PWI for Macs

Options
aphrodite1003
aphrodite1003 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
I am a Mac user and would LOVE to see PWI be able to be played on Mac computers. This game looks better than anything I've seen so far, and would love to be able to play it without spending $80 on Parallels to get PC on my Mac.
b:pleased
Post edited by aphrodite1003 on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If you read the background story for PWI it explains why things are the way they are. This game is based on asian mythology, and therefore it follows on that theme. So, as you can see, your request...

Has nothing to do with it... Just a quick note.

I really do not see a time any of the F2P games would make a mac client.... (Not many macs around... they have a very small market share) Not saying it will never happen, but it would be cheaper for them to just give away the BootCamp software to the very few mac users than to develop, test, and maintain a all mac client.

Unfortunatly....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If you read the background story for PWI it explains why things are the way they are. This game is based on asian mythology, and therefore it follows on that theme. So, as you can see, your request...

Has nothing to do with it... Just a quick note.

I really do not see a time any of the F2P games would make a mac client.... (Not many macs around... they have a very small market share) Not saying it will never happen, but it would be cheaper for them to just give away the BootCamp software to the very few mac users than to develop, test, and maintain a all mac client.

Unfortunatly....

umm...i dont get it =_=

i think there should be. i am pc, but i agree mac users should also be able to play pw on whatever they feel is most comfortable for them.

and another thing, who said this suggeestion box is for in-game stuff only?
    and another thing, since when were there "not many macs around?" there as as much macs out there as pc's, apple and microsoft are RIVALS for god's sake
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • aphrodite1003
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm with CornHilario...

What on earth does my request have to do with the story of PWI? I e-mailed the company, they said to come here to the forum and suggest it, and that is exactly what I did. I really don't see what that has to do with gameplay.. at all.

There are about 3 out of every 50 computers that are Macs. I honestly prefer mine to any PC I've ever owned. I've gotten on a PC that was brand new and twice as slow as my photoshop-sims 3-every photograph I've ever taken-ridden computer and much much more confusing.

And honestly, just think about how many more users PWI would get if they offered it for Mac.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    umm...i dont get it =_=

i think there should be. i am pc, but i agree mac users should also be able to play pw on whatever they feel is most comfortable for them.

and another thing, who said this suggeestion box is for in-game stuff only?
    and another thing, since when were there "not many macs around?" there as as much macs out there as pc's, apple and microsoft are RIVALS for god's sake

Well, mac thinks they are rivals, in reality they have 6.x% market share, Windows (all flavours) has 90% and the rest has 3.x%

I really have no idea what gave you the idea that "there are as many macs out there as pcs.." that would be the same as saying "there are as many Zuma mp3 as IPods out there"....

Just because you have a mac does not mean most people do (as you can see, 93% of the people DO NOT HAVE one). I love mac, and have a couple, in addition to unix and a couple of PCs (laptop and gaming computer), but I am realistic to where each of the fall. Being the best is not the same as being the most popular.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited July 2009
    Options

What on earth does my request have to do with the story of PWI? I e-mailed the company, they said to come here to the forum and suggest it, and that is exactly what I did. I really don't see what that has to do with gameplay.. at all.

QUOTE]

You must be new..... It was a joke... most people do not bother to read the history behind the game or never learn the game, than come here with silly suggestions, which more often than not, are already implemented but they never bother to try them.

Your suggestion, obviously has nothing to do with the background history....
  • aphrodite1003
    edited July 2009
    Options

You must be new..... It was a joke... most people do not bother to read the history behind the game or never learn the game, than come here with silly suggestions, which more often than not, are already implemented but they never bother to try them.

Your suggestion, obviously has nothing to do with the background history....

I am new, obviously, since I have a Mac so I haven't been able to play the game yet, but from watching videos, it seems like something I would love to play. And I have read the background history, it's very interesting stuff to me, and I've learned that to succeed in any game you should know the history, story, etc. (Gamer boyfriend taught me that, haha.)
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I am new, obviously, since I have a Mac so I haven't been able to play the game yet, but from watching videos, it seems like something I would love to play. And I have read the background history, it's very interesting stuff to me, and I've learned that to succeed in any game you should know the history, story, etc. (Gamer boyfriend taught me that, haha.)

I know some people have been able to run this game using bootcamp. Do you happen to have that on your mac?

I hope you find a way to be able to play, it is a really nice game
  • aphrodite1003
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I know some people have been able to run this game using bootcamp. Do you happen to have that on your mac?

I hope you find a way to be able to play, it is a really nice game

No I've never heard of that program. I was going to invest in Parallels if I couldn't find anything else. It's a program that runs PC on your Mac window, so you can be on PC & Mac at the same time. It's only $80, which seems pretty cheap for something like that, so I might get it in the future if I don't find anything else. My boyfriend has a dual-boot, which would be cool, too, but I'd just rather be able to work it right from my Mac instead of restarting it to get to PC.

I'll have to look into that Bootcamp, thanks!
  • nini09
    nini09 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    one of my friends is a mac user who would love to try out pwi but doesn't want to be bothered with virtual pc :(
  • Noarux - Sanctuary
    Noarux - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I am a Mac user and would LOVE to see PWI be able to be played on Mac computers. This game looks better than anything I've seen so far, and would love to be able to play it without spending $80 on Parallels to get PC on my Mac.

Yes I agree there should deff be a Mac Client... can we bump this? even though it's on the first page I think this is VERY important and also would bring a good share of users to the community...
    Well, mac thinks they are rivals, in reality they have 6.x% market share, Windows (all flavours) has 90% and the rest has 3.x%

I really have no idea what gave you the idea that "there are as many macs out there as pcs.." that would be the same as saying "there are as many Zuma mp3 as IPods out there"....

Just because you have a mac does not mean most people do (as you can see, 93% of the people DO NOT HAVE one). I love mac, and have a couple, in addition to unix and a couple of PCs (laptop and gaming computer), but I am realistic to where each of the fall. Being the best is not the same as being the most popular.....

Where in the world do you get your figures from? Microsoft is a monopoly simple as that but that does NOT mean at all that it's 90% of the computer market if anything I've seen loads of Macs being used tons of places including if not more than home use because Macs have a better stability than Windows. Heck look @ Windows Vista (R) they're even coping Mac now... What does that say? Anyway I do wholeheartedly agree there should be a Mac Client!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yes I agree there should deff be a Mac Client... can we bump this? even though it's on the first page I think this is VERY important and also would bring a good share of users to the community...

Where in the world do you get your figures from? Microsoft is a monopoly simple as that but that does NOT mean at all that it's 90% of the computer market if anything I've seen loads of Macs being used tons of places including if not more than home use because Macs have a better stability than Windows. Heck look @ Windows Vista (R) they're even coping Mac now... What does that say? Anyway I do wholeheartedly agree there should be a Mac Client!b:victory

Those numbers are based on all the computers (desktops/laptops/servers) sold, according to Apple. Yes, there are macs around, heck 6% is quite a bit of people, however it is still a small market share. Do not confuse mac computers to apple products. The all ipod/iphone thing makes people think apple is as powerful in the computer world as they are in the gadget market, but the fact is they have a very small market share. However, their share keeps creeping up, only 2 years ago they had only 4% market share.... That is a pretty significant jump, but they still represent a very small percentage, when it comes down to it.

Don't take me wrong, I would love for a mac client, however I realistic as to the odds of that happening.
  • Arclid - Lost City
    Arclid - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Well thank you ^_^ I finally gave in and just started playing on my boyfriend's dual-boot, and his brother is going to get me the program to have a dual-boot, also, so my boyfriend and I can play together, but I still think PWI should give this a good thought. A lot more people would be able to play, since most people won't be able to get a program to run Microsoft on their Macs.

((this is Aphrodite1003 by the way.)) :)
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I agree that the Linux client should be available (yes for those who don't know Mac's are using a BSD Kernel so compiling it to Linux or OS X would be simple).

Now as to the Market Share Easy way to get a semi reliable comparison is here http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=0&qpmr=100&qpdt=1&qpct=0&qptimeframe=Q Showing mac's via Browser Safari at 8.46% this Quarter. So, this supposedly anywhere near same MAC vs PC idea is significantly distorted view. While I know people with macs they Game on their PC's. As to running an emulator for windows API well that always requires a much better computer then something compiled for your OS.

And then there was the crazy Virtual PC/VM idea to my knowledge 3D rendering is disabled in VM environments. Although some have reported how to enable this http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=84344 But reading from here shows that the emulated 3D graphics is such a pathetic excuse that I'd not recommend gaming with it... http://www.markwilson.co.uk/blog/2006/12/will-vistas-3d-effects-work-in-virtual.htm

As to the other options here Dual Boot Always works and Boot Camp http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boot_Camp_(software) seems to be the "mac" dual boot way.
  • Mothra - Lost City
    Mothra - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think when you buy a Mac you have to sign a contract or something that says "I, _______, understand that this machine will not be compatible with a vast array of fun things."