wich builid is best for pvp wz

muflon
muflon Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
at time i have wizard lvl 11 and training it pure magic is thet a good builid for pvp
i add my stat in this way stats for 2 lvl 1 in str 9 in magic in future i am thinking about to add some vitality after lvl 60
Post edited by muflon on

Comments

• mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Anything with a robe on in PVP is a joke. All I'm gonna say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • haiz
    haiz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    mystic wrote: »

I hope its all you say too.:rolleyes:
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    muflon wrote: »
    at time i have wizard lvl 11 and training it pure magic is thet a good builid for pvp
    i add my stat in this way stats for 2 lvl 1 in str 9 in magic in future i am thinking about to add some vitality after lvl 60

Go light armor for PVP
  • garnooo
    garnooo Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    light armour for wizar? that means weak hits and still weak defence (thats only light armour), wz isnt easy for pvp
    i have full magic (int) build and 23h PK penalty at this moment :D
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    garnooo wrote: »
    light armour for wizar? that means weak hits and still weak defence (thats only light armour), wz isnt easy for pvp
    i have full magic (int) build and 23h PK penalty at this moment :D

Hey, tell me how much 1 int adds to your damage.
  • haiz
    edited August 2008
    Lets do some math hurrr. I believe in a light armor build you end up with 300 int, and with pure int you'll have about 500 int at the end. At higher levels, lets say 8x one int will give you more matk than one int will give you at lets say level 2x. Last I remember one int was giving me about 7~8 matk each int might have even been 10 for top end attack, meaning you lose out on about 1400~1600 matk. Now to go even further, some of your skills use your matk as a multiplier, some only 100%, some are 300%, and some are even 500%. I'm sure you can multiple yourself, and then each int gives you more mana, meaning a certain new skill I see that raises your matk even further when your max mana is higher. That's at level 100 though so shouldn't really count on it.

I think you lose out on quite a bit of matk. I compared my matk to a light armor friend of mine, it's quite the difference really. I even played on his account a few times and wow, his damage was sucky sucky and crits were not often enough. When he got on my account he was like "OMG WOW! I DID 10K NO CRIT" and I was just like, "umm, good job?". It was funny watching him experience the fruits of labor from a pure int wizard.

So to answer your question, you lose a lot of matk, and gain a bit of defense. You'll have like 6-7k defense and I'll have 3k defense in my robes, but you wanna know the cool part? I'll have 50% physical resistance with my defense and a lot more power, and you'll have about 61% physical resistance and a lot less power. I'll admit though light armor if easier if you are that desperate.
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    haiz wrote: »
    Lets do some math hurrr. I believe in a light armor build you end up with 300 int, and with pure int you'll have about 500 int at the end. At higher levels, lets say 8x one int will give you more matk than one int will give you at lets say level 2x. Last I remember one int was giving me about 7~8 matk each int might have even been 10 for top end attack, meaning you lose out on about 1400~1600 matk. Now to go even further, some of your skills use your matk as a multiplier, some only 100%, some are 300%, and some are even 500%. I'm sure you can multiple yourself, and then each int gives you more mana, meaning a certain new skill I see that raises your matk even further when your max mana is higher. That's at level 100 though so shouldn't really count on it.

I think you lose out on quite a bit of matk. I compared my matk to a light armor friend of mine, it's quite the difference really. I even played on his account a few times and wow, his damage was sucky sucky and crits were not often enough. When he got on my account he was like "OMG WOW! I DID 10K NO CRIT" and I was just like, "umm, good job?". It was funny watching him experience the fruits of labor from a pure int wizard.

So to answer your question, you lose a lot of matk, and gain a bit of defense. You'll have like 6-7k defense and I'll have 3k defense in my robes, but you wanna know the cool part? I'll have 50% physical resistance with my defense and a lot more power, and you'll have about 61% physical resistance and a lot less power. I'll admit though light armor if easier if you are that desperate.

Fully agree with you. +1

Light armor is only good if you are
    1. A Priest
    2. Mid game pvp (level 50's)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    WTF Light Armor sucks for Wizard, why sacrifice damage for defence, Wizard's are the definition of damage, even if they wear Heavy Armor their defence is low, might as well pump everything to damage.

sealed~
  • haiz
    edited August 2008
    sealed wrote: »
    WTF Light Armor sucks for Wizard, why sacrifice damage for defence, Wizard's are the definition of damage, even if they wear Heavy Armor their defence is low, might as well pump everything to damage.

sealed~

Wrooooooong. Wizards actually get VERY high defense with heavy armor. They do have a buff that doubles their defense and they can get over 10k without a problem. Blademasters to get as high defense has to sacrifice all of their mdef to catch up to a wizard in heavy armor. Wizards are comparable in defense to barbarians in tiger mode when in heavy armor but lack the HP, so they can't take the hits that a barbarian does. This game gives you a lot of twist and turns and you can see some funny stuff.

Still, robes ftw. <3
  • unki87
    unki87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Robe + pdef jewelry, might add some con at the begining but restat all to int when you'll get high lvl.
  • golden0galaxy
    golden0galaxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    robes and full int all the way :D
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yes take advice from Haiz, who actually played a wizard before.
    All you need is robes and add some physical stones in it.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • xkwisite
    xkwisite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    mystic wrote: »

>>I ran the numbers abit ago. And a robe build>>light armor build for mages any day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • everybody
    everybody Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well, that leaves a mage with 5 condition @ level 100.
    It seems that 9int 1 str build is a lot of fun to play and it's strong, but really, wouldn't it be better to crank up condition?! (with a robe build ofc - 5 dex @ l100)
    I'm new, just started wizard (level 9, won't continue until OB release), so it's just pointless wondering ;)
    Well, int build is the best (isn't it?) We all will be Wizard Clones Army.
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    everybody wrote: »
    Well, that leaves a mage with 5 condition @ level 100.
    It seems that 9int 1 str build is a lot of fun to play and it's strong, but really, wouldn't it be better to crank up condition?! (with a robe build ofc - 5 dex @ l100)
    I'm new, just started wizard (level 9, won't continue until OB release), so it's just pointless wondering ;)
    Well, int build is the best (isn't it?) We all will be Wizard Clones Army.

lol watch out everyone new Clone Wars gona start :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ishtori
    ishtori Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    There is always a trade off between builds. In this case, a wizard.

If you PvP at low-mid level range on a robe. It is very likely someone will kill you with every little effort if they are dealing damage to you. If you PvP at high level, robe pure int build wizard can often times deal enough damage to get away with the low physical defense.

However, do note that, there is no such thing as an all powerful PvP class/build on PW. You will be good in one area and bad in others. On a wizard the usual concern is, you are a mage, you are pretty fragile, people will target you for a quick kill, that is why the light armor build is preferred by some. However your strong point is you can deal alot of damage all at once, especially to heavy armor users that have low magic defense.
  • everybody
    everybody Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    My main wondering is not necessarily robe/lihgt armor, but HP. Isn't it good to put some points into vitality? Well, my main question is:
    how much gives you massed INT?! Is it really such a big difference in damage that its worth spending almost all of your att points? And if you invest some to dex or vit, your damage will decrease so much that it won't pay off at general?!

It's an important question for me, because soon OB starts, I will play ofc wizard and don't want to lose because of my not good game knowledge. Today I've done a test with a new character, I invested some lv and early points to vit and it made killing monsters way easier, and damage difference wasn't noticeable. I mean, it paid off. That's early game. Later it does not pay off, or does it?!
  • Synthetic - Harshlands
    Synthetic - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My main wondering is not necessarily robe/lihgt armor, but HP. Isn't it good to put some points into vitality? Well, my main question is:
    how much gives you massed INT?! Is it really such a big difference in damage that its worth spending almost all of your att points? And if you invest some to dex or vit, your damage will decrease so much that it won't pay off at general?!

It's an important question for me, because soon OB starts, I will play ofc wizard and don't want to lose because of my not good game knowledge. Today I've done a test with a new character, I invested some lv and early points to vit and it made killing monsters way easier, and damage difference wasn't noticeable. I mean, it paid off. That's early game. Later it does not pay off, or does it?!

the damage and mana difference is HUGE, for each point of Vit we get only 10HP.... we live off mana... Stack Pdef and HP shards and life is good! Im lvl 47 and i hit for 2.5k-3.4k and nothing makes it to me. If a barb hits me i take to the sky because i can move up down all around which is a pain for melee, If an archer attacks me I stand there and die because there's nothing i can do yet lol
  • ChronicDose - Harshlands
    ChronicDose - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Um the question of whether you put vit COMES with the fact whether you choose LA or not.
    With LA vit =5 or less. Hp comes from Sharding/Refining.

With Robe build, you can hybrid and put some vit in every level or two.

If you wanna go pure mag, and you dont socket HP and Refine and you do any pvp, prepare to be one shotted by anything, so youd better kill them first XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brab - Lost City
    Brab - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Nice one year Necro...

try looking in the mage section for threads that haven't been around longer than I have
  • ArrancarX - Sanctuary
    ArrancarX - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i only goes to PK mode Once it was fun!! cause i was with a cleric friend then, we both get red named.. other players on PK mode wants to PK us,, it was hell!! i personally think WIZ are not good on PK mode!! but i dont know if im wrong... im still pure build lvl 61 wiz has 270 Mag and 35 str.. im thinking of goin hybrid because without all the +1vit or shards in my gear my HP sucks (1300) and MP is 5k...
    pure build insane damage by that i mean u will see big numbers when u hit mobs but u will also see big numbers when mobs hit ub:laugh