Barb. Hotkey and Combo Thread

Belligero - Sanctuary
Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Barbarian
I need some advice to maximize my quickslot use and get better combos.

Macros-
Good skill placement in hotkeys will benefit any barbarian and make our job far easier and more efficient.

Knowing that, I'm kinda struggling with were to put all my hotkeys as there's such limited space, as I'm gaining all these new skills. [New patch will add 3 more slots]. Also with the addition of genie skills, it makes it very hard to maintain.

Currently for my numbered bar [1-6] I have Human Skills in the first tab, Tiger Skills in the second and Buffs in the third.

It looks like this:

Tab 1

1. Mighty Swing
2. Penetrate Armor
3. Beastial Onslaught
4. My Combo/Slam [I switch a lot between the two]
5. Spark Eruption/Thunderstorm [Genie]
6. Beastial Rage

Tab 2

1. Flesh Ream
2. Alacrity of the Beast
3. Devour
4. Thunderstorm [Genie]
5. Surf Impact
6. Poison Fang

While I only use 1 tab for F1-F9:

f1. True Form
f2. Pick Up Items
f3. Solid Shield [Genie]
f4. Meditate
f5. Fly
f6. HP Potion
f7. MP Potion
f8. Tree of Protection [Genie]

Basicly, I would like some tips of how to set it up from experienced barbs and what would work best. I find it bothersome to drag out some skills in a middle of a fight, due to limited slot. Also wonder if I should trash skills like meditate and meditate through R.

Combos-

I'd like to know some good combos for both Tiger and Human form for bosses/PvP/grinding/mobbing that you guys use.

Right now, I only use:

Walk Behind Enemy > Mighty Swing > Slam > Beastial Onslaught > Pen. Armor > Stomp of Beast King > Garrote > Normal Attack

Also I have an idea for mobbing:

[After Gathering Mobs] Walk Behind Enemy > Beastial Rage > Beastial Onslaught > Slam > Perdition > Mighty Swing > Garrote

Anyways, lots of criticism and advice is needed, I'm still a pretty new and any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Belligero
Post edited by Belligero - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Alright, I know it's a long **** post, but any help would be appreciated. At least tell me a good combo I can use for normal grinding?
    Belligero
  • GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver
    GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Alright, I know it's a long **** post, but any help would be appreciated. At least tell me a good combo I can use for normal grinding?

When i grind on my Barb, i use Humanoid form because i have enuf coins to buy charms. If HP and MP are no worry, then you should use Humanoid form. There really isnt a good combo, i dont use macro skills either, i slam if there are 2-3 enemies at once when grinding and then use Penetrate, Mighty swing, Swell or Onslaught. They are dead after that, then i go to the other enemy and start with penetrate and do the same thing till dead. Dont really think theres a great combo.

If you dont have charms, there is a great combo!

Poison mobs start out with alacrity (Sometimes ive noticed this stops their poison skill) then spam flesh realm. Sunder when needed
  • Rygeor - Sanctuary
    Rygeor - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hmm... First off why dont you also use your F#'s in world as well?

The way I use stuff to condense confusion on my part is..
    Expand the F# bar so you can see both the first tab as they are(if you click f1, it activates whatever is at f1), the second and third tab visible.
    Whenever you click on something in either of these expanded tabs, they key you click(mouseclick) will become activated. I use these expanded tabs to house my buffs, pots, and any other benifit (like herb potions).
    That may help you clear out part of your tabs, and make use of space (because you havent mentioned using your F# bar much) The only downside is that it may clutter your screen....

Hope I can help. (lvl 67/68barb by the way - forget if I lvled or not)
    And if ya need, i can get a screenshot of what I mean after my game updates >.<
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    well heres one i thought up of, but its based off of demon skills

1.Demon Penetrate Armour
    2.Mighty Swing
    3.Skill
    4.Skill
    5.Skill
    6.Skill(Basically, just put ur damage dealing skills in here afterward -.-)

its supposed to be used on charmed enemies, but works...good on anything.

u just use it when their hp is like 60%. penetrate armour ticks their charm and reduces their phys res by half, and tehn u just finish them off in the next few seconds before their charm ticks again. :|
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I thought this was already posted somewhere...
    Humanoid standard combo (Stun-Mighty Swing, Slam, Onslaught, Penetrate armour, reg attack)
    Tiger: Alacrity, Devour, Ream... (use Bestail Rage and other skills to get chi back up... sunder when needed.)
  • Lehek - Heavens Tear
    Lehek - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i generally use tiger form to grind
    the macro i have programmed
    Flesh Ream -> Devour -> Alacrity of the Beast
    ream is in case it runs
    devour is to lower its defense so that alacrity will hit higher and so ream will do more DoT
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I thought this was already posted somewhere...
    Humanoid standard combo (Stun-Mighty Swing, Slam, Onslaught, Penetrate armour, reg attack)
    Tiger: Alacrity, Devour, Ream... (use Bestail Rage and other skills to get chi back up... sunder when needed.)

I use a humanoid combo of stun->penetrate armor->slam->beastial onslaught->3 normal attacks. Works well enough.

But I mostly grind in tigerform where I use Alclarity->devour->surf impact->reat all normal attacks. I save up chi and sunder as often as I can.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • SirLynxcelot - Heavens Tear
    SirLynxcelot - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have several combo keys and to keep them straight in my mind I will place the combo key directly above the skill that leads the combo.

For normal humanoid grinding I like to lower their defense so my first combo is

penetrate armor > garrotte > mighty swing > normal attack > penetrate > norm > garrotte > mighty swing ( I only use this if I need a fast kill if I'm getting mobbed, normally I just go with a normal attack mode)

My second humanoid combo is for tougher mobs or bosses

normal attack > single spark > normal > penetrate > garrotte > mighty swing > penetrate > mighty swing

Next up is my skill for the increased defense/attack/life mobs that are metal base

Firestorm > normal > penetrate > garrotte > mighty swing > normal > penetrate > mighty swing

Final humanoid combo for quick elimination

normal > double spark > normal > penetrate > garrotte > mighty swing > slam > normal

Tiger skills combos only have 2. The first leads with alacrity for cancelling mob channeling and second leads with ream for starting the bleeds. depends on what mob I'm fighting that determines which to use. Alacrity cancelling for mobs that like to channel right away and ream combo for reg phys mobs

alacrity > ream > frighten > devour > ream > normal > alacrity > normal

ream > alacrity > frighten > devour > ream > normal > normal > alacrity