Full of clerics?

Lenyel - Harshlands
Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Cleric
Another noob question :D

Particularly about Harshlands server, is true that PWI is full of clerics? That... Are no more much looked for squads because they are everywhere?
Post edited by Lenyel - Harshlands on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You should have posted in that Server Thread.

However, I can assure you that Clerics are always needed b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Delahk - Sanctuary
    Delahk - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I dunno about Harshlands, but on Sanctuary I never have a trouble finding a squad, and many of the clerics in guild are just alts.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    seems sanctuary has a lack of active barbs and clerics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yeah we can use more Clerics on Sanctuary.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    seems sanctuary has a lack of active BARBS

plz more ....plzb:thanksplz..... we are in need of barbs T_T why would u rather go roll a BM tehn a barb...PLZ ANSWER ME T_Tb:thanksb:surrender(mroe aoe atacks dont count.....or stuns for that mater)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Am I the only Sanctuatist that believes that we have many Clerics?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Opaline - Dreamweaver
    Opaline - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I find that there are tons of clerics at the lower levels (< 60), but much fewer at the higher levels.
    I think this may be because everyone tries to level an alt cleric (probably to help faction that is short on clerics).
    However, cleric is very expensive, especially at higher levels when you are expected to have mp charms to be useful.
    Also many people consider cleric to be boring in squads (most of the time you are just spamming ironheart).
    So many people start to lose interest in leveling cleric after a while.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I find that there are tons of clerics at the lower levels (< 60), but much fewer at the higher levels.
    I think this may be because everyone tries to level an alt cleric (probably to help faction that is short on clerics).
    However, cleric is very expensive, especially at higher levels when you are expected to have mp charms to be useful.
    Also many people consider cleric to be boring in squads (most of the time you are just spamming ironheart).

Then, AoE grinding is tha answer :D
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited July 2009

I actually think Cleric is the worst class apart from Veno in the game due to everything you just stated. Boring in squad for me because i prefer to actually do some damage, High costs (500k atm per gold charm on HT atm) and grinding is so boring i found after level 70 because all i can do is spam the same old 3 skills when i 1v1 or 5 skills if i get more than 1 mob.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I actually think Cleric is the worst class apart from Veno in the game due to everything you just stated. Boring in squad for me because i prefer to actually do some damage, High costs (500k atm per gold charm on HT atm) and grinding is so boring i found after level 70 because all i can do is spam the same old 3 skills when i 1v1 or 5 skills if i get more than 1 mob.
    You can squeeze in alot of dmg as you heal in squad if you know how to time target switching correctly b:bye but those are for clerics who dont mind being busy all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yes to all.

I used to be in a lvl 2 faction where the leader rolled a cleric just because I was the only decent active one we had and I can be rather moody at times. We had a few others, but they weren't always around, and one of them had an obsessive boyfriend that would log into her account (causing her to log out) in the middle of a TT run or whatever they were doing if she didn't call him immediately. So on Sanctuary, a good cleric is very hard to find.

This goes double for barbs. Back to my old lvl 2 faction again ... we had ONE lvl 70x barb and good luck getting ahold of him because his friend list was a ridiculously long list of clerics and he was constantly in an FB or TT. Basically, if you didn't PM him before noon, you had to wait until tomorrow.

I can see why too, everybody wants a tank, but nobody wants to actually roll one themselves. Barbs are boring. No critical hits, high repair costs, no new skills ... yawn. Now that I think about it, I'm surprised there are even as many barbs on Sanctuary as there are now. I'm gonna start thanking every barb I talk to for picking Sanctuary. b:chuckle

EDIT: This topic has inspired me to make this sig: clericluvbarbsig.png LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    And here is my option of things b:chuckle
    Well, the problem is a lot of clerics tend to go solo which sounds weird but almost all my cleric friends were (and a lot of them still are) solo until level 20, even 30s.
    Anyways, to be a good cleric you can't just get bored after healing people, you got to feel the passion in you. But yeah, but I do know a lot of people (like me) who have cleric mains who are higher leveled too =P
    Dude, one. GET OUT OF THE CLERICS AREA!!! You have no right to say that! If you want, say it in your own territory or something! A lot of us who actually have good friends don't need gold charms, since some of us actually have a brain *glares at Drmelvin* If you don't want to be a cleric, delete yours and never comment again! b:angry

But yup, my opinions.

Bye bye! b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    seems sanctuary has a lack of active barbs and clerics

I thought it was barbies & wizes... at least it feels like that to me... Clerics are abundant... Maybe the problem is getting GOOD clerics... & here is an example of the bad one: ...

*Can't do dmg? Well yeah I guess if you do nothing but spam IH & then stand around, the dmg isn't going to magically appear. In a large portion of the squads, I end up doing more damage than the DDs...
    *500k? you're getting ripped off.
    *Omg... do some aoe grinding you slacker, I lvled in no time through 70s till 78, & then started doing gamma + it's great fun since I always got a bunch of audience watching me do it & chatting me up, so meeting new ppl & friends, 1 little cleric against 20 mobs is just too awsome to watch XD
    *Use dif skills, nobody is asking you to do the same thing over & over, but certain combinations are most effective against certain enemies, which is also true for other classes.
    Am I the only Sanctuatist that believes that we have many Clerics?
    *waves*
    plz more ....plzplz..... we are in need of barbs T_T why would u rather go roll a BM tehn a barb...PLZ ANSWER ME T_T(mroe aoe atacks dont count.....or stuns for that mater)
    Lol genies can easily cover for many skills a class does not posses
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    They also like BMs to.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    wrote:
    *waves*
    stop stalking me plz ...<.< and.....

wrote:

u must be such a noob <.<.....

get 2 clerics and 1 DDs and 1 heals then they switch u ewer heard of that?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Aaaah the noob king strikes again with a fail witty remark. <.<
    You ewer heard of spellcheck?
    b:dirty
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Dude, one. GET OUT OF THE CLERICS AREA!!! You have no right to say that! If you want, say it in your own territory or something! A lot of us who actually have good friends don't need gold charms, since some of us actually have a brain *glares at Drmelvin* If you don't want to be a cleric, delete yours and never comment again! b:angry

I can actually say what i like about clerics seeing as i bothered to get one to level 83 and actually still going with it despite how much i dont like it because its my main, the character ive put most money into and its my highest (second highest being a wizard at 62)

*Can't do dmg? Well yeah I guess if you do nothing but spam IH & then stand around, the dmg isn't going to magically appear. In a large portion of the squads, I end up doing more damage than the DDs...

Dude the amount of BS ive had to put up with on HT about actually stopping casting IH to attack has annoyed me so much all i bother to do is spam IH to avoid arguements, But now if they moan i just leave the squad even in TT because i dont see the point in wasting charms for them.
    *500k? you're getting ripped off.

I know 500k per gold charm is a rip off but that is somehow the current price for gold charms and theres nothing i can do about it even though i have tried by using WC but no one listens, Today i actually saw a gold charm for 550k...
    *Omg... do some aoe grinding you slacker, I lvled in no time through 70s till 78, & then started doing gamma + it's great fun since I always got a bunch of audience watching me do it & chatting me up, so meeting new ppl & friends, 1 little cleric against 20 mobs is just too awsome to watch XD

I aoe grind as much as possible, currently im using 1 man army + justice envoys 80-84 which are actually all phy mobs so its harder to aoe grind.
    *Use dif skills, nobody is asking you to do the same thing over & over, but certain combinations are most effective against certain enemies, which is also true for other classes.

The skills are limited to cleric grinding because we are based mostly around healing and support with the option to attack thats why we only have about 5 or 6 skills, Plume shot, cyclone, wield thunder, sirens kiss, razor feathers and tempest. Now compare that to the amount of skills which a BM, Barb, Archer or veno can use.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    o.o Wow nice you have a cleric...... b:shocked I'm surprised lol b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • DutchTank - Heavens Tear
    DutchTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Here on Heavens Tear server its harder to find a good barb than a good cleric
    Signature by FedTehNoob

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Here on Heavens Tear server its harder to find a good barb than a good cleric

Hate to say it, but true...and for lower lv factions, finding good barb who can help out is a pain.
    b:dirty
  • LuckyCherry - Dreamweaver
    LuckyCherry - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    In Dreamweaver many of the clerics and barbs, myself included, bail for TW factions once they hit the 70's, mostly due to the stress of being so in-demand in the smaller factions, especially when charm/repair bills start piling up. DW is still the baby PvE server, the median population is just hitting the 60/70's atm and inflation is awful.

I am in a large TW faction and we have a ton of clerics but I still have no trouble at all finding squads, especially for BH and TT runs. As for Rebirth in DW, occasionally I see squads looking for clerics, but usually it's BMs or Barbs. Fortunately I'm well-stated and competent so I can pretty much always find an RB squad. I'm not sure how zhen is for clerics atm, but I know when I zhenned in my 60's it was easy to find squads. I think the 60's are when clerics start realizing that their class is a total money sink. Some of us stick it out, the others roll venos ^^

Obviously, your mileage may vary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

**** defense, max the attack auras! The mobs won't have time to wonder where your arrows are coming from if they're dead ;)
  • Predikador - Harshlands
    Predikador - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I hate clerics... I really hate them...
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Ok... next...
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    In Dreamweaver many of the clerics and barbs, myself included, bail for TW factions once they hit the 70's, mostly due to the stress of being so in-demand in the smaller factions, especially when charm/repair bills start piling up.
    I think this probably happens on all servers. If you gave out help as often as people asked, you wouldn't have anything left for yourself, even just to faction mates. I was extremely glad when I hit lvl 60 so I could join a higher lvl faction and I am beyond relieved that BH didn't come out 3 months ago.
    Well I hate archers, so **** off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    I think this probably happens on all servers. If you gave out help as often as people asked, you wouldn't have anything left for yourself, even just to faction mates. I was extremely glad when I hit lvl 60 so I could join a higher lvl faction and I am beyond relieved that BH didn't come out 3 months ago.

Well I hate archers, so **** off.

Did you actually take a look at my avatar? And the text under my sig. *sigh*
    Ok... next...

*face palm* Sarcasm, this mysterious force that few understand it.
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sarcasm, this mysterious force that few understand it.

Edit: never mind *sigh*
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Did you actually take a look at my avatar? And the text under my sig. *sigh*
    Good job spending more time making an animated sig and trolling on the forums then you have actually spent training that lvl 13 cleric.

Posting "I hate clerics" in the cleric forum, sarcastic or not, (you're communicating with text, idiot) even if you rolled a cleric alt today doesn't stop you from being anything short of a Class-A Moron.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Good job spending more time making an animated sig and trolling on the forums then you have actually spent training that lvl 13 cleric.

Posting "I hate clerics" in the cleric forum, sarcastic or not, (you're communicating with text, idiot) even if you rolled a cleric alt today doesn't stop you from being anything short of a Class-A Moron.

My last post on this thread cuz u ppl here are thick like hell.

1 What the hell my animated sig has to do with my opinion on clerics?

2 I've started "that lvl 13 cleric" today and unlike you i don't have enough free time to get to 30 in one day. Some of us work and keep a life outside the house.

3 If one sarcastic remark is regarded as trolling on this forum then the problem isn't with me.

4 I may be a class A moron but posting such hateful replies and offending much more than my simple reply when it was absolutely unnecesary make you moron of superior caliber.

I'm out of here...
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Player face no problem with having too many cleric, because it is very easy to fit a lot of cleric into a team, while it is not so for other non-required class. Sure a team of 5 cleric and 1 barb take longer to beat an instance, but it is doable. However a team of 5 wizard and 1 BM is just hopeless. So you don't have to worry that you cannot find a place in a party because even if they already have cleric it is still quite inconsequential for them to get 1 more.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Hate to say it, but true...and for lower lv factions, finding good barb who can help out is a pain.

It is hard finding a good barb on Sanctuary to.

To Predikador

You better get use it it as when you get into faction and start TWing they will want you on when they say and you better be ready.You did pick a pvp server which is what it is about.TW on pvp server should happen 24/7.