Which game to play? PW, ES, or JD

Options
daemer
daemer Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Okies,
Found the website, and first goofed with Ether Saga. Then goofed a little Perfect World, then some Jade Dynasty.
My question is- Which one seems to be the best over all? for me that is...
I mean,
I'm from an EQ and WoW, and many other online games background. I am quite sick of the grind of EQ , the simplicity of WoW, and so on.
I am looking for a game that I can play maybe 1 or 2 nights a week, an hour or two here and there, and not have it become a lifestyle type game. I just want to play and have fun now and not lose my life to an online game.
Will sum up mostly what I want, and perhaps you vets can help me-
I would call myself a hardcore, but casual player. If that makes sence.
A solid online experiance. Not something like a Guild Wars. More depth than just pvp as the core.
Good quests that dont take 3 months to beat, then become obsolete in a week.
Good pvp and pve play, both that a casual player can compete with.
Solid community, with like minded players. Casual, but go hard when they go.

I'll say I like the cuteness of Ether Saga, But, doubt it would hold my interest. Cute gets old.
Like the way Jade Dynasty can self level, so I can keep can keep up with my friends. Just not a fan of the more Japan/China looking world.
Like how Perfect World seems to be more of my "traditional" style mmorpg. But worried I won't catch/keep up.

Any tips or help? thanks guys. Hate to invest time into a game, and find out later it's not what I thought.
Post edited by daemer on

Comments

• Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Perfect world is ur game then. ES is a really fun socializing game to me. and JD has a really chinese feel to it and u lvl really fast. I think since u came from WoW u should play this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • aoiaoichan
    aoiaoichan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I've been playing ES for about two days now (ha ha, I know, not much), and I'm having fun, but now I'm curious what PW is like. I'm curious for JD too.
    Can someone please describe each of them for me? What are the differences?
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    JD is a REALLY japanese/chinese based atmosphere.

PWI is a widely expansive multicultural universe.

they are both really kinda all the same just pick the type of gamplay and setting u like and PLAY it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Play Jade Saga of the Perfect Dynasty EtherWorld
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Play Jade Saga of the Perfect Dynasty EtherWorld

I had to read that like 5 times over to pronounce it in my head b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • daemer
    daemer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Thx Centetric, all I needed to know. PW it is.