Food for thought (lul)

Options
Nova_ - Harshlands
Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
Note: I do realize that the people I'm addressing this too won't agree and probably won't put much thought into it past "we worked for our land" etc.

Since the start of the server, every player has been concerned with "Getting to endgame" via non-stop PvE. Most of the players on this server came from highly competitive servers, so for a time it seemed like the endgame goal could be justified as trying to gain an edge over the competition. Over time tho, i think we have all realized that the population of this server is,err, sub-par. Now that people are starting to slow down on the PvE and "endgame" aspect of things, I think we should focus on making TW a bit more interesting....

Looking thru my accrued TW videos from Lost City and Heavens Tear, i realized that Harshland's has never had the competitive and fierce TW's LC and HT had respectively. This is because everyone was concerned with "being a factor" (Thinking in their minds, i wanna be like Radiance or CQ). We also had this alliance between the two biggest factions (Crimdom as named by its haters b:cute ) , which imposed on and kind of squashed competition in a "join or die" kind of way.

That alliance is long dead of course, and now we are seeing the "dominant" faction start to amass more and more territories (Kingdom). Many have said that "this will kill the server", but really, was it ever "alive" in the TW sense? Has Harshlands ever experienced the truly epic battles LC and HT seemed to have weekly? No, we haven't. Kingdom and Crimson acquired their lands via PvE. When the two clashed, Crimson caved in after two weeks. The only notable TWs people have had is against Kylin.

So, my suggestion is this: The factions that haven't already done so (Kylin, Kingdom) Should split into 3-5 different factions (much like QQme, Crimson, and some individuals have done already) and cause conflict between all the other factions. No alliances. No being butthurt over KoS. No non-stop PvE. If we do this, we can at least try to mimic the epic struggles the other servers have seen and try to have fun before the server's population is halved on September 22nd.

/high rant
Post edited by Nova_ - Harshlands on

Comments

• Lindt - Harshlands
    Lindt - Harshlands Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Preach on brutha! b:thanks
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    im behind you nova_ the savior
  • MD - Harshlands
    MD - Harshlands Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Note: I do realize that the people I'm addressing this too won't agree and probably won't put much thought into it past "we worked for our land" etc.

Since the start of the server, every player has been concerned with "Getting to endgame" via non-stop PvE. Most of the players on this server came from highly competitive servers, so for a time it seemed like the endgame goal could be justified as trying to gain an edge over the competition. Over time tho, i think we have all realized that the population of this server is,err, sub-par. Now that people are starting to slow down on the PvE and "endgame" aspect of things, I think we should focus on making TW a bit more interesting....

Looking thru my accrued TW videos from Lost City and Heavens Tear, i realized that Harshland's has never had the competitive and fierce TW's LC and HT had respectively. This is because everyone was concerned with "being a factor" (Thinking in their minds, i wanna be like Radiance or CQ). We also had this alliance between the two biggest factions (Crimdom as named by its haters b:cute ) , which imposed on and kind of squashed competition in a "join or die" kind of way.

That alliance is long dead of course, and now we are seeing the "dominant" faction start to amass more and more territories (Kingdom). Many have said that "this will kill the server", but really, was it ever "alive" in the TW sense? Has Harshlands ever experienced the truly epic battles LC and HT seemed to have weekly? No, we haven't. Kingdom and Crimson acquired their lands via PvE. When the two clashed, Crimson caved in after two weeks. The only notable TWs people have had is against Kylin.

So, my suggestion is this: The factions that haven't already done so (Kylin, Kingdom) Should split into 3-5 different factions (much like QQme, Crimson, and some individuals have done already) and cause conflict between all the other factions. No alliances. No being butthurt over KoS. No non-stop PvE. If we do this, we can at least try to mimic the epic struggles the other servers have seen and try to have fun before the server's population is halved on September 22nd.

/high rant

agree.But!!! Read Below

We had fun in Sense's TW, unlike Crimson's TW. Sense only had like under 50 people, and they put up a "really good fight", if they had "full 80" they "might" won due to the reason they have more 90s. (90s 1-2shot every lowbie...)

We arent even powerful, and people keep on comparing us to Kingdom? ROFL?!! And Nova_, maybe you need to tell this to "aka Sxxse", "aka Cxxsom" and most likely "xxxx9k". Because obvious, they are going to "triple atk us" this week, and they keep on saying "we just want fun TW" ROFL? How you gonna have a fun TW if we are getting gank, so we have to seperate 3 force?

Why dont Crimson combine with other guild and create a new force? This is going to be fun. But they wont. Why? Because everyone wants to hug the "leader's spot" like a d-bag.b:surrender
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Like Kingdom is actually going to go split up. I'd love the idea of that so that other factions can jump on it and have fun too.

Edit* Or how about a reset in the TW map every few months?
    60 / 250.
  • Lindt - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I say we make a new faction with Nova_ as our pagan god with all the former high levels of QQme and Crimson combined for epic TWs between this new faction and Kingdom. Leave the bottom left hand corner of the map for smaller factions like what's been done so far.
  • MD - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Like Kingdom is actually going to go split up. I'd love the idea of that so that other factions can jump on it and have fun too.

Edit* Or how about a reset in the TW map every few months?

Wish they actually put this system in TW, at least, the server will reborn everytime the TW map reset
    I say we make a new faction with Nova_ as our pagan god with all the former high levels of QQme and Crimson combined for epic TWs between this new faction and Kingdom. Leave the bottom left hand corner of the map for smaller factions like what's been done so far.

So, all you care is about lands and money. Will the new guild actually atk kingdom this time? Since "old" QQme had a really big chance put up a "epic TW" against them, but they didnt do it. "Everyone" is greedy in game, people need to stop trying to get "rep" in a game....
  • Lindt - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    So, all you care is about lands and money. Will the new guild actually atk kingdom this time? Since "old" QQme had a really big chance put up a "epic TW" against them, but they didnt do it. "Everyone" is greedy in game, people need to stop trying to get "rep" in a game....

Of course it's about the "money." Let one "faction" get too "big" and they'll get enough money to easily "supply" all their members with better "gear" and miji's for "lvling." That just "makes" it easier for them to hold the "title" of the "strongest" faction. A vicious self perpetuating "process" that obviously works (CQ on LC) unless "something" happens to split up the faction (Rad on HT).
  • MD - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Of course it's about the "money." Let one "faction" get too "big" and they'll get enough money to easily "supply" all their members with better "gear" and miji's for "lvling." That just "makes" it easier for them to hold the "title" of the "strongest" faction. A vicious self perpetuating "process" that obviously works (CQ on LC) unless "something" happens to split up the faction (Rad on HT).

There!! You point out a good point, and people keep trying to act like "we are hero, we should atk kingdom and save the server" ROFL

Remember what happened when Crimson was on the top? QQme formed and atk them. "Everyone" hates others being on the top!!!

What "if" today is Crimson own 50% of the map, yep I believe everyone will jump on them. Are you going to tell me if you already have half of map, then you will stop trying to get more lands? ROFL...LOL
  • Amber - Harshlands
    Amber - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    My thought was to have a 'wraith horde' thats comprised of different levels of mobs and very challenging to beat attack random lands every week. It would keep the randomness factor in TW and liven it up, rather than having one or two colors rule the map until they disband some months later. I posted this ages ago in the suggestions forum. I guess maybe its not as good an idea as I thought.

Plus, a wraith horde/army would pretty much stick to the casual storyline of the game about wraiths trying to take over the world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lindt - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    There!! You point out a good point, and people keep trying to act like "we are hero, we should atk kingdom and save the server" ROFL

Remember what happened when Crimson was on the top? QQme formed and atk them. "Everyone" hates others being on the top!!!

What "if" today is Crimson own 50% of the map, yep I believe everyone will jump on them. Are you going to tell me if you already have half of map, then you will stop trying to get more lands? ROFL...LOL
    Uhhhh did you understand my point at all? My post was saying that big time factions like Kingdom SHOULD be taken out ASAP because if not it gives them time to earn tons of money that makes them more unstoppable. What you just said is that it's okay for Kingdom to own half the map and it's only natural that they should continue going. Also that it doesn't matter what faction it was that got huge and near unstoppable people would still hate it which is true but completely besides the point.
    My thought was to have a 'wraith horde' thats comprised of different levels of mobs and very challenging to beat attack random lands every week. It would keep the randomness factor in TW and liven it up, rather than having one or two colors rule the map until they disband some months later. I posted this ages ago in the suggestions forum. I guess maybe its not as good an idea as I thought.

Plus, a wraith horde/army would pretty much stick to the casual storyline of the game about wraiths trying to take over the world.

Oh no, it's a great idea. It also fits in with what I think the storyline is supposed to be. Something about a war between the 3 playable races and the Wraith's right? The wraiths kinda suck if they can't even get one attack going and they suck at defending their land. Also, a good idea would be having a whole server vs. wraith event. That would give the game more of the feel that we're going against these so far pathetic enemies.
  • Amber - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yea, I noticed that the game doesnt really seem to focus as much around the storyline. Most wraith events suck, you usually have more trouble with pvp than you do with the mobs themselves. Not that pvp bothers me much, it IS a pvp server after all. ;)

Rather than just having the wraiths defend unclaimed territory, why not also have them attacking territories to create unclaimed territories. Make them randomly hard and easy hordes as well. Maybe not just one horde attacking per week, its completely random and keeps things lively. I'd live for tw then, where as, atm, tw seems rather pointless. Its for the rich ingame to go pvp against each other and for already ginormous factions to get more cash every week.

But of course this means extra work for the gms and the game programmers, even if we scream at the top of our lungs, I doubt it'll happen because from what I've seen, we just get handmedowns from the Chinese version of the game. No new content being created by pwi themselves. I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Uhhhh did you understand my point at all? My post was saying that big time factions like Kingdom SHOULD be taken out ASAP because if not it gives them time to earn tons of money that makes them more unstoppable. What you just said is that it's okay for Kingdom to own half the map and it's only natural that they should continue going. Also that it doesn't matter what faction it was that got huge and near unstoppable people would still hate it which is true but completely besides the point.

people should hate a faction for having lots of land?
  • Lindt - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    No, it's not impossible to get change. Who do you think gives the GMs their paychecks? It would be very easy to get the programmers to do nearly anything we wanted if someone could rally enough people to stop charging gold that it gave em a scare and then by releasing an ultimatum. If zhen sales go down by 50% one month and they're being told it will only continue to drop until x conditions are met then they're gonna do it pretty fast. Good luck rallying enough people for that though.
  • Lindt - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    people should hate a faction for having lots of land?

No, they shouldn't hate a faction because they have lots of land. However, anyone who complains that TW is dead because of one overwhelming faction then they need to stop QQing and do something. The more people just QQ and not do anything the harder it gets to stop the large faction.
  • Icon - Harshlands
    Icon - Harshlands Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Like a 80 man gv, I like.

Btw* The competition for tw is still there, after QQme and Crimson fall not enough joined Kingdom or Kylin to make a huge difference.
  • Amber - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If I posted this thought in the suggestions thread as a poll, would people vote for it? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If I were the powers that be,

TW would be 5 times a week.

Max users allowed in a TW would be 40.

It would be reduced to a 1 hour time limit.

TW only charms would be purchasable for 20,000 coins and when you leave TW, they disappear.

Payment of the TW would be the same (10 million coins for 1 week, but instead pay would be dispersed every day.)

Bidding would be on the day of the TW.

Times of TW would be more static and focused at one time.

Basically, everything in TW takes to long and everything is way to static.
    This makes change much faster and the cost of participation in a TW is no longer very expensive, and smaller guilds can participate in TW's much easier with a 40 member cap.

Edit: I'd imagine a smaller map would also be needed.
  • Siochain - Harshlands
    Siochain - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    No, they shouldn't hate a faction because they have lots of land. However, anyone who complains that TW is dead because of one overwhelming faction then they need to stop QQing and do something. The more people just QQ and not do anything the harder it gets to stop the large faction.

All of this sounds very nice in practice, but do you see any of the new split-off guilds attacking Kingdom?

One would think from the recent wars that Kylin held half the map, not Kingdom. I would almost bet that this week will be no different. Sense, over9000 and ethics will most likely attack Kylin this week instead of attacking Kingdom.

Well, if they do, we'll all have fun!! b:victory
    "We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France. We shall fight on the seas and oceans. We shall fight, with growing confidence and strength in the air. We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets. We shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender."
    Winston Churchill
  • Angerr - Harshlands
    Angerr - Harshlands Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    *snip*

^ what he said

Also to the people complaining about sense stacking wars, we had 38 members vs 80 last time. It was a really fun war but definately one sided. Crimson is useless in TW right now, and we didn't actually ask them to stack btw. If we got another 40 man guild kylin could attempt 2 simultaneous wars. I believe you guys had 95 online last tw time ;D
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    wall of text >:D

b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Nei - Harshlands
    Nei - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    A little birdy told me Ethics was the only faction going to suicide on Kingdom this week.b:surrender
  • MD - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options

Oh no, it's a great idea. It also fits in with what I think the storyline is supposed to be. Something about a war between the 3 playable races and the Wraith's right? The wraiths kinda suck if they can't even get one attack going and they suck at defending their land. Also, a good idea would be having a whole server vs. wraith event. That would give the game more of the feel that we're going against these so far pathetic enemies.

nearly 99% impossible alreadyb:surrender
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    *sigh* Like most threads on this forum, it turned into Trolls trolling trolls trolling Kylin/Kingdom.
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Those small guilds that want TW should jus try to become big guilds instead of crying in a cornerb:laughIf sum ppl want exciting wars then ppl shouldnt try to make new small guilds but they should try to make this currently small guilds big cuz I mean, LastStand is a small guild when we talk about lvls but we have 200 members and we can make 80 attend a TW so why cant those small guilds with so many 80+ recruit enough ppl at least at lvls 50 to do it too?b:laughI know u will say those lvls 50 wont make a difference but 5 lvl50 ppl can take out a lvl70 & so on...definetly making another small guilds is not the best option to make wars more exciting.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • MD - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ^ what he said

Also to the people complaining about sense stacking wars, we had 38 members vs 80 last time. It was a really fun war but definately one sided. Crimson is useless in TW right now, and we didn't actually ask them to stack btw. If we got another 40 man guild kylin could attempt 2 simultaneous wars. I believe you guys had 95 online last tw time ;D

cant lie, even tho Sense only had 40 ppl, but the war we had was rrrrrreallly suppppppper fun, i think because the level differences balance the TWb:cute
  • Nei - Harshlands
    Nei - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Those small guilds that want TW should jus try to become big guilds instead of crying in a cornerb:laughIf sum ppl want exciting wars then ppl shouldnt try to make new small guilds but they should try to make this currently small guilds big cuz I mean, LastStand is a small guild when we talk about lvls but we have 200 members and we can make 80 attend a TW so why cant those small guilds with so many 80+ recruit enough ppl at least at lvls 50 to do it too?b:laughI know u will say those lvls 50 wont make a difference but 5 lvl50 ppl can take out a lvl70 & so on...definetly making another small guilds is not the best option to make wars more exciting.

let me tell you what your AVERAGE level 50's-70 contribute to your clan

Member A lv 50: OMG GUYS I NEEEDZZ THIS BOZZZZZ I CANTS KILL HALP MEEEEEEEEE
    Member B lv 9x: guy we just did this boss 2 hrs ago where were you when i asked about this boss
    Member A lv 50: BUTTTTTTTT I WASSSSS IN FB19 PLLLLLLZZZ COME HELP BOSSS???W?!?!?!?!?!?

Member C lv 70: HEY GUY I NEED HH HALP PLZ NEED 70 ARMOR ROBE CAUSE ITS ZOOOOO GOODSZ

Member D lv 60: CAN WE DO MY HH TOOOZ?>?<>?<>?<?

Member B lv 9x: FFS <ragequits>
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    let me tell you what level 50's contribute to your clan

Member A lv 50: OMG GUYS I NEEEDZZ THIS BOZZZZZ I CANTS KILL HALP MEEEEEEEEE
    Member B lv 9x: guy we just did this boss 2 hrs ago where were you when i asked about this boss
    Member A lv 50: BUTTTTTTTT I WASSSSS IN FB19 PLLLLLLZZZ COME HELP BOSSS???W?!?!?!?!?!?

Member C lv 70: HEY GUY I NEED HH HALP PLZ NEED 70 ARMOR ROBE CAUSE ITS ZOOOOO GOODSZ

Member B lv 60: CAN WE DO MY HH TOOOZ?>?<>?<>?<?

Member B lv 9x: FFS <ragequits>

LOL ye thats sumthing that happens alot in LastStand but patience is leading us to a very confortable rideb:victory
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options

I was more or less suggesting the accumulated 7x+ make smaller factions to war with each other.
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Honestly, imo...Kingdom will never split.

1. They've worked "too hard" on WB's getting their shards prepped for 90, etc.
    2. They have this cute little "bond" with one another...basically like twins, they can sense what's going on with their fellow brother/sister on 1 side of the map and them on the other.
    3. They apparently like their TW pay, and everyone's money hungry so yeah.
    4. Perhaps a little scared to wander off from their herd and try something new. (As in join another faction with their enemy and work with them to realize how much more fun it is)

Just too many facts.
  • Scarlet - Harshlands
    Scarlet - Harshlands Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I was more or less suggesting the accumulated 7x+ make smaller factions to war with each other.

True that. The suggestion of making another big faction to just go against KD is a boring alternative. It'll be just 2 rival factions battling for land on the server. It's more fun having *a lot* of factions fighting for lands.

I see what you did there. b:cute
    3. They apparently like their TW pay, and everyone's money hungry so yeah.

Money makes the world go 'round, hun. Pretty much all these facts can be summarized by / rooted from item #3.