Question about rides

asherahh
asherahh Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Venomancer
Sorry if this question is already asked, but I can't find it with the search option.
Im a level 28 venomancer and see other venomancers ride on horses, pigs ore bears. I've searched everywhere and when I visit the petmanager, I can see the animals, but can't buy or do anything.

Can somebody please explain how it works?
Post edited by asherahh on

Comments

• Nevedita - Dreamweaver
    Nevedita - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    When you see other players riding on horses, golden pigs, bears, etc. etc., those are land mounts that they use to increase their travelling speed.

You can obtain them from boutique (which then can be offered at the Auction House), from Dragon Quests and lastly at the pet manager in Archosaur, if I'm not mistaken.

Any of the fancy land mounts (such as Lions, Snakes, Pigs etc.) are most likely boutique shop items that must be purchased with gold. You could also surf the Auction House and buy a boutique land mount with coins, but you'll need to rank up at least 2.5 MIL to get anything.

Horses can be bought at Pet Manager for 2.5 MIL (only Black and Brown), or you can trade 60 Dragon Orders for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>>Check us out at "kinetic.co.nr"! Join the movement today!
  • valsheart
    valsheart Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm a cleric and not the only one that has a pet ride, I have a beautiful panther. My veno has the ability to feed it and lvl it. But how do we, other classes feed and lvl our rides, there are no options to do this. Have I missed a step somewhere? If it dies how do I bring it back, without the pet revive? I have looked in the guilds but haven't found anything on them, I'm concern that I may have wasted my money and hate to think that I did.
    Could you help me or direct me to a sight that could give me this information?
    Thanks!
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    valsheart wrote: »
    I'm a cleric and not the only one that has a pet ride, I have a beautiful panther. My veno has the ability to feed it and lvl it. But how do we, other classes feed and lvl our rides, there are no options to do this. Have I missed a step somewhere? If it dies how do I bring it back, without the pet revive? I have looked in the guilds but haven't found anything on them, I'm concern that I may have wasted my money and hate to think that I did.
    Thanks!

The mounts level up by just being out, so any class can level them. To feed a mount, just right-click on the water which you can buy from the pet manager.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    valsheart wrote: »
    Thanks!

Pets you ride do not die or take damage. You take damage on the mount and there is a % chance to be knocked off the mount. When that happens the mount disapears. You can feed your mount water usually (cheapest) to keep its satisfied so it does not kick you off when being attacked. Also, you can not defend yourself whilst your are on the land mount so remember that.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Also, you can not defend yourself whilst your are on the land mount so remember that.

As a Wizard if your shields are up will they reduce damage whilst riding?
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • mooman321
    mooman321 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't think so. It's not that you take damage while riding. It's that IF you take damage, the pet dissapears and you are on foot untill you can put enough space between you and the mob to summon it again. The higher the pets loyalty the less chance you will get knocked off when hit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]