Sage or Demon?

Scarecrowsid - Heavens Tear
Scarecrowsid - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Blademaster
Which did u choose, and yeah why :P

trying to decide at the moment so just wanted to see what swayed others to choose what they did

thnx in advance =)
Post edited by Scarecrowsid - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I;m still debating.

as I use 3 weapons(sword, fists and axes).

demon convert some of my skills like shawdowless kick to AOE wich I dont want to. I use axes skills when I want AOE.

sage reduces shawdoless kick cooldowb to 10 secs from 12. which I like to cancell attacks from mobs or bosses.

sage also always grants an extra 90% physical defense with Aura of golden bell.

I'm tending to sage.
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    well i went demon, mostly because i had planned to switch back to spears at 90 (and get dragonlance angder). even though i still went demon, i actually just got my gx lol.

other reasons i went demon was i like some of the demon skills, pretty much all of the spear demon skills, and then drake bash and heaven's flame. if it was realisticly possible to get i'd love to get demon magic marrow as well.

some reasons i don't like hearing about sage are weapon mastery and golden bell. the extra 15% from sage mastery is under 400 dmg, and that includes a +12 weapon, seeing as i don't really care the spend that much money for a tiny benefit, i'll take the crit instead. also when have bms needed more physical def, i mean yeah maybe it's nice having 20k def, but the difference between 20k and 18k in terms of dmg reduction is little at all.
  • Arron - Dreamweaver
    Arron - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php

i use this website always, and choosing sage/demon depends on the weapon you use. Sage is based on HP and Chi (survivability). Demon is based on damage, cooldowns, debuff, crit, etc. (Lethality).

Your choice here, but use the website. Hope i helped a bit :)
    "Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Which did u choose, and yeah why :P

trying to decide at the moment so just wanted to see what swayed others to choose what they did

thnx in advance =)

if u dont plan getting past 90 i would say that sage is a way to go

but if u will get 92 at least, demon is the best way imo. u wont have that much chi, but longer stuns, aoe stun never miss, the adds of highland cleave and demon sutra are awesome, and the colldown reduce for aoe stun and aelian is godlike. and if u r using swords u will love spirit chaser.

but thats only the way i think, depends how u play, wast ur statbuild, and wat weapons will u use
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Arron - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    if u dont plan getting past 90 i would say that sage is a way to go

but if u will get 92 at least, demon is the best way imo. u wont have that much chi, but longer stuns, aoe stun never miss, the adds of highland cleave and demon sutra are awesome, and the colldown reduce for aoe stun and aelian is godlike. and if u r using swords u will love spirit chaser.

but thats only the way i think, depends how u play, wast ur statbuild, and wat weapons will u use

Many people choose to go demon, and yes, i agree with you. but imo, Demon is a lot better for Poles and Fists. Axes are good with sage cuz u are needed in TW a bit more as tanker. and yea, depends on builds / stats.
  • esperkiller
    esperkiller Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If your using axes go sage, you need the chi gaining skills. If your using another weapon with axes, go demon. If you use any weapon besides axes, go demon.
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    wow....i just noticed that you were the op sid :P
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm going Sage hommie, b:chuckle, sage BMs owns, hands down
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Decus - Heavens Tear
    Decus - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If your using axes go sage, you need the chi gaining skills. If your using another weapon with axes, go demon. If you use any weapon besides axes, go demon.

The chi "issue" is easily remedied with chi pots, ie: the lvl 4 apoth pot that gives one full spark. The chi skill only gives 50 anyways.
  • Arron - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    I'm going Sage hommie, b:chuckle, sage BMs owns, hands down

reality check, Sage BM does not own. dont be so ****-sure or self absorbed. Demon BM can kill Sage BM, all sage does is ad 20% or so chance to add chi, hp, defence, etc. the buffs arent really that good.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Demon works better for axes. Increased stun time for drake bash, roar never misses, sutra gives chance to get 10% more crit, fan of flames area is doubled, drake's ray gets more range, and the winner is dragon which gets its debuff time extended to 9 seconds. Just use the 2 spark chi pot and that will cover you for all your chi loss.
  • O/ - Harshlands
    O/ - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The chi "issue" is easily remedied with chi pots, ie: the lvl 4 apoth pot that gives one full spark. The chi skill only gives 50 anyways.

hardly. the cd on chi pots makes it 1. unreliable, 2. unable to use other "good" pk pots. not to mention, using chi pots in conjunction with spark is beast... not just to keep your chi bar half full.

go sage bm. looking at the skill effects is near pointless as you won't be farming anything past the fb89 books (which are, sadly, utter ****) reliably.
    1. master li's technique adds up over time
    2. heaven spark > hell spark

p.s. lvl 5 apoth pot gives 1.5 sparks

edit: hey guys. you won't have drake bash. you won't have roar. you won't have mastery. you won't have anything other than tiger's maw, stream strike, and draw blood (after paying more than your worth in mirages to beat cube 30 times, you'll roll atmos strike harr)

base your **** off of realistic ****, go sage.
  • Voices - Lost City
    Voices - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My argument for Demon is that it adds something to your character that it didn't have before (crit, dps, speed, skill modifiers) and makes your character more pvp viable. Demon also makes your character more viable as a multiweapon user.

Sage adds more to what you already have (pdef, chi, slight damage increases). Sage may be slightly better for pve as its bonuses are more sure, but I have seen demon turn bms from subpar into excellent both pvp and pve. I'm sure that it depends on the person to make their choice work well for them.

I also really like Lyndura's and Warmachine's arguments for demon, but I still enjoy debating with people. In the end, it all comes down to a personal fit to playing style.
  • Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear
    Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ok, i gotta make the choice as welll. waht are the pros and cons to each? i wanna have my damage increased and my aoe dmg raised.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    reality check, Sage BM does not own. dont be so ****-sure or self absorbed. Demon BM can kill Sage BM, all sage does is ad 20% or so chance to add chi, hp, defence, etc. the buffs arent really that good.

haha dude, its not i am saying that sage BM > demon BM, nor does sage BM < demon BM. It all depends on gears, and skill, then that player wins if they have one of (or both). b:chuckle also, I don't PVP as well, I actually meant in PVE. And don't think I said demon in PVE don't own either, I personally find myself liking sage more than demon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hell = PvP.
    Heaven = PvE.

Nothing more to say.
  • roman6
    roman6 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009

not really....chi pots have 2 minute cooldown...and in that time...dew of star protection always saves my ****....and so do other important orbs such as 60% hp/mp instantly or absorb or tranq orbs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saer1
    saer1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Demon Bm b:angryb:shocked
    Sage Bm b:cuteb:surrender
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Necro BM: b:shutupb:beatup
  • saer1
    edited September 2010
    i have more str\ dex and vit same with some stuff i am useing axes
    then i have to be demon i think niahahhahahhaa
  • saer1
    edited September 2010
    demon Spark b:dirty
  • saer1
    edited September 2010

i dont think so b:bye