Blademaster weapon path combination

jcrondo
jcrondo Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Blademaster
Hi everyone. I started PW a few days ago and decided to make a blademaster.
So far, I've decided to go sword/blade as my main weapon path. What are some more compatible weapon paths that will go nicely with sword/blade that I can go with later on in my build?

My stat build is probably going to be a 5/3/2 (str/dex/vit). Any comment is appreciated? xD
Post edited by jcrondo on

Comments

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    jcrondo wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I started PW a few days ago and decided to make a blademaster.
    So far, I've decided to go sword/blade as my main weapon path. What are some more compatible weapon paths that will go nicely with sword/blade that I can go with later on in my build?

My stat build is probably going to be a 5/3/2 (str/dex/vit). Any comment is appreciated? xD

axes is almost a must for any bm as you will most likely need in many situations AOE skills (skills that affect several mobs around rather than 1)
  • XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    axes is almost a must for any bm as you will most likely need in many situations AOE skills (skills that affect several mobs around rather than 1)

I love my aoes.Aoe grinding i so much faster than solo grinding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
  • jcrondo
    edited July 2009
    So if I consider aoe, should i go with pole or axe?
  • XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So if I consider aoe, should i go with pole or axe?

yup but if u go axe than cap dex at 60 u will be able to go axe and pole
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
  • jcrondo
    edited July 2009
    Okay I see.
    But in terms of aoe which one is more useful and newb friendly?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Axes are a must for any Blademaster. Go with them.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Okay I see.
    But in terms of aoe which one is more useful and newb friendly?

Axe. You will be using it a lot in parties.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I find axes a very boring weapon. Its great that you will play with several paths since axes combined with other weapons make a lot of fun.
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I love my aoes.Aoe grinding i so much faster than solo grinding.

Please... what can you AOE grind on at level 53.

To jcrondo: Go high dexterity, this way you'll be able to use any weapon path.
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • jcrondo
    edited July 2009
    How high is considered high dex for bms?
    The other guy said to cap it at 60?
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    How high is considered high dex for bms?
    The other guy said to cap it at 60?

I go 6 str/4 dex every 2 levels. ( This way you'll be able to use ANY weapon in BM tree )
    Dexterity = Accuracy & Evasion. A lot of people will tell you to pump up vitality then get misty rings ( misty adds 50% accuracy ) you could do that , but keep in mind misty will not give you any evasion.

If you use 6 str /2vit/2dex every 2 levels you will not be able to use fists.

Not sure if 6str /3dex/1vit Will allow you to use latest fists but it looks like a damn good build if you are worried about your HP.

Whatever you do try not to cap anything except for vitality ( 50 at the most ) and magic ( 5 or 3 ), you are BM not a Barb why cap Dexterity at 60 if it gives you Accuracy and Evasion?
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

I totally forgot to answer your question regarding weapons;

Axes is a must. Just make sure you have axes they will make your life much easier. Once you research axes tree, move on to any other weapon , whatever suits your taste :-)
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • Exodus - Harshlands
    Exodus - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    b:chuckle hehe past 60 most mobs ignore evasion and for accuracy u can get accuracy gear i would say if ur just starting off go axe and ur gonna want to add vit unlesss u gotta couple hundreds to use on this game for shards and refinementsb:bye
  • Hayato - Harshlands
    Hayato - Harshlands Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    b:chuckle hehe past 60 most mobs ignore evasion and for accuracy u can get accuracy gear i would say if ur just starting off go axe and ur gonna want to add vit unlesss u gotta couple hundreds to use on this game for shards and refinementsb:bye

Dont listen to him, hes fist!
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009

I'm actually high dexterity axe build. b:chuckle
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • Exodus - Harshlands
    edited July 2009

Dont listen to him he thinks magics pro on a bmb:bye
  • Exodus - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    You should get all -channeling gear and you will be pro! Also raise up int as a bm we need lots of int so we have high mana=more skills to use!!!!!

b:chuckle that is all
  • jcrondo
    edited July 2009
    Wouldn't aoe + mobbing via axe require good refinement on gears since you are mobbing a lot?
  • Rockstare - Heavens Tear
    Rockstare - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    For those interested in this issue..

Follow some basic tree with str/dex/vit, add more when u need some. see it ahead.

the thing of different weapons and being able to use it by attributes is not the whole picture at all. keep in mind that you will eventually have to learn to use em, and have to buy skills for them aswell. It will cost u a LOT. I promise.

If you go high dex AxeHmr +Pole's paths, you have pretty much all set up for u.

Fists, blades and dual-blades are just toys to make u look cool and your moves bling bling ;) b:laughb:laughb:laugh

I cant wait the flame I get from saying that b:chuckle
  • Sunspot - Lost City
    Sunspot - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    drop swords switch to axes. end of topic.
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    just re roll to a veno and go with the nix
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You should start as axe / vit.
    Then once ur comfertable go axe / polearm.
    and then axe / polearm/ fists at about 90-100+

(note* look for +hp/vit equip or refine and use +str/dex for more dmg)

axe's r best at grinding and ok in group pvp (tw / fastest to lvl w/ in aoe grinding)
    polearm's r best in pvp (for their longer range and few aoe's)
    fist's best for 1 v 1 and building chi fast / fastest dps(fastest weapon in game/ for experienced players)

sword's - i honestly don't see the point in them =/

and for everyone saying they r called "BLADEmasters for a reason", fyi their original name is warrior

Hope this hlpd ^^
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • Dakaruch - Lost City
    Dakaruch - Lost City Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Axe>Poleblade>Swords>Fists

Axes are best for mass pvp/mob aoeing cause of all the aoes and stuns it provides, and actually you'll lvl fast compared to other classes (except venos, cause with herc and nix it's only point and click >.>)
    Poleblade is great in pvp and pve as well cause of the range if provides, and you get an awesome bleed and a knockdown skill(only works in pve though).
    Swords are best on 1 vs 1 pvp... Nice dps and some high dmg skills(swords ulti skill is one of the skills with higher dmg in game).
    Fists are... ok. You lack stuns, you lack range... You may have a huge dps, but no one is stupid enough to let you smack them to death... You may crit high, you might interupt skills... But in the end all that **** is made for pve, not pvp cause people don't act like mobs that stay there while you smack them dead. Most people agree that fists are decent in pve and **** in pvp, and actually in LC i see most of fist users have a secondary mastery(in some cases that turn into their main mastery) cause you can't pvp with fists for ****.
  • bigxbear
    edited August 2009
    Axe>Poleblade>Swords>Fists

Axes are best for mass pvp/mob aoeing cause of all the aoes and stuns it provides, and actually you'll lvl fast compared to other classes (except venos, cause with herc and nix it's only point and click >.>)
    Poleblade is great in pvp and pve as well cause of the range if provides, and you get an awesome bleed and a knockdown skill(only works in pve though).
    Swords are best on 1 vs 1 pvp... Nice dps and some high dmg skills(swords ulti skill is one of the skills with higher dmg in game).
    Fists are... ok. You lack stuns, you lack range... You may have a huge dps, but no one is stupid enough to let you smack them to death... You may crit high, you might interupt skills... But in the end all that **** is made for pve, not pvp cause people don't act like mobs that stay there while you smack them dead.
    Most people agree that fists are decent in pve and **** in pvp, and actually in LC i see most of fist users have a secondary mastery(in some cases that turn into their main mastery) cause you can't pvp with fists for ****.

u just contradicted urself o.o. i could say the same thing for swords lacking stun and range, and no one is going to stand there and let u hit them.

yes i know swords have 1 ranged attack, but pole has an even longer ranged attack and does alot more dmg, and to be honest blades r a weaker version of pole =/so i doubt anyone would choose blades over pole

As for fists, yes they have a small range, but their dps + crit and accuracy prove more valuable then swords. all it takes is after u tick their charm use cyclone kick ( to increase attack speed), stun, and attack, then watch the crits fly ^^. but as i said, fist r don't really show their steingth till u go demon and into the 90-100+

* note = multi weapon wr is best imo.
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As you see you are the one who needs to make final decision. Looks like nobody knows what the best of the best of the best is.

However if you go Sword as main and Axe as Auxiliary- it works. Just make sure you keep both weapon mastering up to date and have decent quality weapons.
    Sword path is gonna demand high dex from you and whatever you will lack in punch power you gain in hit accuracy. And you gonna love the ultimate sword skill, as well as aoe's provided by axe path.
  • bigxbear
    edited August 2009
    As you see you are the one who needs to make final decision. Looks like nobody knows that's the best of the best of the best is.

However if you go Sword as main and Axe as Auxiliary- it works. Just make sure you keep both weapon mastering up to date and have decent quality weapons.
    Sword path is gonna demand high dex from you and whatever you will lack in punch power you gain in hit accuracy. And you gonna love the ultimate sword skill, as well as aoe's provided by axe path.

swords ultamite skill only does the most instant dmg, but if u add the effects of pole or axe ultimate skill, they end up doing more dmg, but y would u pick a weapon for only one skill? (not saying its a bad skill =P) o.o
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Well I guess it's not wise indeed to pick a weapon for only one skill in whole skill tree. But I guess we both know that's not the case here right? Another skill you may find useful is knockback which again comes with sword path and though I haven't leveled it up properly, it's already one of the most hurtful single target skill, not to mention that it casts almost an instant and recovers quickly.

Sword also works for those who want to play low budget since it's requires high dex. You are able to deal critical hits quite often and miss rarely so that in 1 on 1 "budget grind" you can do the whole quest without actually using any weapon skills. I'm not saying it's out of question with other weapons but I just state the fact that sword is comfortable 1 on 1 no-skill weapon.
  • bigxbear
    edited August 2009
    ur right, swords r better for a mid game 1 vs 1 weapon compared to fists. and swords r one of the cheapest weapons to chose. but remember, its not about wat one weapon can do, but wat u can combine it w/ to get the most out of it.

For example, to get even more dps out of ur swords, u can use cyclone kick (bare handed, or use a lower lvl claw) to increase ur attack rate for more dps and using draw blood, and peircing winds, then just normal attack and u'll see numbers flying and hp draining fast b:laugh
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    bigxbear wrote: »
    ur right, swords r better for a mid game 1 vs 1 weapon compared to fists. and swords r one of the cheapest weapons to chose. but remember, its not about wat one weapon can do, but wat u can combine it w/ to get the most out of it.

True enough except the "cheap" part. It costed close to 1,7mil to assemble a TT70 "Warrior Blade" (the one that has STR for extra and not VIT) due to the Serpent skin prices (300K a piece). I have to admit though that's harvesting them myself is no way an easier choice than just raising money and buying the mats. However lots of 70+ swordmen use the cheaper version of TT70 sword which is indeed totally affordable and prices will probably keep dropping even further.

I also agree about Legendary "Lunar Blade" and TT60 sword though- unless upgraded, they are cheap.