Desperate? Sale or Greed?

Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear
Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Are the devs so desperate as to dump a ton of "rare" stuff calling it a sale? Is it just me or does this not make sense? The only thing this causes is a hike in prices. I dont hate new content infact i love it, but to delibertly make it so that everything the gamers want is launched at once is just not logical. DO they think about the gamers or just their pockets?
Post edited by Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• JadenFury - Sanctuary
    JadenFury - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Pockets.
    10 char
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It's still WAY better than any other f2p MMO I have played.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    they are pumping sales and zhen bonuses non-stop, do they have economical problems ? XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Narat - Sanctuary
    Narat - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hey, try to play Entropia, lol that will get you down!! b:sad

Perfect World is great as far as that is concerned ... I've tried lots of mmo games and believe me this is is the best ... I'm planning on staying quite a while.b:victory
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Are the devs so desperate as to dump a ton of "rare" stuff calling it a sale? Is it just me or does this not make sense? The only thing this causes is a hike in prices. I dont hate new content infact i love it, but to delibertly make it so that everything the gamers want is launched at once is just not logical. DO they think about the gamers or just their pockets?

Just to point out most f2p games there is no way to access the cash shop items without really purchasing it with money online. Perfect world is really a lot more balanced than most with that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2009

If you dont like it dont buy it they arent forcing u to. Eitherway you gotta remember this game is a business they have to make money somehow its not like hosting a couple servers and keeping staff around to make sure things are running is free.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Although I really do wish they would give all these sales and new releases a break as it's just causing a huge hike in gold prices.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    We realize it's been a while since you guys have gotten a true "content" patch. There's a content update in the works and you'll be seeing it soon, hang in there folks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    THINK. dont make such ridiculous comments

imagine this, you rely on items you sell to make money, and to sell them you give alot of free samples. no one buys your items and just abuse the samples, how are you getting food this month, how are you paying your bills? are you desperate if you offer a sale, or contest to get people to buy? are you scamming them? hell no.

you kids need to get out of this 'PW ONLY FUNCTIONS BECAUSE THEYRE GREEDY.' mentality. theyre a business. they need money to live too. and you were never told you had to buy any of it, so why are you even complaining?
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The very fact that this game actually gets CONTENT patches puts it head and shoulders above just about any f2p mmo I can think of.

Want to whine about PWI? Go play other f2p's and realize how good we have it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Narat - Sanctuary
    Narat - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2009

imagine this, you rely on items you sell to make money, and to sell them you give alot of free samples. no one buys your items and just abuse the samples, how are you getting food this month, how are you paying your bills? are you desperate if you offer a sale, or contest to get people to buy? are you scamming them? hell no.

you kids need to get out of this 'PW ONLY FUNCTIONS BECAUSE THEYRE GREEDY.' mentality. theyre a business. they need money to live too. and you were never told you had to buy any of it, so why are you even complaining?

Face it ppl without the money these is no Perfect World ... get over it.
  • God - Dreamweaver
    God - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    People complain about not releasing mounts/fashions fast enough and when they do release some stuff for you guys, you just complain and complain and complain.. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    We realize it's been a while since you guys have gotten a true "content" patch. There's a content update in the works and you'll be seeing it soon, hang in there folks.

We've had 2 expension already in less than a year. Some games deliver much less than than.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The sad thing is, about 60% of the complainers probably don't even spend a penny real-life cash in the game. Think of it, running pw is like a P2P game not charging over half their customers. They'd go bankrupt in a month. Any free-to-play game lives off the cash shop.

Without gold the GM's can't give us new content, new items and most of all they certainly can't fix bugs. More gold we buy, the better quality gaming experience that can be offered. And no ones going to spend gold on a worthless product, so the GM's need to keep up with the market by offering a huge variety of items, sales and offers.

The ones saying "boycott gold! Don't buy boutique items! it'll make gold cheap enough to buy ingame".... Don't you guys even realize you're basically killing the game? O_o If everyone did as you said and you could buy gold with ingame coin easily, there wouldn't be a pwi. Simple as. You want to have end game gear, uber refines, pwn TW, tons of cash, every mount and fashion? Then pay for it -.-
    Seriously, do you people walk into shops irl and b***h at shopkeepers for not selling you things for cheap, then walk around starting protests urging customers to boycott everything till you get what you want?
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    [QUOTE= DO they think about the gamers or just their pockets?[/QUOTE]

If you check out the PWI business website it states that their primary loyalty is to their investors and, by implication, not their customers.

As play in this game progresses it seems likely that paying customers will feel increasingly manipulated by the way the software is set up. A customer left with the feeling that manipulation has been attempted on them is an unhappy customer. Unhappy customers are bad for business. I, for one, see myself spending far less money as time progresses.

I was happier using the cash shop when I still liked the company.

My hypothesis is that the marketing techniques used will not work on a savvy western customer base.

We will see.

(sorry for slight threadjack)
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    they are pumping sales and zhen bonuses non-stop, do they have economical problems ? XD

i was thinking this too lol....but there are too many sales lately if u ask me...<.<
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    the snap sales are targeted to cash shoppers.

people who buy ingame gold probably wont expect these sales, and may not be able to buy up enough gold intime. this forces them to spend $$ to get the item they want.

those who do buy gold in the brief time force up gold prices, which makes it harder for others to buy, which forces them to spend $$.

if you dont like it, spend some money, else sit back and enjoy the f2p game b:victory

edit:
    example, little veno wants a herc, but who has 120 gold sitting around? little veno then goes and buys up all gold in AH. big veno comes along and wants a nix, but cant afford these crazy gold prices caused by little veno. shes then charges zen and buys a cheap nix before the sale ends.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    edit:
    example, little veno wants a herc, but who has 120 gold sitting around? little veno then goes and buys up all gold in AH. big veno comes along and wants a nix, but cant afford these crazy gold prices caused by little veno. shes then charges zen and buys a cheap nix before the sale ends.

i actualy got a pm on the forums today from a veno friend and she asked me whats the price of them ....lol <.<.... o well i more friend veno who wil ahve a herc.... <.<..... *-*(she said taht lol... taht shes gona get it *-*)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eunuch - Dreamweaver
    Eunuch - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My hypothesis is that the marketing techniques used will not work on a savvy western customer base.

I loled at "savvy western customer base" in a game created in China, the land of gold farming, with 50mil registered players in asia alone.
  • Kvic - Dreamweaver
    Kvic - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yes, PWE is bilking customers out of their cash.
    They should never have any sales, or come out with new items, or mounts. In fact they should just close the cash shop and delete everything in the cash shops. It would be a perfect world if there was no gold.

I have an idea, lets get rid of all the coin too, that way it would be a fair world for everybody, at least for the month that they would be able to keep up operations, but it would be bliss until then.

Free Nix and Hercules, free charms, free gems and mirage stone, we could all be uber till the fall!
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Total agree, ppl must grow up, thats why PWI is a FREE GAME cuz they get the money through the cash shop

Someone think GMs will work free for us? many time wasted with new patchs, removing bugs, reading post at forum, support...... Or the chinesse license is free for they? dont forget PWI is a business

The only difference is who can afford buy gold and who cant afford it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    First off, this week seems to be a huuuuge week for whining and crying about pety issues that don't even exist.

I am shocked to see that there are so many people out there that complain about such little things. Perhaps with all these changes it will cleanse a bit of the population and there will be less pointless bickering for a while.

This game is designed so you can have everything without spending real life cash. So what's the problem?? Noone forces any of your complainers to buy anything with RL $$$

They put on a sale over and over again. They need money, so the peope who have the money can support the company. The byuer can get a little extra for buying Zen which in-turn allows us who don't have the money to help support PWI continue to play this good game.

This community (atleast the ones who take it to the forums) are a very sad sad group and really need to look at themselves and see how greedy they are and that its not PWI who is "greedy".
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The only difference is who can afford buy gold and who cant afford it

But at some point, gold will be sold for a too high amount of coins, and new players will not be able to afford it. And some of these new players will leave the game sooner.

Less new players = less players who buy gold in AH.

Less players who buy gold in AH = less players who buy zhen from PWI

Less players who buy zhen from PWI = less money in PWI's pockets

Players who don't invest money in the cash shop but rather use coins to buy gold in AH are as important as those who buy zhen with real money. You must have buyers if you want to sell something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    If 1 gold sells for 150K is this unfair?

No.

I think many are used to it being at 100K for such a long time they feel that its unfair now that the prices are gone up.

There are too many people now in the game who want everything easier and easier. If we all would appreciate working harder for a goal that goal would mean so much more once we got it.

When I am mid 30's saving up coin day in and day out using differnent cash making techniques to save up for my panther, and the day I finally buy it from someone it felt great.

Every purchase I make its done with patience and hard work saving up the cash.

Also, making items harder to get also makes items more rare and exciting to achieve. If we could all have everything in the game so easy the game would not be successful and die out faster than the theory of cash shop issues and Gold costing issues.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Players who don't invest money in the cash shop but rather use coins to buy gold in AH are as important as those who buy zhen with real money. You must have buyers if you want to sell something.

Many ppl only play for have fun, farming, cheating.....
    Purchase Gold from AH isnt soo expensive but greed ppl want be rich without playing only selling, buying and re-selling more expensive
    When I am mid 30's saving up coin day in and day out using differnent cash making techniques to save up for my panther, and the day I finally buy it from someone it felt great.

Every purchase I make its done with patience and hard work saving up the cash.

Then imagine how much I was been saving for my Nix..... b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Kvic - Dreamweaver
    Kvic - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I believe your over thinking the affect gold prices will have on new players.
    A new player can get into the 30's before there is even much of a use for gold, sure a person can want gold, but can do fine without it.

the coin = gold cost will not have much of an affect on new players.
  • Baraya - Dreamweaver
    Baraya - Dreamweaver Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Many ppl only play for have fun, farming, cheating.....
    Purchase Gold from AH isnt soo expensive but greed ppl want be rich without playing only selling, buying and re-selling more expensive

Then imagine how much I was been saving for my Nix..... b:cry

QFT. Prices go up because a greedy person takes advantage of a kind person's reasonable price and re-sells for higher. It's good to have people willing to buy cash shop stuff so that we can get that in-game. What's bad is greedy re-selling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    QFT. Prices go up because a greedy person takes advantage of a kind person's reasonable price and re-sells for higher. It's good to have people willing to buy cash shop stuff so that we can get that in-game. What's bad is greedy re-selling.

That's going to happen anywhere there's a free market, like PWI has. People like this do drive the prices up, but eventually they also cause the reverse to happen. It eventually gets to the point where prices are so high, that people stop buying from these high prices, and go to the lower prices. This causes prices to fall. Then the process repeats itself. You see it all the time, even in RL. Buying ans selling goods is the basis of any economy, and things will eventually work out well. You just have to be patient and wait for economic practices to work things out.

And the only thing that makes people like this greedy is the fact that they know they can do it and turn a profit. If you don't like it, don't buy from them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yes, I really don’t like this. The past couple weeks have had some rubbish updates or cashshop items, so I assume this is just a quick money making thing. With stuff that was meant to be apparently ultra rare. Not just that but they add another sale for battle packs, as if there isn’t enough overpowered bugged phoenix’s ingame.

Personally I would like to think the GMs and company do it for the players, but this is another example of money over player priory.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Yes, I really don