Kill Stealing Safeguard

Options
ArmstrongZ - Dreamweaver
ArmstrongZ - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
A lot of people will hate this idea. If you do hate this idea, then you're one of the people that inspired this idea so jokes on you, it's your fault.

A Kill Stealing Safeguard. Similar to the safeguard that prevents you from digging a mat that someone else already got to, but this one is on mobs and will wear off after the mob begins to recover from battle.
If the developers use this idea, then all of you pathetic players that get a kick out of following people around stealing their kills on purpose will have to find a different hobby.

If you plan on insulting me in this thread, log off your comp now, because I'm not putting up with any harassment. I will report any harassing in my thread on sight.

If you plan on saying, "Damn dude, report and ignore" I'll save you the trouble. Read my signature.
"Each time a man stands up for an ideal, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope."

Robert Kennedy (1925-1968), American Politician
Post edited by ArmstrongZ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It would make partying up with people quite tough if only one of you could attack a mob ;).

You must be suffering a lot from KS as a barb - don't worry, it does get easier as you level. Your humanoid skills cause more damage, so that's worth a try too :).
  • ArmstrongZ - Dreamweaver
    ArmstrongZ - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Oh yeah, I left that part out, but I put that in when I submitted a ticket. Hehe, my bad. Yes, the safeguard would be canceled when the other character is in a squad with you.

No, I'm not suffering from KS a lot, just a little. But on my last char some guy with a name of random letters followed me around. He held me back so much I was level 20 when I should've been level 30. It's always annoying.
    "Each time a man stands up for an ideal, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope."

Robert Kennedy (1925-1968), American Politician
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    A lot of people will hate this idea. If you do hate this idea, then you're one of the people that inspired this idea so jokes on you, it's your fault.

A Kill Stealing Safeguard. Similar to the safeguard that prevents you from digging a mat that someone else already got to, but this one is on mobs and will wear off after the mob begins to recover from battle.
    If the developers use this idea, then all of you pathetic players that get a kick out of following people around stealing their kills on purpose will have to find a different hobby.

If you plan on insulting me in this thread, log off your comp now, because I'm not putting up with any harassment. I will report any harassing in my thread on sight.

If you plan on saying, "Damn dude, report and ignore" I'll save you the trouble. Read my signature.

Horrible idea, just horrible idea.

You think you have a bad time now with the ocassional KSing, wait until players would start "reserving" the bosses you need for the cultivation quests.... Than they could charge you for the "honor" of partying with them so you can get your cultivation quest done and get your new skills.

Also, for some world bosses guilds will use more than one squad to attack the world boss to speed up the killing, your suggestion would make it impossible to kill a world boss as a guild, since only 6 people would be able to attack the same mob at any given time.

Also, it is very lame to threaten to report people. You have the right to report whoever you want, no need to threaten, if you have report, just do it.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Horrible idea, just horrible idea.

You think you have a bad time now with the ocassional KSing, wait until players would start "reserving" the bosses you need for the cultivation quests.... Than they could charge you for the "honor" of partying with them so you can get your cultivation quest done and get your new skills.

Also, for some world bosses guilds will use more than one squad to attack the world boss to speed up the killing, your suggestion would make it impossible to kill a world boss as a guild, since only 6 people would be able to attack the same mob at any given time.

Also, it is very lame to threaten to report people. You have the right to report whoever you want, no need to threaten, if you have report, just do it.

LOL....I could not imagine this. On PvP server = Kill those people b:cute

And ditto on the second point...have you seen the forums?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited July 2009
    Options
    LOL....I could not imagine this. On PvP server = Kill those people b:cute

And ditto on the second point...have you seen the forums?

RedsRose, but KSing is not an issue on pvp servers either, since if someone KSs you, you can just kill them :) But on pve servers.. I could just see some guilds making that their main source of income b:laugh
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    RedsRose, but KSing is not an issue on pvp servers either, since if someone KSs you, you can just kill them :) But on pve servers.. I could just see some guilds making that their main source of income b:laugh

Not denying that...just could not imagine it (like I said).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Eunuch - Dreamweaver
    Eunuch - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ArmstrongZ, you must be the alt of ArmstrongX who posted this? Idk, if you're not the same then maybe there is something about the name that comes with a "holier than thou attitude".
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    There is a famous USA MMO that has KSing safeguards and it works great! The free-to-play community always hates the idea because they picture people tagging every mob while they run in circles and taunt other players. I've seen the discussion on many f2p forums and it always looks the same.

Once you see this feature at work in a successful environment, you start appreciating the feature (preaching this on f2p forum is like preaching Satanism in a Catholic church on Christmas Day).
    edited July 2009
    Options
    There is a famous USA MMO that has KSing safeguards and it works great! The free-to-play community always hates the idea because they picture people tagging every mob while they run in circles and taunt other players. I've seen the discussion on many f2p forums and it always looks the same.

Once you see this feature at work in a successful environment, you start appreciating the feature (preaching this on f2p forum is like preaching Satanism in a Catholic church on Christmas Day).

That made me laugh :)

In the other hand, they would have to redo the all squad limitation, since in the games I know that have KSing safeguards, they either use instances for everything, so you pretty much guaranteed you will not have someone ksing you, or they have party mechanics that allow for all guild parties, which would also work. However, the way most f2p mmos are set, the parties are usualy fairly limited to the number of players involved, which makes KSing safeguards usualy a very bad idea since it makes having more than 6-10 people helping on something all but impossible.