Morning Dew Spell

Options
Mjezbah - Sanctuary
Mjezbah - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Wizard
Ive read alot forums and many have said that morning dew should be lvled because it saves alot of mp pots.......can u tell me how does that work...u may notice that my wiz is lvl 21 but i play a lvl 50 wizard in the other server :)
Post edited by Mjezbah - Sanctuary on

Comments

• WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Morning Dew saves hp pots not mp, you use it after between kills if you've taken damage.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Sorry, that was a typo on my part in another thread.
    I've fixed it.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Is it worht lvl'ing up at lower lvls? Ive just got it on 1, 370hp is ok, to spend 10k spirit to get 440hp recovery seems a bit rich?
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    10k spirit is nothing. I'd say it's invaluable. Saves alot of money on HP pots (You should always have some with you, just in case) But between mobs, it's so much faster than meditating.

When you get Sutra, you can completely heal yourself mid battle and then get off one or two more shots.

it might seem like a bit now, but when you'rs spending over 100k spirit on something, it's much worse.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    10k spirit is 10k spirit. If You lack 10k for the next level of some spell it's exactly what You need. At 65 it doesn't take too long to get it, but at 35 it may take a bit longer. At 35 there is a lot to spend spirit on so 10k is not nothing. Wizards usually don't have a lot of HP so Morning Dew doesn't have to restore a lot to be very useful. Level it if You feel it restores too little for Your pool of HP.
  • Xprestigex - Harshlands
    Xprestigex - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lvl up Morning Dew just enough to heal you to half hp (if u have a charm) so that you can heal yourself to full, or if your finding Morning Dew isn't healing yourself up in one use as much as u like, lvl it up. Its not like we are clerics and need to lvl up our heal for other players, we just mainly use it on ourselfs, im lvl 81 and i think my Morning Dew is lvl 5 or 6, i just lvl it up whenever it stops healing half my hp.
    Our GMs, which art invisible,
    Hallowed be thy Alma,
    Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in godless valley,
    As it is in fb29.
    Give us this day our daily quest.
    And forgive us our banning,
    As we forgive those who ban us.
    And lead us not into random pk,
    But deliver us from Hell
    For yours is the Perfect World, the power and the glory,
    Untill the server crashes
    Amen.b:thanks
  • Gammaburst - Harshlands
    Gammaburst - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Don't bother using much spirit on this skill. MP management is the problem most of the time. Why would I want to use this skill that uses even more mana. Also i have to stop grinding for about 5.7 seconds to watch it happen. That equals slower leveling and gathering less drops per hour.

Saving money on HP pots some say?? Yea right. You may be saving money on HP pots but your spending more on MP. You may be saving money on HP pots but you making less money per hour while grinding. How much money are you really saving while you level slower and watching some slow **** skill.

Level it to 3 or 4 if its convenient cause its ok to have just in case and for backup heal. Otherwise just use HP pots or remedies for the few situations where HP is valued over MP usage.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I accidently got it to lv.5 after mistaking it for wellspring quaff

I don't regret it.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Max it. Without sutra, it is just "pot saver", but when you have two sparks, it does wonders. In fbs, i usually save sparks just for sutra healing. When things go wrong, it saves lives.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Ffilteg - Sanctuary
    Ffilteg - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Max it. Without sutra, it is just "pot saver", but when you have two sparks, it does wonders. In fbs, i usually save sparks just for sutra healing. When things go wrong, it saves lives.

QFT I have mine maxed and it can save a party wipe.

For example yesterday I went into a TT 1-2 or 3 we had a tank a veno me and 3 clerics. The clerics were lvl 60-65 and Drum ate them for lunch, leaving me to heal the barb. With anything less then a max heal most likely outcome would of been a party wipe but I was able to keep the barb alive for a cleric to return and revive the other 2.

If your viglant and can see the coming danger an extra heal for 3-4k instant hp can keep the party alive.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    QFT I have mine maxed and it can save a party wipe.

For example yesterday I went into a TT 1-2 or 3 we had a tank a veno me and 3 clerics. The clerics were lvl 60-65 and Drum ate them for lunch, leaving me to heal the barb. With anything less then a max heal most likely outcome would of been a party wipe but I was able to keep the barb alive for a cleric to return and revive the other 2.

If your viglant and can see the coming danger an extra heal for 3-4k instant hp can keep the party alive.

This has happened to me more than one time. Also I've had several people bring me along just for my heal. When you can DD and have an awesome heal skill too it makes you more wanted. Also even at the level you get level 1, even tho it takes longer the heal is for more than a cleric can heal. IMO its a very very useful skill. Not just for yourself, but if a veno accidently grabs aggro you can heal her while the clerics are still healing tank. You may insert veno with any other class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Level it up just enough to give your self a good heal. You're better off using spirit on damaging skills at lower levels.
    omg im posting stuff.
  • woyaa
    woyaa Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Max it :)
    Save money on pots and is very useful in grinding :)
    Great for saving the cleric/aggro puller too :)
    And looks flashy: 2009-07-2317-32-54.jpg
    I managed to hit level 104 on a X5 rates server!
    b:cute
    How you level 101's on X1 can stand it, I don't know b:shocked
    Woyaa|Level 104|Venomancer|Heaven|Heavy Fox
    SpringBud|Level 98|Wizard|Heaven|LA Mage <--Goes to DP
    Lowbie Alts:
    FrostSong|Level 90|Cleric|Heaven|Full Vit Cleric
    IcantPWN|Level 77|BladeMaster|Axe/Fists HA/LA
    X0neX|Level 89|Archer|Hell|Exotic EA (1 Mag each level)
    LaZy|Level 91|Cleric|Heaven|Full Int, retired
    T4nker|Level 8x|Barbarian|Full Con, playing on this one
  • CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver
    CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I just got Morning Dew and it's Godsend. I do not understand why others say skip it or it's not good. Maybe they are high levels and don't clearly remember what it was like when they were 20x.

The cast time is not extremely long as some made it seem at all. It's perfect for in between fights indeed.

This self heal is an absolute must for any wizard until we get another one in later levels. I am glad it exists! It will save on HP pots big time.
  • Wahida - Dreamweaver
    Wahida - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    rather spend HP pots, then MP pots.
    Morning Dew eats your MP.
    & HP pots are cheaper.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Better do not spend any pots at all lolz. Its total waste if you are grinding... and if you are not, better use anything to keep you and your squad alive.

Power of MD is in sutra. It is so great emergency healing i just cant state it properly in simple english words. Healing like 6k hp in 3 seconds? Any cleric will say WTFH?! and then eats his magic wand. That's wizard, all about channeling and timing (yeah, well-timed MD can do something even without sutra ).
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yesterday I was able to tank an 8x BM, an 8x nix veno, and a 7x (fail) BM thanks to MD. Most people don't realise how useful it is in PvP, especially when used with sutra. Charm ticked once (QQ nix stun) but I still managed to blink>sutra heal back to safe
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yesterday I was able to tank an 8x BM, an 8x nix veno, and a 7x (fail) BM thanks to MD. Most people don't realise how useful it is in PvP, especially when used with sutra. Charm ticked once (QQ nix stun) but I still managed to blink>sutra heal back to safe

how did u tank 8x nix bleed and 2 bms?
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

99% of such claims are made up on the spot.b:chuckle
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I left it at 1 till I was like 80, never had spare spirit before that, even without genies around. Don't regret never leveling it, Lv1 has always done it's job for me honestly. Also the cheapest way of chi building, MP-wise, without having to find a mob/npc. I got it to 5 around ~85 to make cube easier, but that's it. Not gonna max it until I have my ults/sleep.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options

Nix didn't bleed, just stunned. Belonged to a Cevryn, Yuna something
    One of the BMs was CUTaBEACH, hence the "fail" BM part,
    The other BM was HaseothePKK, whose skills were hitting me for ~1k.

I'd have been dead if BMs were smart enough to stunchain
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver
    CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    rather spend HP pots, then MP pots.
    Morning Dew eats your MP.
    & HP pots are cheaper.

You're kidding right? I don't use any mp pots at all at my level which is a soon to be 29 Wizard, I am not some 60+ Wiz yet so no need for that.

With Morning Dew I rarely use any pots at all! b:pleased
  • Dalamaar - Heavens Tear
    Dalamaar - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Don't bother using much spirit on this skill. MP management is the problem most of the time. Why would I want to use this skill that uses even more mana. Also i have to stop grinding for about 5.7 seconds to watch it happen. That equals slower leveling and gathering less drops per hour.

Saving money on HP pots some say?? Yea right. You may be saving money on HP pots but your spending more on MP. You may be saving money on HP pots but you making less money per hour while grinding. How much money are you really saving while you level slower and watching some slow **** skill.

Level it to 3 or 4 if its convenient cause its ok to have just in case and for backup heal. Otherwise just use HP pots or remedies for the few situations where HP is valued over MP usage.

I save on both MP and HP pots using this skill along with mp buffs.. Before I grind I use my water shield for mp regen and mp buff (forget the name right now). Currently that gives me 13k+ mp. If I grind and pickup the drops I can go about 20-30 kills before I need to do any regen. Remember to use your sparks too for mp regen, demon\sage spark is instant 20% regen or ~2600mp for me.

When you go through an MP charm in 2-3 TT runs or 2-3days of solid grinding the cost adds up on charms\pots. Ave Gold MP charm is 400k or 4mill a month; Little patience and smart use of your skills is priceless, and I mean literally priceless, zero coins.

One other thing that makes for good grinding on the cheap.. Make some mp powders. Currently using the lv90 +90% hp\mp instantly powders but I used to use the +6000mp over 30 secs ones.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    A wizz that's not using apothecary is a stupid wizz.
    we can extend our mana pool with Wellspring Quaff and I think lvl 5 is needed to get sutra. So u have it anyway. Takes 1 spark for 15 minutes of 35% mana increase.
    I recently quit on using MP charms. I'm experienced enough now to know about how much MP i have not even looking at the MP bar. "MP low" message is popped at about 2500 MP with Quaff, I have about 12k MP, pop a 9kMP/30 sec pot and I'm set for another 15 min at least. Always double spark when available to regen mana. Works "like a charm" b:pleased

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]