Reduce Physical Damage Taken or More HP?

RockSkin - Sanctuary
RockSkin - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Barbarian
Probably there's more threads asking this and I'm sorry I hadn't the time to check them all...

After searching for some armor pieces at the auctioneer the same doubt came up and I need to understand how this works.

What does this mod "Reduce Physical Damage Taken 1%" really do?

I have a Helm of Aqua Viciousness and a Equine Talisman which both have that mod and I moved them to my inventory and when I put the cursor above my physical resistance it still displays damage will be reduced to 60%. If I take them off...it should display 58% right? Or am I getting the wrong idea?

Is it wise to give priority to items with this reduce dmg mod or hp/vit items should be a priority for a pure tanker build?

I hope you guys can give me some feedback cuz I'm almost reaching level 70 and I feel that TT70 armor pieces don't fit my needs...thoug Army Commander's Armor has a nice +5 str bonus. Other pieces aren't that good. I might aim for decent ☆☆☆ pieces rather than spending coins in **** gear with poor mods.

Thanks in advance! b:victory

Regards,

RockSkin
Life's too short to be wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by RockSkin - Sanctuary on

Comments

• TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    uh, lol I actually don't know...

I know for sure that the reduction from equips is not shown if u hold the pointer on ur phys def... but I think that a good sage high level barb with.. like 85% damage reduce in tiger form and equips with phys reduce can arrive near 90+ :o that would be awesome, dunno how much reliable it is tho, I never did care phys reduce damage bonuses till now

aniway, I would say hp all the way, most of the hard bosses u'll tank will have high damage magic skills, so get urself magic ornaments an hp bonuses :P

for 70 I suggest the tt70 plate, the tt70 wristguard (mainly for the soulegde needed for the 80) and if u really want the tt70 boots, refine them +1 or +2 and u should be k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RockSkin - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    I know for sure that the reduction from equips is not shown if u hold the pointer on ur phys def...

Yeah...I can't see any change in my Character Panel. Is this another bug? b:laugh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yeah...I can't see any change in my Character Panel. Is this another bug? b:laugh
    no but that panel show u the reduction u have with ur PHYS DEF, the phys reduction damage bonuses are a different thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RockSkin - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    no but that panel show u the reduction u have with ur PHYS DEF, the phys reduction damage bonuses are a different thing

That's a great info dude. I thought it was the same! So it ain't that bad to have this mod in my gear.

One more question just to make sure...does it stacks?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gabriil - Lost City
    Gabriil - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It does stack. That's why he said if you have 85% because of your gear, +5% from -1% damage bonuses, you might have 90% p damage reduction. Which would be awesome xD

Edit: "he" being TheGoliath
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    you dont want phys damage reduction. its useless. go for HP, and make sure to get elemental resistance accesories for PvP. it also helps with boss spikes.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Minus phy damage taken isn't as good as adding hp as hp will cover both phy damage and mag damage. Negating phys damage is what a barb does naturally, it's the mag damage that hurts. There are also skills which are dependant on hp, so adding more hp will help those skills as well.
  • RockSkin - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Minus phy damage taken isn't as good as adding hp as hp will cover both phy damage and mag damage. Negating phys damage is what a barb does naturally, it's the mag damage that hurts. There are also skills which are dependant on hp, so adding more hp will help those skills as well.

Cape of Tauran Chieftain FTW! b:victory

Thank you everyone for nice feedback.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009

I hope you guys can give me some feedback cuz I'm almost reaching level 70 and I feel that TT70 armor pieces don't fit my needs...thoug Army Commander's Armor has a nice +5 str bonus. Other pieces aren't that good. I might aim for decent ☆☆☆ pieces rather than spending coins in **** gear with poor mods.

RockSkin

But there is nothing left on 7x...

Unless you wanna use the level 77 leggins and 78 or 79 plate that give magic and dexb:shocked

Use the TT 70 (except leggins, you won a 3 star leggins at 70). The worst thing are the rings at 77... misty rings are expensive, but for 14 millions you can buy 2.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ...The worst thing are the rings at 77... misty rings are expensive, but for 14 millions you can buy 2.

14 mill for 2? Awesome, wish Dreamweaver had such low prices for Misty's ^.^
  • _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary
    _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    14 mill for 2? Awesome, wish Dreamweaver had such low prices for Misty's ^.^

I personally haven't seen a Lingyun under 12 mil for one, but I also don't bother much.
    Disclaimer

I hereby absolve myself from all responsibilities from damage incurred, loss of life, and severe mental retardation from trying to read and/or understand my posts. Please do not come to me about these problems or I shall be forced to stab you with a dull wooden spoon. Enjoy your day. =D
    edited July 2009
    misty rings go for 6m on HT atm

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thc - Harshlands
    Thc - Harshlands Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    they go for 5m on HL, because of the high amount of HJ's
  • RockSkin - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    But there is nothing left on 7x...

Unless you wanna use the level 77 leggins and 78 or 79 plate that give magic and dexb:shocked

Use the TT 70 (except leggins, you won a 3 star leggins at 70). The worst thing are the rings at 77... misty rings are expensive, but for 14 millions you can buy 2.

I ain't that dumb :P

When I said the ☆☆☆ decent stuff I was talking about gear with vit/hp mods. Btw what leggings are you talking about? Name and stats? I'm curious now.

I've been also trying to get Vambraces of Blood Moon but there's no one selling them in our server. b:sad

About the rings...isn't just one misty enough?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    wtf is an HJ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pnut - Lost City
    Pnut - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ok, well i didn't read everything.. mainly the title. As a werebeast, never worry about your pdef reduction, please. You will always have enough, you want hp.

It may have already been explained, but ill clear try and clear it up, if it already has been. The pdef reduction stats on items, they give you more pdef reduction, self explanatory imho. How does the pdef reduction work?? Well ill try and give some numbers, not logged on so ill try off of memory. Lets say you have around 7k pdef in human. lets say this gives you 72% reduction. When you go to tiger form, you have about 11k pdef. This will give you roughly 76% reduction (like i said, my numbers may be off). so that is only 4% reduction increase from 3-4k pdef increase. The +1% pdef, just gives you another reduction without any addictional physical defense actually added, it would do the same as if you had more pdef.. Now some people may be wondering why you only get 4% reduction from so much more pdef? Well that is because you have so much of it already. Basically if you have less, the more you get will give you more reduction. In rebirth (godless valley) the physical defense buff at wave 9 pumps my pdef up to about 28k, if i remember right, and that only gives me about 84-86% reduction in tiger. But when i go into human form i lose a lot of pdef, around 5-6k or something, but only 2% reduction because you have so much pdef already. That was a huge wall of text, maybe answered some of your questions b:bye
    "when i get about 10m

gonna restat to AA and hop into a TW in 90 robes... :D" - Stickygreen lvl 93 WB Heavens Tear
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    if someone already said this, I didn't go trhough the whole thread :P
    I think reduce 1% phys. damage means it takes away 1% of the damage that the mob has dealt on the spot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ironhammer - Lost City
    Ironhammer - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If u use mixed items Lunar, Legendary, HH u can get more reduce bonus.
    Chceck all items Armors, Accesories, Weapons, Helm, Cape + Mystical Tome if u count all u will see u can have at level 97-99 a 20% bonuse reduce dmg.
    I'm still thinking what is better this extra bonus reduce ore the hugh HP.
    And yes magic mobs are pain in the **** -.-