Exp reward for res

Options
LucyPevensie - Lost City
LucyPevensie - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
I'm no cleric, but I do think they should get some exp/sp reward for reviving ppl. Sometimes they travel far just to help res someone. Sure everyone is free to thank them with words or even coins/items, but an exp/xp reward for reviving would be simply nice. Not a great amount of exp/sp so they stop grinding and only res around, but a reward so their work is not a one-way thing.

Could even have a gain in exp/sp accordingly to the Res lvl of the cleric.
Post edited by LucyPevensie - Lost City on

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i could see people abusing this, I dont mind rezing as long as they are grateful. And as always i accept donations. *Got like 133k worth of sellee tokens the other day* ^^

Clerics are never obligated to rez/buff, it's entirely their decision.

(id love an exp/spirit/reputation for rezing, but id say it would make the game unfair. Since other classes dont have that ability. On the other hand.... Venos have the special ability to tame baby pets and sell to all other classes for profit, so idk im torn between yes and no.)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    There are many threads on this.

Res = a skill

Does not mean a Cleric has to use it. It is what it is.

But I thank you for the kindness in your consideration of us Clerics b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • LucyPevensie - Lost City
    LucyPevensie - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Thanks for your thoughts on this bob and Reds!
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i could see people abusing this, I dont mind rezing as long as they are grateful. And as always i accept donations. *Got like 133k worth of sellee tokens the other day* ^^

Clerics are never obligated to rez/buff, it's entirely their decision.

(id love an exp/spirit/reputation for rezing, but id say it would make the game unfair. Since other classes dont have that ability. On the other hand.... Venos have the special ability to tame baby pets and sell to all other classes for profit, so idk im torn between yes and no.)

As long as the rez reward isn't disproportionally high, it won't get abused. You'll have to pk someone repeatedly and have him come back from town every time. If you can get more exp in the same time just by grinding, there would be no reason to abuse it.

Btw, crafting fee for crafting a baby pet is 200k. When you see venos selling baby pets for 200k, they make no profit whatsoever.
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think an Archer should get SP/EXP everytime it... well there's nothing an Archer can do that another class can't. I don't mind your idea but high lvl clerics may dual box and just res-grind on their secondary character.

Another suggestion would be not play a cleric unless you like abuse:

"Heal me omfg heal me n0w asdfasdf!!!" "Res pl0x res res RES RES ME D*MNIT"

Being in PUGs watching the healers get abused makes me feel bad for them.