Game crash while I was afk in catshop..

Namita - Heavens Tear
Namita - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Support Desk
I'm not sure since when it started to happen (I guess around genie patch..). Whenever I set my character in catshop mode and gone afk in archosaur for some hours, I came back to check there's this bug report page showing (I've sent a couple reports already but still the same). This happen everytime both with my laptop and desktop. What should I do?
Post edited by Namita - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Try minimizing PWI (return to the desktop) while you're away by Alt + Tab....or if you're strange like me, pressing the windows key between Ctrl and Alt does the same although brings up the Start menu too. It works a treat. b:victory
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • XXxGoddesxXx - Harshlands
    XXxGoddesxXx - Harshlands Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ye i get the same prob but i dc aswell but my connection doesnt dc just the game + i get game errors even when alt tabbed out... any ideas i do play on my laptop wirelessly
    Faction: Vortex
    +BE nice AND polite U ****** ****** ok Cus its RuDE to SWEAR and BE abusive b:pleased [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dark_Arbnger - Lost City
    Dark_Arbnger - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    play the game in windowed mode not full screen, you wont have the alt+tab disconnect problem, when you alt tab for some reason the game DC's itself when minimized for a while, also dont minimize when in windowed mode just open windows over the game

im getting real tired of this stupid bug, ive been a devout player for over a year now and ive prolly spent $300 over the course of my pwi campaign if i cant go to sleep and leave my cat shop up in arch w/o getting the stupid bug screen to make money ill just go to a different game, i planned on using the cash shop to get a herc for my veno but seeing as i cant even keep a cat shop open to make any profit what so ever

i got 7 infamous hours last night to test the stupid glitch, i opened my cat shop and went to sleep i wake up and the stupid bug screen is there, an what do you know i STILL have the 7 hours infamous time

GM's please fix the client errors before putting new mounts, fash, needless **** because if i cant lose my red time and make money during the night i will quit playing and just go to ****. P2P games generally dont have these bugs and with the other versions of perfect world id assume youd know what your doing when writing the scripts for the game.

Cube cat shop only to name a few, fix the play bugs before the release of new content its the least you can do for those people that DO spend money here >.>

edit: and to ** other games names shows insecurity >.>
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Once your PF usage hits 2 GB, PWI will crash. Close any unnecessary/unimportant programs. Leaving PWI minimized will greatly slow down the memory leak and decrease CPU usage, but not free up memory.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
    edited July 2009
    Once your PF usage hits 2 GB, PWI will crash. Close any unnecessary/unimportant programs. Leaving PWI minimized will greatly slow down the memory leak and decrease CPU usage, but not free up memory.

as i just said for most people minimizing pwi disconnects the client, only thing i run is pwi an media player and that isnt enough to overload my quad core >.>
    edited July 2009
    no response thanks admins, even a "were working on it" woulda been nice

double post ftw
    edited July 2009
    Basicly u go to game option run it in windowed mode and the lowest resolution you can get and this stops game erros and basicly u dont minimize it u just click the blue bar at the bttom of windows and the game screen freezes but it is still running its just becuase you havent clicked it and if you still dc its your connection and if you still get game errors im sorry but you will have to reinstall/repair to fix this hope this helpsb:laugh
    +BE nice AND polite U ****** ****** ok Cus its RuDE to SWEAR and BE abusive b:pleased [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    it is run at lowest res and i dont minimize when afk from the game in cat shop
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2009
    no response thanks admins, even a "were working on it" woulda been nice
    Nope, we decided that it's fun making everyone crash and that we're never ever ever going to fix it. b:laugh
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Basicly u go to game option run it in windowed mode and the lowest resolution you can get and this stops game erros and basicly u dont minimize it u just click the blue bar at the bttom of windows and the game screen freezes but it is still running its just becuase you havent clicked it and if you still dc its your connection and if you still get game errors im sorry but you will have to reinstall/repair to fix this hope this helpsb:laugh

It's called a period, add some please. Also if you are saying to minimize the game to the tray, and put all graphic settings on lowest, it still doesnt work.

Ive tried doing that overnight.. and every morning I have the same "disconnected from server" **** popup box. And of course nothing sold.
    edited July 2009
    lol funny but guys lay of the gms and mods its not up to them what actually happens in the game they can only offer suport not actually change the game only the producers can do this so stop moaning at them cus u have a crappy pc lol
    edited July 2009
    and bowling bob like i said if that dont work u pc is **** and cleary so is ur connection im sorry
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.