wraith army full scale invasion

Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
i think at random times like once a month maybe? that the wraiths should roll out in a fullscale invasion of certain area's/towns and the duke or general summers himself could shout out like when a normal wraith attack occurs but instead on a more massive scale.

The wraith invasion force could take and hold the towns/cities they attack and wtfpwn the npc's/catshops and hold the city/village until more wraith re-inforcements arrive

this way it would take a server-wide counter-attack aswell as just turning up and popping mobs for 20mins

npc's that die could be brought back to life by party quests or maybe just a cooldown respawn timer
but i think this would be cool cus it would make people use smaller villages more due to no class skill trainer at etherblade cus the mobs ate him or w/e

also it would be hella funny for the catshop ppl who wake up the next morning or even if someone logged into an occupied town lol

maybe a campaign commander mob per section of the invasion force and failed wraith attacks reqrouping and marching on different cities?

srry i had a freaky dream the other night involving alot of chaotic shouting in WC chat lol (think i play this game too much)

EDIT how funny would it be to fly through an area and see "dreaming stronghold held by: wraith invaders" ??
Post edited by Fuhjeebies - Harshlands on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've wanted something like this to happen, just NO drops. The monsters should drop NOTHING and pk should be disabled in wraith areas like this. Bring out the real spirit of the games storyline, protect the world from the wraith.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    yeh good idea maybe the boss type commander of wraith attack squads should drop battle plans to let you have intel into which areas are gunna be heavily attacked or w/e

pk wouldn't bother me cus if the pk'ers did what they do on normal events they would basically be getting a city owned
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've wanted something like this to happen, just NO drops. The monsters should drop NOTHING and pk should be disabled in wraith areas like this. Bring out the real spirit of the games storyline, protect the world from the wraith.

Yes! And make the mobs come into Arch so that greedy noob ksers can't avoid them.b:laugh
  • MrSig - Dreamweaver
    MrSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Love this idea. And maybe if they attack larger cities, they might could hold certain districts. Like in arch, maybe they invade the west district first.

OMG, could you imagine all the dead catshops lol? THAT would teach people to clog the streets lol.
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I say once a month just drop Harpy Wraith in west arch for 5 minutes to sort things out then let it leave
  • Eunuch - Dreamweaver
    Eunuch - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Lagfest...
  • Niteblade - Sanctuary
    Niteblade - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    total lagfest.. won't be able to move half an inch even...

on the same line of wraith attack, how about having wraiths to attack and try to take back their lands in TW. wraiths will declare TW on a land or two per weekend. this way, we, new players as well as veterans, will enjoy PvE TW from time to time.
  • MrSig - Dreamweaver
    MrSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I agree with Niteblade's idea. I"m sure those Wraith's are pretty unhappy about losing their territory. And let's face it.... there's a lot more of them than there are us.
  • SlayerVgs - Lost City
    SlayerVgs - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thats a great Idea better than last time they had the wraiths attacking arch as a special event.

I was so excited for a week thinking Oh Boy b:pleased the monsters are gonna waste all the Catshops but then they didn't even pass the gates b:sad the Catshops were still there the next day it was a big letdown.

But your idea is good just there should be some things that are moved like crazy stone to other cities when this happens unless it's just time based.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well I'd say if the wraiths kill the NPCs, they of course will be back later on, the game needs them. They'd have to be gone for the duration of the time the wraiths are in the city, and a few hours after. Make the players come fight the wraith to truly protect the people in the cities where the only benefit you get at all for doing it is a town you can actually use.

Need a nice variety of monsters that attack, good for all levels. Make sure bosses come in based on the area. For example after you think you freed archosaur, Harpy Wraith enters the city and starts killing everyone. The only way to get the catshops and NPCs back would be a server-wide united effort to take it down because its so strong.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • BlademastrxX - Lost City
    BlademastrxX - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    great idea i really like it :D two things to add though if this was implemented they should make each area have a different lvl or wraith for characters of different lvls... lets say an attack on hidden orchid should consist of mid 30 mobs while an attack on a lower lvl place should consist of lvl 10 mobs so every can have fun :D and the other thing is they should add in a special drop from each mob to exchange for special items :D
  • outlawarcher
    outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i love the idea but an attack of that huge scale would make masive lag. hell the attack on archo had me frozen in place for 5 minutes. and i'm using a pretty good computer.
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    bump ............
    ^^
  • Lessein - Sanctuary
    Lessein - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    the idea of it being a wide attack would most likely eliminate most of the lag.
    I mean there being lots of mobs isnt really a big problem.

The incredible lag comes from there being lots of players.
    But if there are lots of attacks then it wont be a lag fest because they will be spread out.

great idea! coencides with my suggestion of more content!