mobs around him.
  • geisterkatze
    geisterkatze Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If you have read the sticky Comprehensive List of Quest Guides, which links to the thread Quests levels 20-29, you would have known that it isn't that hard to defeat.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You need to get a squad for him. At least 3 clerics and a barb with 20k hp and 2 good DDs.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • geisterkatze
    geisterkatze Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You need to get a squad for him. At least 3 clerics and a barb with 20k hp and 2 good DDs.
    Kun Kun
    -Continued on from Quest "Beauty Chang's Wish"
    -Kill 1 KunLun (White Deer found around 432, 556)
    -Boss Battle [Level 100] 5 Element Defense, No attack skills, low HP, Fast movement speed, Escape type.
    -Cannot kill while in party. Must solo.
    -Magical Attacks are nullified due to 5 element resistance and level. Must be killed with physical attacks
    -Caution: This mob runs around a lot in an area that has many agro type mobs. Be careful in following it.

Are you sure about the squad?
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

= sarcasm

;)

But having mentioned that, having a party kill it for you does not work but I think being in a party is OK.

Regardless, this boss is easy, have no fear barbarian!
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    *lures Kun Kun to The Silver Pool*

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Prediction - Lost City
    Prediction - Lost City Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    it's a frikin fake boss >.> lmao you should be able to 5 shot him

oh wait you're a barb...maybe some 20 hits to kill that since barbs got low attack really
    FPW > PWI b:victory
  • Ephemerra - Heavens Tear
    Ephemerra - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Nah, he's really easy just that once you hit him, he'll run around and the bugger runs real fast and you need Phys attacks because he's immune to elemental.
    *lures Kun Kun to The Silver Pool*

b:chuckle

That's boring! Luring Chin in Angler's Village sounds more of a challenge
    ^ actually, the first time it happened, someone did it accidentally (apparently a low lvl player) and my friend who happened to be there died from the AoE, another person whom I was questing with was really pissed off because he died too. And I heard some people lured Jewelscalen into the lovebird fest during valentine's day :[
  • Xiaotutu - Heavens Tear
    Xiaotutu - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    b:crythis brings back bitter memories of chasing him around on my wizzie and meleeing it with the magic weapon.
  • __Longshot__ - Sanctuary
    __Longshot__ - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Just buy a bow and shoot it a few times while avoiding other mobs.
  • Brylla - Heavens Tear
    Brylla - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    That's boring! Luring Chin in Angler's Village sounds more of a challenge
    ^ actually, the first time it happened, someone did it accidentally (apparently a low lvl player) and my friend who happened to be there died from the AoE, another person whom I was questing with was really pissed off because he died too. And I heard some people lured Jewelscalen into the lovebird fest during valentine's day :[
    Someone from Enrage lured Chin to Angler's for fun one day and I just happened to be there. I died 3 times! THREE. TIMES. I was pissed >_>, I hope that person got banned. >_<

Anyways! Kun Kun is really easy! And it might have immunity to elemental attacks or something but I'm a cleric and I killed it with Plume Shot so it doesn't have to be melee hits. It just has to be a skill without elemental damage (for example my whirlwind skill didn't work because it has Metal damage but the plume shot did because it's a non-elemental spell).

Have fun killing it and watch out for monsters near you. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xiaotutu - Heavens Tear
    Xiaotutu - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Wizzies at earlier levels don't have non elemental spells :S I almost died cos that little bugger ran around and mobs started aggroing left and right.

Wish I'd known about/thought of bow and arrow sooner
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    On my Wizzy, I was trying to move him to the water and this Veno comes along and keeps killin' it with their pet, so I just quietly followed them around for a while, and they keep askin' "why are you following me?" after 5 minutes of this they must have gotten creeped out and they left the area...

I wait for the respawn and I start the whole chase him around thing smacking him with by wand, at one point I need to avoid spiders and I go back to spawn point and wait for his return, here's where it gets weird... I start hittin' him again and he just stands there, it took under 2 minutes to do him in.

Freakin' Awesome, but weird.

I had to share...

=)
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • Ephemerra - Heavens Tear
    Ephemerra - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Someone from Enrage lured Chin to Angler's for fun one day and I just happened to be there. I died 3 times! THREE. TIMES. I was pissed >_>, I hope that person got banned. >_<

I'm sorry to hear that D: actually, I think I missed Chin's original visit, because I went to bed a few minutes before it happened. I guess a good precaution from now on would be to fly really high :[

I experienced the same thing with Shade Eido, except that my exp bar that was halfway full, went down considerably, and the guy who was supposed to help me ran off to do an FB run. I was livid. But I got help from Regret and Shield, they were really helpful, even thought there were a PK fest going on in there.
  • cats1
    cats1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    heheheheh im lvl 53 barb now but when i did it it only took me a few hits to pwn him b:laugh b:victory he is a failed boss b:victory
  • tsunamirai
    tsunamirai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Anyways! Kun Kun is really easy! And it might have immunity to elemental attacks or something but I'm a cleric and I killed it with Plume Shot so it doesn't have to be melee hits.

Plume shot states that it deals physical damage.
  • Jolanar - Dreamweaver
    Jolanar - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I did it and I'm a cleric don't squad get yourself a higher lvl archer to watch your back from anymobs you might agg and go to town on the kun kun. All I did was put myself on auto attack and chased him for a while.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    b:shocked Beware the Almighty KunKun!!!!

On another note. >.>

I saw KunKun next to HouJensi the other day and was vey confused. Is it tameable or something?

(And yes, it was KunKun, not an antelope pup)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

On another note. >.>

I saw KunKun next to HouJensi the other day and was vey confused. Is it tameable or something?

Or it could be, you know, an antelope pup that's been named KunKun.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

ROFLMAO - it is a Antelope Pup named KunKun, I am pretty sure. There are other threads where Venos have said they purposely name their Pet KunKun just to get a laugh out of the Newbies.

Who would have guessed even the high levels get taken in, LOL.
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well, next time at least attempt something before crying in the forums.

Should die at most in 12 hits. He'll run and won't attack back.
    Belligero
  • darksithlord
    darksithlord Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Oh man....just dont attack with elemental attacks...they dont deal damage...Kun Kun is very easy...u dont need squad...quest says u must do alone....at frist u get scared cause of lvl 100...but this mob is just a joke...just kill him
  • Floyd - Heavens Tear
    Floyd - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    poke him with a stick he'll die o.0 i poked him with my sword and he blew up o.0b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] shed no tears, show no fear
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I did it and I'm a cleric don't squad get yourself a higher lvl archer to watch your back from anymobs you might agg and go to town on the kun kun. All I did was put myself on auto attack and chased him for a while.

um if your a cleric all u have to do is razor feathers and plume shot. hes not magical resistant, hes elemental resistant. only wiz's should have a real trouble
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

On another note. >.>

it was either an antelope sage, or a soulchaser, lvl 61, and 64 both tameable
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Ah, Thankyou. Well I feel Newb-ish b:chuckle

And yeah, it must've been because it was silver and everything.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JasmineSoul - Sanctuary
    JasmineSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Kun Kun, lol.

I always carry angels, and try everything. If you don't try, how do you know you can/can't. What's the worst that can happen? You die? It ain't like dying in real life, here you get right back up with a free trip to town, lol.

Anyway, I'm sure after you killed him you realized maybe you should give things a go before you panic and think it cant be done.

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The Great Lord Kun Kun, how dare ye kill him in his peaceful form.
    He will come back as a lvl 150 world boss with a magic immunity, amp, defence debuff of 0, and a powerful physical aoe one shotting robe/LA users. Revenge I say.

Also Recruting for The Cult Of Kun Kun, lvl 9x+ Join TCKK today!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I remember preparing for an EPUC battle with Kun Kun...

Then my Golem goes and oneshots him. b:surrender
    The Great Lord Kun Kun, how dare ye kill him in his peaceful form.
    He will come back as a lvl 150 world boss with a magic immunity, amp, defence debuff of 0, and a powerful physical aoe one shotting robe/LA users. Revenge I say.

Pfff, when he kills me I'll go cry to my girlfriend Harpy Wraith. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

This, I have a soulchaser named KunKun and constantly get asked how I tamed it. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]