blademaster/light armor/fists/dex = b:cry

n00bpl0x
n00bpl0x Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Blademaster
Well... I'm having a little bit of trouble atm and I was hoping I could get a couple answers. I've always liked ninja-like (usually dex based) classes and so when I looked at class descriptions and class statistics on the site about a week ago I picked blademaster because it had the highest evasion and was a melee class. I noticed dex added to evasion, accuracy and crit, and found out in-game that fists were the perfect dex based weapon for my plan. I looked at the reqs for my equips, and decided upon a build like this:

VIT +2
STR +3
DEX +5

The str was a little over the fist reqs, but it was round. I thought I should get 1 VIT per level just to get a little more survivability. I dumped the rest into dex which i thought would be great considering all the evasion, acc, and critting I would get. I obviously chose light armor as well.

Well now im level 22... and I suck b:cry

I barely evade any monster attacks, my crit goes off occasionally, things own right through my lifebar, quest rewards all either require high magic or high strength, (so I can't weild any of the good weapons i get from quests) and I EVEN MISS SOMETIMES???

I started reading a lot of posts here and everyone seems to advocate heavy armor over light armor... and heavy weapons over fists...but that would mean my dex would be crappy and there goes the evasion and light, melee play style that I was hoping for. This whole class seems completely skewed towards heavy and I dont understand it. Am I just having problems because I'm low and I havent had enough time to build really high unbeatable DEX, or is dex really this much of a dead stat in this game that I should abandon ship ASAP? I was hoping I could get feedback because my skill tree splits at level 29 or 30 I think and I think I can still make a run at heavy if I really need to...and if I stick with this game if this is my only option. I really appreciate your help. (sorry for the really long post)
Post edited by n00bpl0x on

Comments

• Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ninjas don't exists in this game. Read the stickied guides.
  • kamikaze101
    kamikaze101 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I was Light Armor until 60:), restatted for TT u.u......Planning on going both at 80+ :o.....but yeah in lower lvls Light sucks for BM's accuracy doesnt do much for you 1-30ish....at about lvl 40 I was evading 1 every 4-5 hits^^..50-ish 1 every 3-4b:victory...its up to you really what you want to do^^
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    there are ways to make it in PVE*. I do it with vit on 3.

saying that, you need to have enough str to carry your HA.

*However, is very conflicting and I dont see people doing it like me. I guess my methods are too complicated. In other words you must hit and dont get hit (as boxing).

You can hit the mobs and avoid them hitting you.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    there are ways to make it in PVE*. I do it with vit on 3.

saying that, you need to have enough str to carry your HA.

*However, is very conflicting and I dont see people doing it like me. I guess my methods are too complicated. In other words you must hit and dont get hit (as boxing).

You can hit the mobs and avoid them hitting you.

is that possible O.o
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Solariz - Harshlands
    Solariz - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ok i have a evesion rate on mobs my lv off 29% so u can count as it works pve style BUT it really kick in at ur lv29 with sparks and newer skill its hard before reaching lv29 going LA i am right now half way to lv46 and all La amror 1 piece off heavy to boost my deff all ather is heavy just make sure to boost ur buffs bell and physic marrow and magic marrow and ur stuns and its maybe just me but as ur a ninja U dont need VIt that should go all dex as u wana evede not get hit athervise even heay fisters will hit u i face a lot off bm who see i am la and they try pk me and they cant pk me fast enought for me 2 run or 2 deffend myself abouth heavy over LA get Thunderstorm genie and u can kill them heavy with no problems iff lucky 1 hit so the Heavy VS LA is bull**** 1 genie skill own heavy bm any day just go for the crith dude
  • Solariz - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    correction i mean i have 1 piece off heavy low lv and rest is LA
  • Bashusilly - Heavens Tear
    Bashusilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    being a level 22 light BM gimps you in a couple ways.

-At level 22, most of the mobs you will face are going to be Physical attacks. Light has substantially lower Pdef Numbers. Meaning you will take more damage per hit.

-Even with putting 5 dex every other level, your Evasion/Accuracy numbers are still too low to compensate for the lower Pdef.

-Below level 29, you have to rely on Pots and life powder to supplement your HP drain. After 29, you will have Diamond Sutra available to you to help with that.

-Being a BM, your a melee class. Meaning most of the attacks you take are going to be physical.

Sayin that, LA can work, but, it is a definitely more difficult build. Things that may help you along the way are.....

Carry a bow! You can pull mobs and do damage before they even get to you.
    If your going to follow through with this, add less STR. You could alternate something like this...

Every other level....2str/6dex/2vit...then 3str/5dex/2vit then back to the first.

This would give you max Dex and still give you some VIT.

Carry lower level HA. It will gives you more Pdef than the light...At least at your level it does.

Make sure your Golden bell is leveled. And also Make sure you get and use Marrow physical when it becomes available to you.

Or re-roll/re-stat, wear heavy.
    Its way easier
    Don't let my level confuse you. I've done this before.
    Leader-Vandals-Heavens Tear
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ok i have a evesion rate on mobs my lv off 29% so u can count as it works pve style BUT it really kick in at ur lv29 with sparks and newer skill its hard before reaching lv29 going LA i am right now half way to lv46 and all La amror 1 piece off heavy to boost my deff all ather is heavy just make sure to boost ur buffs bell and physic marrow and magic marrow and ur stuns and its maybe just me but as ur a ninja U dont need VIt that should go all dex as u wana evede not get hit athervise even heay fisters will hit u i face a lot off bm who see i am la and they try pk me and they cant pk me fast enought for me 2 run or 2 deffend myself abouth heavy over LA get Thunderstorm genie and u can kill them heavy with no problems iff lucky 1 hit so the Heavy VS LA is bull**** 1 genie skill own heavy bm any day just go for the crith dude

You're too low level to even know what PvP is like. Thunderstorm do not kills Heavy Armor.
  • Amarant_ - Lost City
    Amarant_ - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm only 4x. Still, at the beginning of the game, I was going to do a Polearm BM. It was my first char, so I've made a couple stupid mistakes as far as skill purchase goes, but my fist BM build seems on track. I switched to fists around level 40 because my archer friend would use fists for dueling (good damage per second). I looked into the build, invested in a reset note, and adjusted my stats. Now, I'm sure the build would have been hard to work with in the earlier levels, but it's already paying off. The dex saves my **** a lot when people try to PK me (they generally miss and I can sprint off) and the channel-cancel skill helps me take out those pesky wizards and clerics. They're squishy, so you just get in, shadow heel, and take them out. I manage to land a lot of critical hits, too. Also, I can fair pretty well against archers in PvP. My build is as follows.
    2 str 3 dex - odd level (41, 43, 45, 47...)
    3 str 2 dex - even level (42, 44, 46...)

Obviously I have to go with light armor to maintain this build. I haven't switched to it yet due to a lack of funds. No one seems to make good light armor for mid-levels on Lost City. Still, so far, I'm pretty happy with the build. You won't be a PK champ, but the evasion and accuracy of the build is definitely everything I thought it would be at this juncture.
    I know how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You're too low level to even know what PvP is like. Thunderstorm do not kills Heavy Armor.

i seen BMs get one shot by thunderstorm
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i seen BMs get one shot by thunderstorm

Not after 80+ though, unless maybe you stack a ton of debuffs
  • Sinense - Sanctuary
    Sinense - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Sayin that, LA can work, but, it is a definitely more difficult build. Things that may help you along the way are.....

You should also imbue cheap citrines into any sockets you have open. Their cost will be similar to health potions and you should be using apothecaries instead of health potions (except for health potions you find). You can also sometimes find cheap citrines.

You should also probably get better gear.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well sorry to say... but fists have very good accuracy already... I think your making yourself messy... fists have high DEX already in min requirements... u need to switch between heavy armor and light armor depending on the situation. Lets say a mob with physical attacks (most often) use the heavy armor + alter marrow phys... For magical monsters, or mobs with very high M.DMG, use LA and alter marrow MAG... If the mob is both.... use HA... unless that opponent have increased M.DMG.

U don't need to restart... Just don't add anymore VIT till later, U should of have like this build, just keep having 5 STR each LVL and 4 DEX every 2 LVLs at least and you'll be fine... I done 3 STR/2 DEX from even number LVL then 2 STR/2 DEX/1 VIT odd number LVL, then repeat... So far... I haven't had a single problem on my BM yet. b:chuckle

Don't use LA on mobs doing P.DMG to u... thats why HA is there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Rockstare - Heavens Tear
    Rockstare - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    n00bpl0x wrote: »
    Well... I'm having a little bit of trouble atm and I was hoping I could get a couple answers. I've always liked ninja-like (usually dex based) classes and so when I looked at class descriptions and class statistics on the site about a week ago I picked blademaster because it had the highest evasion and was a melee class. I noticed dex added to evasion, accuracy and crit, and found out in-game that fists were the perfect dex based weapon for my plan. I looked at the reqs for my equips, and decided upon a build like this:

VIT +2
    STR +3
    DEX +5

Hi there!

What u doing may become possible on later levels, lets say 70+.

At lower levels, generally before 50 u suck in any case ^_^

You might excel at PVP in 1v1 situations with that style.

That's about it.

Not many squads doing TT/FC/LG/whatever could rely on u in anyway.

You will just be 1 more person for a barb and cleric to worry about, instead them relaying on you to get situation under control when the **** breaks loose.

Herc veno will be your best friend in this game.

Thats the way I see it, sorry.

Think about it.

Light armor alone may not be bad thing on later levels, when dd some 1 mob, but you're missing out hell of another stuff in that.

Linking mobs will gank u, and u will have a terrible aoe agro control, not to mention that if theres few that does both types of dmg, u take more dmg from physes than HA, and more damage from mags, than robes.

That is the true other side of the coin youre thinking of.

ps. there is no rogues/monks in this game, but that might be the closest u get if u want to.

pps. forgot to say, theres light in the end of the tunnel, when u get higher on levels, you can apply more "styles" aka master more than 1 path. there u go.
  • GodlyTank - Dreamweaver
    GodlyTank - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    n00bpl0x wrote: »

VIT +2
    STR +3
    DEX +5

The str was a little over the fist reqs, but it was round. I thought I should get 1 VIT per level just to get a little more survivability. I dumped the rest into dex which i thought would be great considering all the evasion, acc, and critting I would get. I obviously chose light armor as well.

Well now im level 22... and I suck b:cry

I barely evade any monster attacks, my crit goes off occasionally, things own right through my lifebar, quest rewards all either require high magic or high strength, (so I can't weild any of the good weapons i get from quests) and I EVEN MISS SOMETIMES???

I started reading a lot of posts here and everyone seems to advocate heavy armor over light armor... and heavy weapons over fists...but that would mean my dex would be crappy and there goes the evasion and light, melee play style that I was hoping for. This whole class seems completely skewed towards heavy and I dont understand it. Am I just having problems because I'm low and I havent had enough time to build really high unbeatable DEX, or is dex really this much of a dead stat in this game that I should abandon ship ASAP? I was hoping I could get feedback because my skill tree splits at level 29 or 30 I think and I think I can still make a run at heavy if I really need to...and if I stick with this game if this is my only option. I really appreciate your help. (sorry for the really long post)

Dont worry, aside from what all the Trolls say about fists/claw BM's, They are actually Good.
    You have to level more to be able to see the change.
    Every 20 points of Dexterity You gain 1% crit, which means you will crit a lil more often and means higher evasion too. You will start to see a difference around Level 40, there, you will start evading alot more, and will crit a lil more often, once u hit 60, it will be Cake the rest of the way, dont worry, stick with it and you will Be Very satisfied with the results in the end.
    b:sweat
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Okay here is the truth. You need to stat for heavy armor. And using fists is fine. But what you will find is that you will be lacking in some departments. If you plan on playing a fist to end game i suggest this.

5str/4dex/1 vit every two levels. This will allow you to use fists and heavy armor.

Also this opens up another weapon path. The spear. Since Fists biggest strength is its DPS. You won't be skill spamming. And spear is a viable second option for you to use.

Your a melee class...so go with the heavy armor. your dex will be high. And it takes awhile to build up a good bit of it. The problem your having at your level is that you are wearing light armor and fighting as a melee class. You just don't have the defense needed to protect your HP bar.

Anyways, whatever you do make sure you're having fun.

Peace.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solariz - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    lol i knew one thing before lv29 its hard but once u get sutra u wont feel as squeshy with fist anymore as ur fast phase will give u sutra and spark a very nice touch i never put any vit on my stats all i did go and i wont say it again is 3str and 7 dex each 2 lvs and i lv just fine faster then some and slower then athers but once u get sutra u wont feel as squeshy and ppl will MISS iff they are archer or bm and barbs i aint saying go this build just saying its possible to make a true ninja monk style iff u really want